• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren is ready – in more ways than one

I fail to see anything that Warren, a proven liar, could add to the ticket that would help Hillary, a proven liar.

Please cite any politician currently alive and/or holding office that isn't a proven liar.

Elizabeth Warren listed herself as a minority in order to receive special considerations at Harvard Law. She's, yet another, lying scumbag.

Imagine that! A politician lying for personal gain. Who would've thunk it?

She fits right in the party of corruption.

Warren wouldn't be a good pick. She is from the North East, and Hillary already has that part of the country locked-up. I warrant a minority from, say, Texas might be a better fit. It would be outstanding if Hillary won Texas.

I'm not interested in picking someone based on their geographic location, gender, race, ethnicity or religion. That is for the weak minded.

Please cite any politician currently alive and/or holding office that isn't a proven liar.

That's not my job, nor is it the subject of this thread.

Imagine that! A politician lying for personal gain. Who would've thunk it?

She fits right in the party of corruption.

She fits right in with the SYSTEM of corruption. But I take issue with her party passing these ludicrous 'Affirmative Action' style laws, and then using them for their own gain. It smacks of hypocrisy that I can not ignore.

Google is your friend.

She's a scumbag.

So you've got "google." Lulz. You aren't interested in informing yourself. You just heard something, decided it fit with the narrative of your political orientation and stuck with it. Pathetic.

I'm not interested in picking someone based on their gender, race, ethnicity or religion. That is for the weak minded.

Yet there are an awful lot of weak minded voters, and it actually would be nice if Hillary won Texas.

So you've got "google." Lulz. You aren't interested in informing yourself. You just heard something, decided it fit with the narrative of your political orientation and stuck with it. Pathetic.

Are you saying that Warren DID NOT claim to be American Indian while at Harvard Law?

To compare Trump and Warren is ludicrous. Trump is an idiot, Warren is a substantive politician. You may not agree with her, but that doesn't diminish her intellect or competence for governing.

Trump's idiocy is more easily recognizable.
Warren on the other hand is a bandwagoning, populist.

I didn't say she was unintellegent.

Are you saying that Warren DID NOT claim to be American Indian while at Harvard Law?

What do you think you know, Howler? Details! Links! Sources! Debate with something more than a couple buzzwords you picked up around the table with drunken relatives last Christmas.

Being a "populist," a highly generalized term that is not insidious in and of itself, is not in the same ballpark...is not on the same continent...as being a young earth creationist and saying half the crap that Carson said.

This is a woman that attacked a philosopher claiming he couldn't get elected to office using it as a basis for his positions. You know, because having a political philosophy makes you unelectable.

You actually believe in stuff? You sir are unelectable. :lamo

Trump's idiocy is more easily recognizable.
Warren on the other hand is a bandwagoning, populist.

I didn't say she was unintellegent.

Well, if she's a "populist" you can call me one. Because outside of Bernie, she's my favorite politician. They both are standing for what is right and are doing important work in preserving the American dream.

Well, if she's a "populist" you can call me one. Because outside of Bernie, she's my favorite politician. They both are standing for what is right and are doing important work in preserving the American dream.

Both Bernie and Warren pick "easy" platforms to run on.
Whether or not they actually work or are a functional reliable solution, doesn't matter.
The only difference between Bernie and Warren is, in my opinion, that Bernie believes it while Warren wants you to think she believes it.

Life, the economy, people are more complicated than "free college" or "get the banks."

Chatter is increasing regarding the possibility of Warren becoming Clinton's running mate, and Warren is doing little to dispel that notion. This surprises me. I have said multiple times now that Warren can do far more as Senator than as Vice President. So assuming that Clinton is elected, and assuming that Clinton isn't eventually forced to step down for some reason I can't possibly imagine at this time, what could Warren do as VP that she can't do much better, and for much longer, as Senator?

While it's true that she can be the tie breaker in a Senate Vote, as Senator she has sat on the...
  • Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
  • Subcommittee on Economic Policy (Ranking Member)
  • Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
  • Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
  • Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
  • Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
  • Special Committee on Aging
  • United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
  • United States Senate Energy Subcommittee on Energy

So she sat on a bunch of committees? Big whoop?

All of which carries a fantastic amount of influence.

You mean she has been around forever and is considered a senator senator? Again, big whoop.

The only practical consideration I can imagine is she feels that Trump is a legitimate threat and her addition to the ticket would help counter that possibility.

How exactly? She isn't exactly liked by anyone outside of the far left.

How exactly? She isn't exactly liked by anyone outside of the far left.

Corporations certainly seem to have an aversion to Warren, but they aren't people.

By the way, are you a corporation?

Corporations certainly seem to have an aversion to Warren, but they aren't people.

By the way, are you a corporation?

How is that even a good talking point? Oh, there is a this whole group of people that hate her, so she's cool. WTF?

Warren is awesome. I wish she ran for president. Pretty sure she'd be the nominee right now.

While I don't like her politics, you're right that she would have won. Sanders came in later to fill the role that she was supposed to fill. I wonder if she lost her chance at it now. If she took the VP position under Hillary then she'd lose a lot of her cred.

Back
Top Bottom