• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren says Trump was ‘drooling’ over housing crash ..

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
“Donald Trump was drooling over the idea of a housing meltdown — because it meant he could buy up a bunch more property on the cheap,” the Massachusetts senator said in a speech Tuesday night, according to the Washington Post. “What kind of a man does that?"

Or woman, as it turns out.

Elizabeth Warren says Trump was ‘drooling’ over housing crash | Sanders aims to maximize platform impact | Republican chief optimistic on Senate - MarketWatch

Elizabeth Warren Bought Foreclosed Homes to Make a Quick Profit

Five months after purchasing Veo Vessels’ old home, Warren flipped the property, selling it for $115,000 more than she’d paid, according to Oklahoma County Property Assessor records.
... Records show Warren bought the house Hickman inherited from her mother, located at 200 N.W. 16th Street, in August 1993 and quickly obtained permits to do plumbing and electrical work, selling it five months later for a 383 percent gain.
... Warren held onto at least four other properties for longer periods, sometimes waiting a year before relinquishing ownership and, at other times, as long as seven years. Warren bought two homes after they’d fallen into foreclosure. And though she spent money fixing up the Hickman home before selling it, records suggest she sold others at a significant profit without making any meaningful upgrades.

elizabeth warren.jpg

| National Review

“Donald Trump was drooling over the idea of a housing meltdown — because it meant he could buy up a bunch more property on the cheap,” the Massachusetts senator said in a speech Tuesday night, according to the Washington Post. “What kind of a man does that?"

Elizabeth Warren says Trump was ‘drooling’ over housing crash | Sanders aims to maximize platform impact | Republican chief optimistic on Senate - MarketWatch

Five months after purchasing Veo Vessels’ old home, Warren flipped the property, selling it for $115,000 more than she’d paid, according to Oklahoma County Property Assessor records.
... Records show Warren bought the house Hickman inherited from her mother, located at 200 N.W. 16th Street, in August 1993 and quickly obtained permits to do plumbing and electrical work, selling it five months later for a 383 percent gain.
... Warren held onto at least four other properties for longer periods, sometimes waiting a year before relinquishing ownership and, at other times, as long as seven years. Warren bought two homes after they’d fallen into foreclosure. And though she spent money fixing up the Hickman home before selling it, records suggest she sold others at a significant profit without making any meaningful upgrades.

View attachment 67201849

| National Review

I would hope he was drooling over the prospect. He's not the one who created the situation, but good for him if he found a way to make money from it. He's a businessman. That's what he's supposed to do.

I would hope he was drooling over the prospect. He's not the one who created the situation, but good for him if he found a way to make money from it. He's a businessman. That's what he's supposed to do.

Except Trump is a moron and probably lost a ton in the housing crisis

“I think it’s a great time to start a mortgage company,” Trump told a CNBC interviewer in April 2006, adding that “the real estate market is going to be very strong for a long time to come.”

Crisis = Opportunity. If this is the only anti-Trump message you people have then start packing for the re-education camps.

Does anyone know if Trump did it? I suspect that he did not, because he had too much going on with hotels and golf courses, plus there was a lot of competition from scrappy REITS with a lot of money behind them. Given the low interest rates and other factors there has been money chasing investment opportunity significantly above inflation, and a whole lot of people decided that becoming modern day slum lords was the way to go. I dont think Trump ever did it. But ya, re what he said before the crash if he had said anything else it would have made him either a liar or an idiot.

Warren 0

Trump 1

View attachment 67201849

| National Review

Why anybody views this woman in a positive light is beyond me. She's so full of ****. I don't fault her for what she did, because my husband and I did the same thing. But unlike Warren, I'm not out criticizing Trump on national television and pretending to be this holier than thou, "I care SO much about the little people" hypocrite.

Trump deals in hundreds of millions of dollars in New York Skyscraper Real estate and mega golf courses. I doubt very seriously the housing crisis would have attracted his interest. Warren on the other hand... hmmm, well that's interesting.

Sorry, but that doesn't exactly fly. He certainly seems to be successful enough.

I don't like his politics, but you have to admit that he's standing everything on its head where politics-as-usual is concerned. Hillary probably thought that she'd be dealing with the usual Republican candidate -- one hand tied behind his back, easily cowed by accusations of a war on women, etc. -- but instead she's dealing with Trump who is swinging at her with both fists as hard as he can. It is she who has been cowed. She can't bring up the war on women or he'll hit her with Bill's infidelities and depredations on women, thousands of them. She has tried to bring up the subject of the greedy businessman and now she is being hit full bore with her $250,000 speaking fees and her status as a multi-millionaire. If that's being a moron, then, by God, we need more moronic people in the Republican party.

Why anybody views this woman in a positive light is beyond me. She's so full of ****. I don't fault her for what she did, because my husband and I did the same thing. But unlike Warren, I'm not out criticizing Trump on national television and pretending to be this holier than thou, "I care SO much about the little people" hypocrite.

Agreed.
I too would have done it on a larger scale if I had been in a position to.
In fact, everyone strives to do it for their own properties on a smaller scale.
Warren is a transparent phony, building a constituency, and it's working.
She's the next big thing.

On another matter ...
I must say it's kind of refreshing to read folks here who don't like Trump but actually have sensible reasons and not knee-jerk reactions.

LMAO. Yeah, this is a typical leftist tactic. Blame someone for making money while you do the same thing. I hope Trump latches onto this and rips her a new a-hole. I'm sure he will lol.

Can't wait for that one.

Well Trump's a businessman.

Him taking opportunity of a situation in oder to profit from it is something I'd expect from him, since he's a businessman and all.

I'd have to agree.

Lying to get into college claiming Native American heritage (wasn't that it?)
Uses the same to gain a buku faculty appointment teaching a single class (last I heard that was the case).
And claims to be the protector of the small guy, when it's exactly them she's exploiting.

Yeah, typical leftist lying here. More of the 'Do as I say, and not as I do' crap.

Well Trump's a businessman.

Him taking opportunity of a situation in oder to profit from it is something I'd expect from him, since he's a businessman and all.

What about Warren who used the same opportunity to buy and flip a series of foreclosed homes? At least Trump does real estate even better than Warren and he is also not hypocritical about his profit motives.

"BLASH" is a realty acronym that stands for "Buy Low And Sell High"
Needless to say, making a profit is the goal in any financial endeavor, where loss is also a strong probability.
I have been heavily involved in income property during the 80s and 90s, when I learned a lot.
Any landlord that doesn't drool over low entry prices, does not understand the game.
As for Elizabeth Warren, she doesn't understand ANY game that doesn't benefit Betty Warren.

Fauxcahontas should stop attacking Trump. She's gaining nothing from it except an increase in how stupid she looks.

"Trump took advantage of the Housing crash by buying properties cheap and selling them for a profit"
Yeah...shame on him for being a businessman and trying to make money. Shame! Shame!

Piss off, Fake Indian.

He probably made millions, because regardless of whatever you read on the media or some goobers blog, real estate and the stock market made a ton over the past few decades. the only people who lost their wealth or retirement in the stock market crash in '08 were the ones who sold.

Fauxcahontas should stop attacking Trump. She's gaining nothing from it except an increase in how stupid she looks.

Piss off, Fake Indian.

Bingo!

Ah, another thread for the kook left to ignore. :lol:

its no shock to me that the worlds worst financial advisor is unable to differentiate between flipping houses and celebrating people's misery. On second thought, its no shock to me that all conservatives fall for that false equivalency.

Back
Top Bottom