• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...
  • Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
  • Subcommittee on Economic Policy (Ranking Member)
  • Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
  • Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
  • Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
  • Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
  • Special Committee on Aging
  • United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
  • United States Senate Energy Subcommittee on Energy

All of which carries a fantastic amount of influence.

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

It’s hardly a secret that there’s been considerable speculation about whether Warren might be considered for the Democrats’ vice-presidential nomination, and Warren emphasized last night that she’s not lobbying for the job. But the entirety of the political world took note last night when Rachel asked Warren if she believes she’s capable of being president.
“I know you don’t want the job,” Rachel noted. “But do you know you would be capable of stepping into that job and doing that job if you were ever called to do it? Because – and I ask you because Ed Rendell, former DNC chairman, former Pennsylvania governor, said recently that you were no – not in any way, shape or form ready to be commander-in-chief. I want to know if you think you could be.”

Warren’s full answer was a three-word response: “Yes, I do.”

Elizabeth Warren is ready -- in more ways than one | MSNBC

On a completely separate note, wtf is that headline supposed to mean?

Whats worse than Hillary, Hillary and Warren.
Alright Trump, your turn, go ahead and pick the "pyramids were silos" guy.

It'll keep things equally abysmal.

Warren is awesome. I wish she ran for president. Pretty sure she'd be the nominee right now.

Whats worse than Hillary, Hillary and Warren.
Alright Trump, your turn, go ahead and pick the "pyramids were silos" guy.

It'll keep things equally abysmal.

What possible similarity does a young earth creationist share with Elizabeth Warren?

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

I fail to see anything that Warren, a proven liar, could add to the ticket that would help Hillary, a proven liar.

I very much agree.

I think the calculus for her to run would be in analyzing her perceived positive addition to the ticket, vs the possibility of her Senate seat changing parties. Ordinarily a MASS seat would be considered among the safest Dem seats in the country, with a near zero chance of a flip - but we see with Scot Brown that there are exceptions!

As a Bernie supporter I'd love to see her as Veep, but if the Senate flips she'd be an absolute powerhouse there too.

I'm also not sure of the politics of running an all women ticket for first women Pres, but I personally have no prob letting the girls have a run at it! It might be a nice change of pace!

She really seems to have no bad choices here, and if her speech last night is an indicator - she's ready to rumble!

I fail to see anything that Warren, a proven liar, could add to the ticket that would help Hillary, a proven liar.

If you think she's a liar then odds are the only ammunition you have is the American Indian thing, a dead position you can't defend. And if that is in fact your position, then you were so far gone to the polar right end of the political spectrum that a thousand blowjobs by the Swedish Bikini Team couldn't have convinced you to vote for her.

I very much agree.

I think the calculus for her to run would be in analyzing her perceived positive addition to the ticket, vs the possibility of her Senate seat changing parties. Ordinarily a MASS seat would be considered among the safest Dem seats in the country, with a near zero chance of a flip - but we see with Scot Brown that there are exceptions!

As a Bernie supporter I'd love to see her as Veep, but if the Senate flips she'd be an absolute powerhouse there too.

I'm also not sure of the politics of running an all women ticket for first women Pres, but I personally have no prob letting the girls have a run at it! It might be a nice change of pace!

She really seems to have no bad choices here, and if her speech last night is an indicator - she's ready to rumble!

Let's get ready to rumble!

Elizabeth Warren listed herself as a minority in order to receive special considerations at Harvard Law. She's, yet another, lying scumbag.

I find her to be nothing but a pretentious populist.
As facile as Trump, just with a lefter leaning.

Being a "populist," a highly generalized term that is not insidious in and of itself, is not in the same ballpark...is not on the same continent...as being a young earth creationist and saying half the crap that Carson said.

If you think she's a liar then odds are the only ammunition you have is the American Indian thing, a dead position you can't defend. And if that is in fact your position, then you were so far gone to the polar right end of the political spectrum that a thousand blowjobs by the Swedish Bikini Team couldn't have convinced you to vote for her.

It's the Indian thing. I haven't paid attention to anything she said since.

Elizabeth Warren listed herself as a minority in order to receive special considerations at Harvard Law. She's, yet another, lying scumbag.

See post #13.

It's the Indian thing. I haven't paid attention to anything she said since.

As I thought. Holding that position requires ignorance of the facts surrounding that as well as a die-hard partisan hackery that could withstand the shockwave of an exploding star.

Being a "populist," a highly generalized term that is not insidious in and of itself, is not in the same ballpark...is not on the same continent...as being a young earth creationist and saying half the crap that Carson said.

It's not even in the same universe.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
Populism, no matter it be Trump or Warren is equally turgid.

To compare Trump and Warren is ludicrous. Trump is an idiot, Warren is a substantive politician. You may not agree with her, but that doesn't diminish her intellect or competence for governing.

So, she didn't list herself as American Indian in order to gain advantage? of course she did. She's loathsome, the end.

Show me what you got.

They're both detestable in their content and there prose.
I think they're both unfit for any political office and should only serve as to what not to elect.

I'm not a fool, I was born during the day but it wasn't yesterday.

See post #13.

As I thought. Holding that position requires ignorance of the facts surrounding that as well as a die-hard partisan hackery that could withstand the shockwave of an exploding star.

So give us some facts to change our minds.

Warren wouldn't be a good pick. She is from the North East, and Hillary already has that part of the country locked-up. I warrant a minority from, say, Texas might be a better fit. It would be outstanding if Hillary won Texas.

Back
Top Bottom