• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk Buys Twitter for $44 B and Will Take It Private

I can't imagine that being the only motive, no. While I think his assessment of Twitter's importance is a bit over generous, it's not far off the mark in terms of influence in the idea space. What I mean is that unlike some of the other social media apps, it's more engaging in the exchange of ideas than Facebook or TikTok. So from that perspective I don't doubt his desire for Twitter to be less restrictive, the challenge is keeping the space open while having to deal with what that actually means in the context of maintaining a space friendly to advertisers if he's looking to keep the platform free of cost to users.

He wants to get Twitter back into China, so he can make his money off of it before he dumps it.

As for “freedom of speech”, I have little doubt that Musk will object to Beijing’s censorship of the platform, as long as he can sell Teslas in China.

He could care less about these trump losers.

”Freedom of speech” my ass!

Hunter's laptop info was banned for being lies. They weren't lies. Russian prostitutes peeing on Trump's Moscow hotel room bed was a lie not banned. These are honest opinions that have been regulated by a very dishonest and biased social media.

I don’t know who banned Hunter’s laptop. The whole thing was a Russian disinformation operation, anyway. Nobody really knows what is on the machine, even though trump losers keep insisting that they do.

I don‘t know whether the pee pee tape was a lie or not. It has not been verified. It hasn’t been refuted either. The fact that Trump is EXACTLY the kind of guy who would really get off on something like that, gives it impact. Too bad it didn’t come out before the election, particularly after the Access Hollywood thing.

Must be a dilemma now that Ford electrified the F-150.

If you were around here the day the Lightening was announced, you’d have noticed that all the flat earth crowd got very quiet.

I don’t know who banned Hunter’s laptop. The whole thing was a Russian disinformation operation, anyway. Nobody really knows what is on the machine, even though trump losers keep insisting that they do.

I don‘t know whether the pee pee tape was a lie or not. It has not been verified. It hasn’t been refuted either. The fact that Trump is EXACTLY the kind of guy who would really get off on something like that, gives it impact. Too bad it didn’t come out before the election, particularly after the Access Hollywood thing.
CNN, msnbc, yahoo news,new York times, the post.twitter,Facebook and many many more labeled it russian disinformation.

The FBI knows what is on hunters laptop. Durham knows what is on the laptop. The Russian Ino from steele has been discredited as russian disinformation.

You are in denial.

Well, another way of putting it is that trump supporters know that nobody cares if Biden wasn’t on Twitter.

Trump supporters certainly do not believe in freedom of expression. They’re all harassing school boards to ban books. Their fuhrer attacked the press and suggested that censorship would be a good idea for four years.

Biden supporters do not think “some guy on the internet” is an authoritative source of news. And they don’t follow imaginary characters created by secretive operatives the way the trump crowd does.

Nice rhyme in the last sentence!
That lower case "t" fronting Trumps name says all I need to know. It really is so sad.

Twitter and most of the MSM did! It was NOT a Russian disinformation operation.
Please try and read some up to date news so you understand what is going on!

Did you really just post this?

You may have missed this... but the Washington Post has confirmed that the laptop was authentic. Those who claimed it to be a "Russian disinformation operation" were lying.

Defamation isn't free speech.
Tell that to all your friends who wont stop screeching profane things about Biden, Harris, Fauci, etc. LOL. Oh, wait, those are "conservative views" that people are being "censored" over!!

Did you really just post this?

You may have missed this... but the Washington Post has confirmed that the laptop was authentic. Those who claimed it to be a "Russian disinformation operation" were lying.
And that’s mutually exclusive from disinformation…how?

And that’s mutually exclusive from disinformation…how?
Again, are you serious?

If the laptop was really Hunter Biden's laptop, and the emails his, then yes, it is not a fake supplied by the Russians. The "50+ former intelligence officials" who said it was were lying.

Again, are you serious?

If the laptop was really Hunter Biden's laptop, and the emails his, then yes, it is not a fake supplied by the Russians. The "50+ former intelligence officials" who said it was were lying.

Bullshit.. We KNOW someone created new folders with names like "Big Guy File" and "Salacious Pics Package"... The copies being bandied about are pure trash..

In their examinations, Green and Williams found evidence that people other than Hunter Biden had accessed the drive and written files to it, both before and after the initial stories in the New York Post and long after the laptop itself had been turned over to the FBI.

Maxey had alerted The Washington Post to this issue in advance, saying that others had accessed the data to examine its contents and make copies of files. But the lack of what experts call a “clean chain of custody” undermined Green’s and Williams’s ability to determine the authenticity of most of the drive’s contents.
“The drive is a mess,” Green said.

Soon after that period of inactivity — and months after the laptop itself had been taken into FBI custody — three new folders were created on the drive. Dated Sept. 1 and 2, 2020, they bore the names “Desktop Documents,” “Biden Burisma” and “Hunter. Burisma Documents.”

Williams also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, “Mail,” “Salacious Pics Package” and “Big Guy File” — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.

Again, are you serious?

How do you know that everything on the laptop is real?

Bullshit.. We KNOW someone created new folders with names like "Big Guy File" and "Salacious Pics Package"... The copies being bandied about are pure trash..

In their examinations, Green and Williams found evidence that people other than Hunter Biden had accessed the drive and written files to it, both before and after the initial stories in the New York Post and long after the laptop itself had been turned over to the FBI.

Maxey had alerted The Washington Post to this issue in advance, saying that others had accessed the data to examine its contents and make copies of files. But the lack of what experts call a “clean chain of custody” undermined Green’s and Williams’s ability to determine the authenticity of most of the drive’s contents.
“The drive is a mess,” Green said.

Soon after that period of inactivity — and months after the laptop itself had been taken into FBI custody — three new folders were created on the drive. Dated Sept. 1 and 2, 2020, they bore the names “Desktop Documents,” “Biden Burisma” and “Hunter. Burisma Documents.”

Williams also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, “Mail,” “Salacious Pics Package” and “Big Guy File” — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.

Paywalled article - and not exactly unbiased.

People are trying SO hard to deflect still.

Paywalled article - and not exactly unbiased.

People are trying SO hard to deflect still.

Do you dispute those folders were added or do you think Hunter had folders named "Big Guy File" and "Salacious Pics Package"?

Do you dispute those folders were added or do you think Hunter had folders named "Big Guy File" and "Salacious Pics Package"?
It's the first I've heard of this - and I haven't seen an actual report on it.

Interesting... Fox News/OAN/Newsmax censoring?
I wouldn't know. I don't watch any of those. Any other deflection?

Worth noting ... I responded to someone who was parroting the line of "The laptop is Russian Disinformation" line, which has now been well debunked - a lie - by the current president and his supporters. Even WaPo begrudgingly admitted that it was authentic.

I wouldn't know. I don't watch any of those. Any other deflection?

Worth noting ... I responded to someone who was parroting the line of "The laptop is Russian Disinformation" line, which has now been well debunked - a lie - by the current president and his supporters. Even WaPo begrudgingly admitted that it was authentic.

The WaPo admits SOME of the information appears to be authentic but rightly points out that the data integrity has been compromised... The question of course is was any data added... Did the data originate from a laptop dropped off by Hunter at an obscure Mac shop?

Again, are you serious?

The laptop was in the hands of Guiliani and possibly even brought out of the country. Data on a laptop can be doctored.

The laptop was in the hands of Guiliani and possibly even brought out of the country. Data on a laptop can be doctored.
In other words, not Russian disinformation.

Guliani provided a copy to the New York Post. The FBI has the original. Unlikely that it was altered. Sure.... it COULD have been, but that's likely wishful thinking, as much of it has been authenticated.

In other words, not Russian disinformation.

Guliani provided a copy to the New York Post. The FBI has the original. Unlikely that it was altered. Sure.... it COULD have been, but that's likely wishful thinking, as much of it has been authenticated.

Providing a copy of a compromised laptop doesn't make it more compelling.

If "PROOF TRUMP COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA" came on a laptop that had been in the hands of Hillary Clinton's people, are you really telling me you'd just accept it as genuine on faith?

Back
Top Bottom