• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eliot Spitzer hired by CNN

harrytruman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sex scandal? What scandal? Spitzer has been hired by CNN, along with conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, to co-host a "point-counterpoint" roundtable program in the 8:00 pm hour.
Here's an article/commentary from a news site in Buffalo, NY. The author makes it clear what he thinks of the hire.
SkunkPost.com || This is CNN. This is Eliot Spitzer. This is nuts

Please let the first subject be infidelity

If CNN doesn't work out, there's always the Playboy Channel

Makes sense - where are there more whores than in the media?

Sex scandal? What scandal? Spitzer has been hired by CNN, along with conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, to co-host a "point-counterpoint" roundtable program in the 8:00 pm hour.
Here's an article/commentary from a news site in Buffalo, NY. The author makes it clear what he thinks of the hire.
SkunkPost.com || This is CNN. This is Eliot Spitzer. This is nuts

This is the station that fired Lou Dobbs because it said it did not slanted hosts on their network. I guess they meant not slanted in Obama's direction.

This is the station that fired Lou Dobbs because it said it did not slanted hosts on their network. I guess they meant not slanted in Obama's direction.

They hired two people of opposing views for a point counterpoint show to show both sides of an issue and your complaint is that they hired a liberal for the liberal part of the show?

Lou Dobbs was hitting Glenn Beck territory towards the end. A news channel can't have that kind of crap if they really want to be a news station and un-biased.

They hired two people of opposing views for a point counterpoint show to show both sides of an issue and your complaint is that they hired a liberal for the liberal part of the show?

Lou Dobbs was hitting Glenn Beck territory towards the end. A news channel can't have that kind of crap if they really want to be a news station and un-biased.

First, Dobbs was a one issue rant to the best of my knowledge. Seems unfair to bunch him with Beck.

Next, you take the ex-governor of the second largest state and pit him against whom??? Seems a bit lopsided to me. But the other person may have some sunstance, we will see.

First, Dobbs was a one issue rant to the best of my knowledge. Seems unfair to bunch him with Beck.

Next, you take the ex-governor of the second largest state and pit him against whom??? Seems a bit lopsided to me. But the other person may have some sunstance, we will see.

IDK, him being governor doesn't have anything to do with how well he'll argue his case on a TV show. Seems like a columnist could possible even have the edge on something like this.

My entire point was that it's unfair to bash them for being biased because they're putting on a show where two people argue from either side of the isle.

IDK, him being governor doesn't have anything to do with how well he'll argue his case on a TV show. Seems like a columnist could possible even have the edge on something like this.

My entire point was that it's unfair to bash them for being biased because they're putting on a show where two people argue from either side of the isle.

I would agree if it is a fait debate. I guess we will find out.

Dobb's from when I was watching him 2 years ago had two or three main issues

Illegal immigration
Trade with China
The North American Union

Perhaps they should have Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) as their first guest. :mrgreen:

Or perhaps President Clinton and Vice President Al Gore.

Or perhaps President Clinton and Vice President Al Gore.
Perhaps. But if you want to compare, Spitzer and Vitter did exactly the same thing.

I have this crazy notion that people on all sides of the isle have affairs and buy hookers sometimes.

Crazy, right?

I have this crazy notion that people on all sides of the isle have affairs and buy hookers sometimes.

Crazy, right?

Right, so why not point out somone on both sides rather than just one?

Right, so why not point out somone on both sides rather than just one?
Do the Democrats run as the party of family values, or is that the Republicans? :mrgreen: Also the Republicans threw Larry Craig under the bus, but embraced David Vitter. Why was that?

Do the Democrats run as the party of family values, or is that the Republicans? :mrgreen: Also the Republicans threw Larry Craig under the bus, but embraced David Vitter. Why was that?

Oh, right, I forgot. Infidelity is only illegal for Republicans. I forgot that Democrats don't stick to their oaths.

Oh, right, I forgot. Infidelity is only illegal for Republicans. I forgot that Democrats don't stick to their oaths.
Huh? Infidelity is not illegal for anyone and is not restricted to one party. My point was simply that the Republicans advertise themselves as the party of "family values" and the Democrats don't.

Back
Top Bottom