• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk buys 9.2% stake in Twitter, making him the largest shareholder

Oh, boy!

Can he get The Donald back on Twitter?

Oh, boy!

Can he get The Donald back on Twitter?

You must have a short memory if you, as a Trump supporter, actually want Donald Trump back on twitter... or does having to "explain" multiple tweets a day give some sort of purpose? Covfefe!

10% probably isn't enough to overcome the deluded political hacks on the board of directors.
Yet.

The best way to preserve free speech is to buy it.

As a free-market capitalist, I accept that the same mechanism that keeps Trump off of Twitter, can get him back on.

Good for you! Plus, it would be entertaining as all get out! Thirdly, it will be the end of the draconian cancel culture warrioring!

Oh hell yes!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:💪o

Well, well, well ... how the worm turns, or so it would seem. Too bad he can't arrange for a few show trials, the victims of twitter as witnesses before a howling mob screaming "off with their heads". That would warm my soul.

Before conservatives start cheering the return of Donald Trump to Twitter too much, remember that Trump vs. DeSantis in 2024 likely equals another 4 years of Joe Biden.

10% probably isn't enough to overcome the deluded political hacks on the board of directors.
Yet.
I'm confused. You are for capitalism or you are not?

The board of directors of publicly held companies are tasked with making money for those who own any stake in the company. Are you suggesting these "political hacks" have not done that?

Or, are you just butt hurt that they decided it was in the best interest of the company and its shareholders to ban your narcissistic, compulsively lying cult leader?

You can't have it both ways.

Good for you! Plus, it would be entertaining as all get out! Thirdly, it will be the end of the draconian cancel culture warrioring!

Well, public companies are for sale as part of their charter (via stock purchase).

To be against this, would be to be against capitalism itself!.

Last edited:
The best way to preserve free speech is to buy it.
and then censor it they way you want to!
NO. The best way to corrupt free speech is to buy it. If you have to buy it, it isn't free. Buying free speech is an oxymoron.

Hah!

I suspect the reason there's so much disagreement here between you guys, is . . . because . . . this is not about free-speech! Twitter =/= government!

But, it is about capitalism . . .

You must have a short memory if you, as a Trump supporter, actually want Donald Trump back on twitter... or does having to "explain" multiple tweets a day give some sort of purpose? Covfefe!
We'll just remind you of the babbling, doddering old clown you voted in the Presidency.

Hah!

I suspect the reason there's so much disagreement here between you guys, is . . . because . . . this is not about free-speech! Twitter =/= government!

But, it is about capitalism . . .
I see that old argument on the legal basis for free speech used around here everyday, but it's practical bullshit, and YOU know it. We leave all speech platforms in the public sector including the press. Now that the Internet is the home to most all free speech, the paradigm has changed. Twitter and other platforms need their special status removed like news media.

I see that old argument on the legal basis for free speech used around here everyday, but it's practical bullshit, and YOU know it. We leave all speech platforms in the public sector including the press. Now that the Internet is the home to most all free speech, the paradigm has changed. Twitter and other platforms need their special status removed like news media.

Statements like this display a serious lack of understanding of the Constitution.

Your argument doesn't make any sense. Without that special status, Twitter would be liable for what is said by the people who use its platform. It would be liable if Donald Trump lied and then someone believed that lie to their detriment, like pretty much everyone on the slate for jail time for participating in the 1/6 insurrection. If that special status were removed, then Twitter can and should ban whomever it wants whenever it wants for any reason, lest it be held accountable for something someone else says on the platform. They would be fools not to ban Donald Trump for life. How does that enable free speech?

We'll just remind you of the babbling, doddering old clown you voted in the Presidency.

At least he's better than the last babbling doddering old clown I voted out of the Presidency. 🤷‍♀️ In the context of twitter, Biden doesn't embarrass the country multiple times a day by sending out idiotic tweets so I am plus one on my pick over yours.

Back
Top Bottom