• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren apologized to Cherokee Nation over DNA test, tribe says

It’s not your “position” I’m wondering about.

I'll support her if she's the nominee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than still means Native American DNA.

Apparently you missed the point. According to the DNA science she used, we're all Native Americans, only most of us more so than her; despite her "family stories".

OM

So......as I indicated in the other post.........she still possesses Native American DNA. Just what more needs to be said here?

That she's no more native than Donald Trump.

OM

The fact her DNA reflects she has less Native American DNA than the average American casts quite the dubious light on her family stories.

OM

I am curious, can you link me to your source for this information?

Apparently you missed the point. According to the DNA science she used, we're all Native Americans, only most of us more so than her; despite her "family stories".

OM

Im very concerned with this “cast” system of the most to the least aggrieved demographics being developed in the US by white liberals.

Ms. Warren is being castigated for not being Native American enough to qualify for a higher position on the victimology scale.

Doesn't every family have a fable or story, which might be true, or not, but everyone accepts, since it's been handed down? I apparently had an uncle who was a harpooner on a whaling ship, who stood in a coil of rope attached to the whale he'd just harpooned, who was never seen again after he was whipped over the side. Another cousin was an apprentice blacksmith, involved in creating a replica of a famous French wrought iron railing. According to family legend, the blacksmith was a drunkard and the apprentice did almost all the work. Who can say if these tales are rooted in fact? They're both familiar tropes, but did they actually happen? Even so what difference does it make?
Warren gained no advantage that I'm aware of from offering a service based on her family history as she knew it. The fact that she has any native DNA at all suggests there's some basis for the family story. I really don't see what the fuss is about. (apart from using anything to denigrate the opposition at all costs!)

Yeah, I remember it as something between 1/64 and something stupidly high like 1/1000.

On the other hand, when I did my DNA....I just got whiter.:lamo

Is Pinocchiohantas really the best the Dems have to offer in 2020?

Yeah, but if she knew what she was doing she wouldn't be in this mess. Which is why I see her as a poor choice for nomination.

I think her political instinct are not very good. Seems like a nice person, really. And smart. But no, not POTUS material.

This is awesome! There's not a single dumocrat entering this race without having to apologize for something. Enjoy!

Can you show me in the article where OM statement is backed up?

Can't you just google that for yourself. It is well known and apologized for by Warren.

Can't you just google that for yourself. It is well known and apologized for by Warren.

Not the actual statement that OM made.

I am trying to figure out where it says how much Native American blood most Americans have,

Not the actual statement that OM made.

I am trying to figure out where it says how much Native American blood most Americans have,

Hell my own grandmother was supposedly 1/4 Cherokee or something. That would surely make me way more injun that Warren.

Hell my own grandmother was supposedly 1/4 Cherokee or something. That would surely make me way more injun that Warren.

So that is your family lore. Has she been DNA checked?

Do you actually acknowledge that we do not know how much NA blood "most Americans" have?

Do you actually acknowledge that we do not know how much NA blood "most Americans" have?

I think the story was that Warren is unusually devoid of Native American DNA, since a lot of comingling happened in the past between injuns and whites.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/elizabeth-warren-apology-to-cherokee-nation/index.html

Warren's explanation, her stories of a familial history and the DNA test, she added, only made things worse.
"All of those things aren't how indigenous people measure and determine Native identity," Nagle said. "It's how white people try to measure our identity -- by blood quantum or by percentages."

Warren was only following the white person's concept of race: Race is immutable - there is no choice in the matter. Race is genetic and can be proven with DNA. Warren is part Native as DNA has proven.

If she's part Indian, she IS part Indian per DNA. It is a scientific, immutable fact. If she is to apologize for that, she might as well apologize for having 2 eyes and 10 fingers.

According to my DNA test I'm .1% African but it would be utterly stupid for me to claim to be African American or black because I'm...wait for it...super white.

I will acknowledge that I don't really care how much NA DNA most Americans have. Ask Warren, she is the one that made an issue of it. And used it as a minority status to advance her career in academia.

According to my DNA test I'm .1% African but it would be utterly stupid for me to claim to be African American or black because I'm...wait for it...super white.

Please don't deny your .1% African roots. What are you, a racist?

Back
Top Bottom