• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk calls for increase in US oil, gas production to combat Russia

A lower price benefits that guy when he fills his tank.

How much oil is on the global market everyday? How much do you imagine could be produced in the short term by issuing new permits?

Maybe you'd rather have Hunter give a few words, since he was on the board of a energy company?
Did you build that straw man from your own plans?

Or did you download some plans from the interwebz to help you build that straw man?

It doesn't. It's just interesting that it's Musk, because he appears to be good at almost everything he touches. His track record is rather impressive.

Musk's rich and famous so obv, duh.

Rich and famous means Musk's ethical, smart, knowledgeable, and wise too.

I feel like I went over this already.

LOL - all those are indpendent outfits, right? Except foxnews?
Fox news is independent as well, at least from the official GOP.

They all serve their markets.

How much oil is on the global market everyday? How much do you imagine could be produced in the short term by issuing new permits?
That depends on what you consider short term. Certainly, more can be produced in the short term via new drilling than can be produced in what you termed the "long term" through expansion of wind and solar.

But we are producing about 10% less oil than in 2018, so we should be able to increase about million barrels a day fairly quickly. That's about 5-6 times the amount of crude oil we get from Russia. So, we could cut Russia off completely, and still produce about 800,000 more barrels per day than we import from Russia.

it's a no-brainer......we should never have stopped from the git-go......oh wait......why did we stop......oh yeah, they were selling it to us a half the price we can produce it for........hmmmmm, that sounds familiar

Musk's rich and famous so obv, duh.

Rich and famous means Musk's ethical, smart, knowledgeable, and wise too.

I feel like I went over this already.
Musk became rich and famous because he is smart, knowledgeable and wise, and highly capable. He isn't just viewed as smart, knowledgeable and wise because he is rich and famous.

He didn't "cut off exporting." He cut off "drilling." Are you not getting this?
No he didn't. He cut off new land leases. Existing land leases are............existing. Oil companies are not using them. Why would new leases be issued when existing leases remain untapped?

That depends on what you consider short term. Certainly, more can be produced in the short term via new drilling than can be produced in what you termed the "long term" through expansion of wind and solar.

But we are producing about 10% less oil than in 2018, so we should be able to increase about million barrels a day fairly quickly. That's about 5-6 times the amount of crude oil we get from Russia. So, we could cut Russia off completely, and still produce about 800,000 more barrels per day than we import from Russia.

Are we producing less because of a lack of permitted land? If we issued a thousand new permits today, how long would it be before those permits are producing?

Keep justifying your hatred for the American people. The American people demand access to affordable domestically produce energy, and you want to deny them that because you hate America and democracy.
I see you know nothing about me.
for one thing I an NOT against oil pipelines as long as they are not put where they can do massive harm to people and their water supply when they leak, and with Tar sand oils and the company that was building the XL pipeline it would not have been IF they leaked but when they leak.
The company that was going to build the XL section of the Keystone pipeline does NOT have a very good records for keeping oil especially tar sand oil inside their pipes,
Tar sand oil is very corrosive and starts eating away at the pipe the moment it touches the pipe,
the people asked if they could run it where their other pipelines were already and they didn't want to do that if they had it could have been built by now.
it looks like YOU are so ANTI AMERICAN you want to let a Canadian oil company maybe destroy the drinking water of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of American families or even Kill American people by poisoning somebody with something that is in Tar sand oil just so they can make a profit?
are you really that anti American?
again they have even said MOST of the Tar sand oil they were going to be transporting in that pipeline was going to the Gulf to be shipped over seas.
TAR SAND OIL is not a "affordable domestically produce energy, " product WE produce WE import it from Canada and again we do NOT use very much of it here
Have a nice day

I see you know nothing about me.
for one thing I an NOT against oil pipelines as long as they are not put where they can do massive harm to people and their water supply when they leak, and with Tar sand oils and the company that was building the XL pipeline it would not have been IF they leaked but when they leak.
The company that was going to build the XL section of the Keystone pipeline does NOT have a very good records for keeping oil especially tar sand oil inside their pipes,
Tar sand oil is very corrosive and starts eating away at the pipe the moment it touches the pipe,
the people asked if they could run it where their other pipelines were already and they didn't want to do that if they had it could have been built by now.
it looks like YOU are so ANTI AMERICAN you want to let a Canadian oil company maybe destroy the drinking water of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of American families or even Kill American people by poisoning somebody with something that is in Tar sand oil just so they can make a profit?
are you really that anti American?
again they have even said MOST of the Tar sand oil they were going to be transporting in that pipeline was going to the Gulf to be shipped over seas.
TAR SAND OIL is not a "affordable domestically produce energy, " product WE produce WE import it from Canada and again we do NOT use very much of it here
Have a nice day
A single oil leak is not going to poison drinking water.

No he didn't. He cut off new land leases. Existing land leases are............existing. Oil companies are not using them. Why would new leases be issued when existing leases remain untapped?
LOL, that isn't accurate, as Biden's measures reduced the amount of oil drilling.

Oil industry is no threat to the drinking water. This is a lie told by eco-extremists.
YOU ARE ANTI AMERICAN!!!
if oil gets into the fresh water supply it can damage it for years , oil has different chemicals in it some of them can KILL people and if there is a spill that isn't detected for a time there could be thousands of barrels of oil getting into the water supply and if there is any of these chemicals in that oil people could be KILLED by that oil.
and it is FACT that it takes 2.6 Barrels of fresh water that gets contaminated and can NOT be used again to produce 1 barrel of tar sand oil
Have a nice day

LOL, that isn't accurate, as Biden's measures reduced the amount of oil drilling.
It's quite accurate. And Biden has no control over private company drilling operations.

A single oil leak is not going to poison drinking water.
are YOU really that stupid?
1 oil spill can and has destroyed peoples fresh water supply
In January 2015, when the Poplar oil pipeline spilled 40,000 gallons of oil into the Yellowstone River in eastern Montana, contaminating water supplies for local residents and harming valuable fish and wildlife habitat.
I have a water well for my water at one of my houses in NY and I am glad they have a ban on fracking in NY
By sister lives several miles from PA and they can frack there and her neighbor now has hot and cold running Natural gas coming out of her Kitchen sink
I an not against it , we need to make sure it is safe for people and their water supply
Have a nice day

What, so you care about trees now? Gimme a break. They run out of fields and rooftops where you're from?
YEP
but they don't seem to worry or care about what digging for the Tar sand oils that would have flowed in the Keystone XL pipeline does to the land
.a lot of that land won't recover and be usable again from that mining for years and years.
the people on the right that are on here have shown us they are all for big oil and screw the American people, they don't seem to care if people don't have water to drink as long as the oil companies make profits
and they call people on the left " Anti American "
Have a nice day

New wells can be delivering oil to refineries in one month if Biden would remove all hurdles.
again just what " hurdles" has Biden enacted that are still in place?
He has opened over 80 MILLION acres of Federal lands in the Gulf where there is known to be a lot of oil and granted thousands of drilling permits already
.there have been oil pipelines rebuilt and put back on line and they are starting to rebuild more
Have a nice day

it's a no-brainer......we should never have stopped from the git-go......oh wait......why did we stop......oh yeah, they were selling it to us a half the price we can produce it for........hmmmmm, that sounds familiar
You don't mean back when Trump was in and the Saudi's and Russians had their price war and were almost giving it away and our oil producers shut a lot of their wells down and put political pressure on Trump to go to the Saudi's and tell them to cut their production and RAISE prices or we would stop their military aid
you mean then?
and then when we went back and asked them to increase production they told us to F off , we needed to make up our minds we want them to cut production and when they do we want them to increase production
Have a nice day

More drill sites permits available under biden than Trump, so more moronic right wing nonsense.

Stop buying your little dick trucks that get 10mpg and fighting green energy initiatives that reduced demand and thus won't be a pressure on price.

the oil and gas companies love the prices going through the roof, they bring in record profits. So go point your finger at those greedy scumbags, who probably try in influence world events to be able to profit more.

What is rightw ingers obsessions with sucking off the greedy shitbag oil and gas companies?

Last edited:
What, so you care about trees now? Gimme a break. They run out of fields and rooftops where you're from?
You suddenly don't care about trees? To serve your immediate POLITICAL AGENDA. You like helping the Chinese dominate energy?

Most it comes from China.

Musk became rich and famous because he is smart, knowledgeable and wise, and highly capable. He isn't just viewed as smart, knowledgeable and wise because he is rich and famous.
Contrary to internet mythology, Musk was born rich.

FWIW, I decided to see if I could find out how many oil wells the US has, and, whether or not those wells are producing. Here's part of what I found.

Excerpt:

"Since March 17, 71% (308 rigs) of the rigs taken out of service were in the top three U.S. crude oil-producing regions: the Permian region in southeastern New Mexico and western Texas, the Eagle Ford region in southern Texas, and the Bakken region in Montana and North Dakota. Drilling in oil-focused plays has declined as the impact of mitigation efforts for the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have caused declines in petroleum demand and the resulting fall in crude oil prices. In mid-March, the Permian region had 405 operating rigs. By May 12, that number had fallen by 57% to 175 rigs. The Eagle Ford and Bakken regions saw similar declines in their rig counts, of 64% and 69%, respectively, in that time."

Excerpt:

"The February 25th Baker Hughes rig count report shows 650 active drilling rigs in the US. One month ago, the total active rig count was 604, and one year ago it was 402 rigs.

The oil rig count is currently 522 rigs, compared to 491 one month ago, and 215 last February. The gas rig count is 127, compared to 113 one month ago and 91 one year ago."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom