• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk’s firm Neuralink has the tech to build a real ‘Jurassic Park,’ co-founder says

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The co-founder of Elon Musk’s firm Neuralink says they have the technology to build a real-life version of “Jurassic Park.”

“We could probably build Jurassic Park if we wanted to,” Max Hodak tweeted Saturday. “Wouldn’t be genetically authentic dinosaurs but [shrugging emoji]. Maybe 15 years of breeding + engineering to get super exotic novel species.”

Hodak didn’t elaborate on how his neurotechnology company might be able to revive the long-extinct prehistoric beasts but he later championed the idea, claiming it could increase biodiversity.
================================================================
I don't think this sort of thing will be technically feasible in the near term.

Having seen the movie, I doubt that sufficient DNA has been recovered from Mesozoic creatures let alone dinosaurs to allow this to happen.

The closet we can get is a hybrid between a wooly mammoth and an elephant. I’m not sure there is anything alive today that could be used to do something similar with a dinosaur.

This also seems like a good time to share this important, short musical segment.

Back
Top Bottom