• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren apologized to Cherokee Nation over DNA test, tribe says

Please don't deny your .1% African roots. What are you, a racist?

Lol...I'll admit to being basically as black as Warren is Native American.

I think the story was that Warren is unusually devoid of Native American DNA, since a lot of comingling happened in the past between injuns and whites.

No, I think the real story is that she was passed down family history and she took it as truth.

You acknowledged yourself that your own grandmother is 1/4 Cherokee and without info to back it up.

So she checked a box many years ago . And? She is an intelligent, accomplished well spoken woman and has done a lot with herself.

I find it hysterical that THIS is what people are after. It strikes me funny that they go after this when she has years of public service to go after - they can go after substantive things...but this?

Yeah, but she's a mess as can be seen by her yo-yoing here. Plus, she comes across (to me) as not very likeable, with little personal charisma, and seemingly a bit "fake" at times.

If the Dems nominate her, be prepared to say "Welcome to your second term, Mr. President".

You mean you would not have a beer with her, Chomsky.
You mean you did not buy into that, " I am one of you " silly photo op?

If i ran for office, I would flat out say I enjoy sweet tea over beer.

No, I think the real story is that she was passed down family history and she took it as truth.

You acknowledged yourself that your own grandmother is 1/4 Cherokee and without info to back it up.

So she checked a box many years ago . And? She is an intelligent, accomplished well spoken woman and has done a lot with herself.

I find it hysterical that THIS is what people are after. It strikes me funny that they go after this when she has years of public service to go after - they can go after substantive things...but this?

I find myself agreeing with you on some front. I really dislike her politics, so I am definitely biased against her.

I find myself agreeing with you on some front. I really dislike her politics, so I am definitely biased against her.

Frankly, the fact that so many are going after the "Pochohantas" stuff makes them sound too intellectually unprepared to fight her on her political views. Put it this way, can you imagine Trump having an intelligent debate with Warren on public funding and finances with Trump? Mind you, his base would think he won the debate if all he said was "Pochantas says "what" in answer to every question.:lamo

Frankly, the fact that so many are going after the "Pochohantas" stuff makes them sound too intellectually unprepared to fight her on her political views. Put it this way, can you imagine Trump having an intelligent debate with Warren on public funding and finances with Trump? Mind you, his base would think he won the debate if all he said was "Pochantas says "what" in answer to every question.:lamo

Honestly I don't think she has any credibility left after the DNA testing fiasco, in which the Cherokee Nation denounced her. I don't have any doubt that Trump baited her into that stupid move, but it doesn't fix any of the damage.

.......or the beer video and other missteps. The only redeeming factor is her championing the consumer, that won’t get it done, imo.
Yeah, she's a dichotomy. Her policy in financial matters is pretty good, but I just don't see her prevailing in a Presidential race. She will be HRC-II.

Yeah, she's a dichotomy. Her policy in financial matters is pretty good, but I just don't see her prevailing in a Presidential race. She will be HRC-II.
Warren is indeed Clinton 2.0.

Out of touch and behind the times. She's got a huge likability problem, along with a track record of lying about her ancestry. Counting on her to defeat Trump would be insane.

Harris would drive Trump crazy because she doesn't have baggage, has most of the policies people want, and doesn't take him seriously

I think her political instinct are not very good. Seems like a nice person, really. And smart. But no, not POTUS material.
Exactly. Nice. Smart. Good policy. Heart in right place. But not POTUS material. Keep her in the Senate. She'll kick ass, if the Dems can flip it in 2020.

You mean you would not have a beer with her, Chomsky.
You mean you did not buy into that, " I am one of you " silly photo op?

If i ran for office, I would flat out say I enjoy sweet tea over beer.
I would indeed have a beer with her.

And just like Obama claimed of Hillary in one of his few debate faux pas, "she's (probably) likable enough" (IRL). She just doesn't come-off as a likable candidate.

Warren is indeed Clinton 2.0.

Out of touch and behind the times. She's got a huge likability problem, along with a track record of lying about her ancestry. Counting on her to defeat Trump would be insane.

Harris would drive Trump crazy because she doesn't have baggage, has most of the policies people want, and doesn't take him seriously
I'm tellin' ya', right now I really like Harris. Yeah, it's way, way, too early. But I do.

What would you think of Harris +,

1] Conner Lamb?
2] Doug Jones?
3] Sherrod Brown?

Yeah - I picked all moderate white-male yang, to go with her hard ethnic-female yang. ;)

I'm tellin' ya', right now I really like Harris. Yeah, it's way, way, too early. But I do.

1] Conner Lamb?
2] Doug Jones?
3] Sherrod Brown?

Yeah - I picked all moderate white-male yang, to go with her hard ethnic-female yang. ;)
Doug Jones impressed me by helping build the resistance in the Senate to not giving in to Republicans shutdown ransom, so he gained a ton of respect from me on that, considering he's a senator with every reason to cave.

Lamb is not ripe enough. But, I do think Brown would make a hell of a Majority leader in the Senate.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/elizabeth-warren-apology-to-cherokee-nation/index.html

Warren's explanation, her stories of a familial history and the DNA test, she added, only made things worse.
"All of those things aren't how indigenous people measure and determine Native identity," Nagle said. "It's how white people try to measure our identity -- by blood quantum or by percentages."

Warren was only following the white person's concept of race: Race is immutable - there is no choice in the matter. Race is genetic and can be proven with DNA. Warren is part Native as DNA has proven.

If she's part Indian, she IS part Indian per DNA. It is a scientific, immutable fact. If she is to apologize for that, she might as well apologize for having 2 eyes and 10 fingers.

Look how big a blazing fire her 'little lie' ignited. A perfect example of what horrible disastrous consequences the democrat lie about Trump/Russian collusion could have had if Trump had followed the advice of morons who wanted him to bomb Russia before patiently taking the sensible time to have the lies investigated first.

Last edited:
Not the actual statement that OM made.

I am trying to figure out where it says how much Native American blood most Americans have,

. The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/science/23andme-genetic-ethnicity-study.html

Warren is 1/1024 which is .09%. To put this in perspective, Do you remember the outrage over the white lady that claimed to be a black person and was the head of a NAACP branch? Rachel Dolezal likely has a better claim (both genetically and culturally) of being an African American than Warren and her claim of being a Native American.

Oh, please. Warren is apologizing because her gauzy, high-production dna-reveal, aka "Toldya so! I AM Indian!", which proved she has LESS Native American DNA than the average American, went over like a lead balloon and further insulted the people she has been claiming to be for decades.

Going forward with her Presidential bid could not happen until she apologized. This isn't about self awareness. It's about political expediency.

It was about as organic and genuine as her kitchen beer summit.

The real point of all this is how Trump lives in her head rent free. Ima gonna get me a beer.

1] Conner Lamb?
2] Doug Jones?
3] Sherrod Brown?

Not a single dem that announced has a shot at beating Trump. Your only hope is oprah.

What a hash this woman has made.

Pocahontas Warren got pretty rich off of selling homes that poor people got kicked out of.

That's right......The self styled defender of the little guy.

1] Conner Lamb?
2] Doug Jones?
3] Sherrod Brown?

Go for the total immersion package; Booker/Harris or Harris/Booker or bust! :thumbs: :mrgreen:

Imo, if she did feel the need to apologize and do so; that's a sign of strength. Something someone as unwise as our President will go to his grave without internalizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she is straight up an idiot

Trump made a monkey of her, she needs to go away now.

Yeah, but she's a mess as can be seen by her yo-yoing here. Plus, she comes across (to me) as not very likeable, with little personal charisma, and seemingly a bit "fake" at times.

If the Dems nominate her, be prepared to say "Welcome to your second term, Mr. President".

^^ This. Not a fan of her. She's just meh. We need somebody strong to break through the cult of Trump. She's not going to do it.

^^ This. Not a fan of her. She's just meh. We need somebody strong to break through the cult of Trump. She's not going to do it.

We are still dealing with the "cult" of Obama.

We not rid ourselves of his odor and then move on to Trump?

Oh, please. Warren is apologizing because her gauzy, high-production dna-reveal, aka "Toldya so! I AM Indian!", which proved she has LESS Native American DNA than the average American, went over like a lead balloon and further insulted the people she has been claiming to be for decades.

Going forward with her Presidential bid could not happen until she apologized. This isn't about self awareness. It's about political expediency.

It was about as organic and genuine as her kitchen beer summit.

And what the hell was that all about anyway? The whole thing felt badly staged, in an attempt to "identify with the common man." :roll:

Back
Top Bottom