• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ellen's Support for Kevin Hart as Oscars Host Sparks Controversy

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ellen DeGeneres interview with Kevin Hart and support for him as Oscars host is sparking controversy — and backlash.

In the interview, DeGeneres revealed not only does her fellow comedian have her full support after he stepped down in the wake of controversy over his past homophobic tweets, but she is also actively campaigning to have him host this year’s Academy Awards.

“I called [The Academy], I said, ‘Kevin’s on, I have no idea if he wants to come back and host, but what are your thoughts?’ And they were like, ‘Oh my God, we want him to host. We feel like that maybe he misunderstood or it was handled wrong or maybe we said the wrong thing but we want him to host. Whatever we can do we would be thrilled. And he should host the Oscars,’” DeGeneres host told Hart.

https://people.com/movies/ellen-degeneres-support-of-kevin-hart-controversy/

As the world turns...All these over tweets. FYI, making gay jokes does not make you homophobic.

Honestly, why does anyone care about the Hollywood losers and their self-congratulatory masturbation sessions anyhow?

There's derp, and there are orders of magnitude. Sometimes they meet.

Ok, I missed the thing.

What did KH do, and why should I be outraged.

Keep in mind, I love Ellen and will likely agree with her after you explain it to me.

And no I don't want to google it.

I love her wife even more, oh Portia, why must you be gay...

Back
Top Bottom