• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren launches exploratory committee ahead of likely 2020 presidential run

Nothing, but that won't stop the GOP from attacking anything about her. They fear her.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

What do they fear about her? Her unelectibility? :lol:

There will be a plethora (15-20) of early Democrat candidates.

Who will primary Trump? Any true moderate conservatives remaining out there? Probably John Kasich will run. He's light-years better than D. J. Trumpov.

Likeable governors who aren't allowed by law to run for a third term in their state if they still desire high office will run for senator & win like Rick Scott of
Florida. If Kasich ever ran again in Ohio he's lose badly so he's contemplating running for president. He'll probably get support from the postal workers as
always the first thing out of his mouth on the campaign trail was reminding everyone he was the son of a postman.

Please tell me when we can expect to achieve that left wing liberal utopia the left has been promising for decades? Amazing how that never happened with Obama in charge for 8 years especially the first two years with a Democratic Congress that was in power for the previous two years so he had a running start

No idea. This doesn't appear to be related to the topic.

While I'm certainly not opposed to a President Warren, I worry about how well she'll handle a mud fight with Trump. She's a policy nerd; her instincts for political fighting aren't so good. She made a true claim about her heritage, backed it up with DNA evidence and she still somehow managed to lose control of the narrative. That worries me.

I wish she were Canadian. You're lucky to have her.

We are in agreement. I wish she were Canadian as well. Let her destroy your financial system rather than ours.

She lacks authenticity. She totally betrayed her loyal base by declining to endorse Bernie Sanders.

The whole Bernie vs Hillary thing definitely shook things up. Although Bernie was her preferred candidate she wanted to ensure that it would be someone who would beat Trump. Obviously we all know how well the worked out in hindsight but I will give you that she is not clairvoyant.

We are in agreement. I wish she were Canadian as well. Let her destroy your financial system rather than ours.

No. What she will do is ensure that the people she represents get a fair shake in this world of unabashed corporatists. It's a rigged system as she says. Our problems are not as bad as in the US, but they are swinging that way.

The Native American thing is going to be a character issue for her. Of course, if she wins the general she will be running against Trump, who has orders of magnitude more character issues.

Hahahahahahha. After Trump???

Character assassination will begin shortly, not that there aren’t already gas stations along that road.

But that’s what happens when you stand up for consumers rather than big business.

Yup.. just like what happens everyday in politics.

The Native American thing is going to be a character issue for her. Of course, if she wins the general she will be running against Trump, who has orders of magnitude more character issues.

Don't underestimate how much the 'hysterical woman' card will be added to that however. Yes she played up her heritage - not exactly a lie - but more than that, she has her gender against her. When a Republican woman runs, she's 'strong'; when it's a Dem she's somehow 'shrill'.

Apparently a man with character issues is less hamstrung than a woman.

While I'm certainly not opposed to a President Warren, I worry about how well she'll handle a mud fight with Trump. She's a policy nerd; her instincts for political fighting aren't so good. She made a true claim about her heritage, backed it up with DNA evidence and she still somehow managed to lose control of the narrative. That worries me.

The spin machine is a convoluted force, that's for sure. She'll have her work cut out for her, for sure. Having said that, if you've seen some of her clips from the Senate you know that she is quite the pit bull. She can handle herself and do it quite well. Her biggest problem is not that she is formidable; it's that she is a formidable woman.

Don't underestimate how much the 'hysterical woman' card will be added to that however. Yes she played up her heritage - not exactly a lie - but more than that, she has her gender against her. When a Republican woman runs, she's 'strong'; when it's a Dem she's somehow 'shrill'.

Apparently a man with character issues is less hamstrung than a woman.

Bingo -- we have a winner here.

Trump is going to have a bunch of fun with this! Look out twitter.....

And what did the home town paper say?

Boston Globe pans Warren as ‘divisive figure’ ahead of potential 2020 run

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/420141-boston-globe-pans-potential-warren-as-a-divisive-figure-ahead-of-possible

The Boston Globe's editorial board on Thursday panned a potential presidential run by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), saying she would be a divisive figure when Democrats need to present a united front against President Trump.

The spin machine is a convoluted force, that's for sure. She'll have her work cut out for her, for sure. Having said that, if you've seen some of her clips from the Senate you know that she is quite the pit bull. She can handle herself and do it quite well. Her biggest problem is not that she is formidable; it's that she is a formidable woman.

Oh trust me, I know, misogyny will always be a gigantic factor for a female candidate. But she's just no damn good at handling mud fights. If she were trained heavily to manage Trump's trolling by emulating Andrew Gillum that would be better. Yeah, I know, Gillum lost, but how he controlled the narrative no matter how crazy it got was admirable.

In Warren’s case, the Native American controversy will not go away. It surfaced in 2012 when she first ran for the Senate. Last month, she tried to lay it to rest by releasing results of DNA testing that showed she had a bit of indigenous ancestry. A spokesmen for the Cherokee Nation criticized her for suggesting that a small amount of DNA gave her any claim to a connection.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2018/11/19/don-run-senator-warren-don-run/KDdVvYoZe9e3Def730Fu6L/story.html

Um...so she was right.

This would be my biggest reservation as well, especially if Trump somehow survives. I haven't heard her speak or debate enough to really know how she is. But she needs to be able to stick to a certain presentation the public admires while not getting flustered. These new age Republicans are masters of 3 grade antics and it somehow appeals to far too many people. Bernie was extremely good at being above the fray while knowing when to take the right jab then get back on policy.

This would be my biggest reservation as well, especially if Trump somehow survives. I haven't heard her speak or debate enough to really know how she is. But she needs to be able to stick to a certain presentation the public admires while not getting flustered. These new age Republicans are masters of 3 grade antics and it somehow appeals to far too many people. Bernie was extremely good at being above the fray while knowing when to take the right jab then get back on policy.

The Andrew Gillum technique of addressing the troll statement and then instantly pivoting to the issue that was important to him worked very well for him. If Warren could master that technique instead of allowing herself to be trolled then I would feel better about her.

You used the word RESERVATION.

The Andrew Gillum technique of addressing the troll statement and then instantly pivoting to the issue that was important to him worked very well for him. If Warren could master that technique instead of allowing herself to be trolled then I would feel better about her.

That sounds right. They should get plenty of practice in our communication overload society so we should know early in the primaries whether she likely has what it takes.

Lets see.

1) Female
2) Has a track record of protecting the average American.. unlike the GOP candidates who have a record ****ing the average American over.

Not saying she is great candidate, but compared to anyone on the GOP side (at the moment.. known or possible candidates), she will have much much easier time of getting the votes of independents.

It is rather scary to see just how far the Democratic Party has moved to the left. How anyone can support a party of Pelosi, Schumer, Warren,, Sheila Jackson Lee, Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters is beyond comprehension. There is no steps the left won't take to destroy this country and the principles upon which it was built.

The Democratic party has not moved to the left.. the GOP has moved so far to the right, that a "moderate" GOPer is now a leftwinger.

Back
Top Bottom