• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk’s Twitter reportedly added office ‘bedrooms’ for employees

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Elon Musk has reportedly converted some conference rooms at Twitter’s headquarters into makeshift “bedrooms” this week while pushing a “hardcore” work culture at the social media site.

A photo of one of the rooms obtained by Forbes — which didn’t publish the images and withheld the name of its source over “fear of reprisal” — displayed a queen-sized bed, a wooden bedside table and bright orange carpeting. The beds were purportedly added without any announcement or explanation for employees explaining the move.

Forbes said the rooms held “sleeping quarters reminiscent of sad hotel rooms” and featured “unmade mattresses, drab curtains and giant conference-room telepresence monitors.”
================================================================
When the beds start arriving at your work place, it's a sure sign that you need to update your resume.

Elon Musk has reportedly converted some conference rooms at Twitter’s headquarters into makeshift “bedrooms” this week while pushing a “hardcore” work culture at the social media site.

A photo of one of the rooms obtained by Forbes — which didn’t publish the images and withheld the name of its source over “fear of reprisal” — displayed a queen-sized bed, a wooden bedside table and bright orange carpeting. The beds were purportedly added without any announcement or explanation for employees explaining the move.

Forbes said the rooms held “sleeping quarters reminiscent of sad hotel rooms” and featured “unmade mattresses, drab curtains and giant conference-room telepresence monitors.”
When the beds start arriving at your work place, it's a sure sign that you need to update your resume.

Um, where are all the people who screamed about the cushy atmosphere at Twitter that Herr Musk was going to change?

All of Elon's actions lately make me seriously question his sanity. He paid way too much for twitter and seems interested in tearing it all down by firing anybody that he sees and purposefully scaring away the other employees. I get that some people are die hard employees and are willing to sleep in their office in order to get some extra work done, but most people won't do that. Suggesting that this kind of behavior is mandatory is just crazy.

With the way he is acting, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on infowars soon screaming about the jews and hitler.

I wonder what percentage doesn't have resumes flying around?

I'll be flabberghasted if he succeeds in walking in, firing the majority of employees, driving more off with idiotic pledges, and keeps enough that are so dedicated - not to getting a man on Mars, but Twitter - that they'll put in 2-3x the amount of hours, even abandoning families to sleep in the office, all for exactly the same compensation.

All of Elon's actions lately make me seriously question his sanity. He paid way too much for twitter and seems interested in tearing it all down by firing anybody that he sees and purposefully scaring away the other employees. I get that some people are die hard employees and are willing to sleep in their office in order to get some extra work done, but most people won't do that. Suggesting that this kind of behavior is mandatory is just crazy.

With the way he is acting, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on infowars soon screaming about the jews and hitler.
Yeah..
I said this many times here .. More and more Musk is reminding me of Howard Hughes..

Hughes lost touch with reality as he got older.. He was slipping into insanity...

Difference is back then it was easier to hide what was happening to Hughes... Now with Musk? It's all out in the open for all to see...

And the “nap pods” at Twitter prior to Musk’s takeover were for what exactly?

I wonder if he will have laundry machines installed so that they never have to go home.

I wonder if he will have laundry machines installed so that they never have to go home.
The facilities that major American companies have in India and the Philippines typically include dormitories for employees. Why are the twits complaining about this?

The facilities that major American companies have in India and the Philippines typically include dormitories for employees. Why are the twits complaining about this?
Hey, great! Why move the business overseas? Just bring the overseas sweatshop conditions home!

Apparently San Francisco is having a spaz attack over this...

Great priorities, city of San Fran. Great priorities. :rolleyes:

Is this an objection to building codes generally because you think government is bad, or are you really taking issue with it simply because Musk is being waved around as some kind of right wing hero (because Fox told its base that "leftists" are furious he bought Twitter)?

You do realize that the city employs a lot of people, right? They're capable of doing more than one thing at a time. Maybe Musk should start paying attention. He's been stepping in a lot of shit lately because he simply isn't looking where he's going.

Even a homeowner getting work done on his house knows there are codes that must be followed. This dude set up bedrooms in a workplace without checking and he's surprised? He's angry? Hilarious.

When you're a censorious leftist fascist and an actual free speech advocate becomes your boss - that's when you need to update your resume.

It will be very difficult for some to quit.

Interesting, how the article doesn't mention any of the countries the employees might have to return to. Are those countries terrible places to live? Apparently, we'll never know.

Interesting, how the article doesn't mention any of the countries the employees might have to return to. Are those countries terrible places to live? Apparently, we'll never know.
I'm sure that necessity plays a role in the decision making processes of some people who completely uproot their lives to work in other countries long term.

I'm sure that necessity plays a role in the decision making processes of some people who completely uproot their lives to work in other countries long term.
If US companies can have call centers in foreign countries, why can't IT firms have code writers in foreign countries?

If US companies can have call centers in foreign countries, why can't IT firms have code writers in foreign countries?
The H1Bs who will be forced to sleep at work to satisfy Musk's "hardcore" work environment fantasy work in the US.

When you're a censorious leftist fascist and an actual free speech advocate becomes your boss - that's when you need to update your resume.

Musk isn't a free speech advocate as he banned anyone who made fun of him.
Also turning a workplace into a living space is a change of use for the building and would require new permits for that building which Musk hasn't bothered to get and lastly he's breaking several employment rules by doing this which would also require an investigation.

I would ask if you'd be happy with an employer who forced you to live at work and work nonestop but I have a feeling you would.

Back
Top Bottom