• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eliminate mail in voting?

vegas giants

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If mail in voting leads to voter fraud should we eliminate it for the military?

If you're a Republican the answer is simple - does the group tend to vote Republican? If yes, they should be allowed to vote by mail. If not, then **** them, they have to go to the polls.

After all, what good does closing a bunch of polling stations in urban, democratic-leaning areas do if those people can avoid the long lines those closures created on purpose, and vote by mail?

If you're a Republican the answer is simple - does the group tend to vote Republican? If yes, they should be allowed to vote by mail. If not, then **** them, they have to go to the polls.

After all, what good does closing a bunch of polling stations in urban, democratic-leaning areas do if those people can avoid the long lines those closures created on purpose, and vote by mail?

Not having mail in voting during a pandemic is criminal

When I was stationed at Fort Hood we went to a designated polling place outside of post to cast out ballot in person. We told them what state we are a residence of and they handed us a ballot. Why aren't they still doing that now if they aren't anymore?

When I was stationed at Fort Hood we went to a designated polling place outside of post to cast out ballot in person. We told them what state we are a residence of and they handed us a ballot. Why aren't they still doing that now if they aren't anymore?

How do you do that in germany or Afghanistan?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the voter suppression.

lol

How do you do that in germany or Afghanistan?

Why not set up designated polling places on those bases if they are not already doing that that?

Why not set up designated polling places on those bases if they are not already doing that that?

The votes still.have to be mailed in. It has never ever been done that way before

The votes still.have to be mailed in.

True but in person voting is still being done.

It has never ever been done that way before

I am pretty sure those who voted are designated polling places outside of military bases in the US have to be mailed in.So yes it has been done before.

True but in person voting is still being done.

I am pretty sure those who voted are designated polling places outside of military bases in the US have to be mailed in.So yes it has been done before.

But not overseas. Not ever in the history of this country

The ignorance displayed in your post is breathtaking. Kudos.

But not overseas.

And you know this how?
Not ever in the history of this country

Its happened stateside. It can happen overseas too. A designated polling place can be set up for military members on those bases or a facility can be rented by the government outside those bases if there is a who cluster of bases near each other.

Don't play into Trump's hands. Go to the polls this November. Wear a mask, goggles, gloves etc. to protect yourself but vote, and vote in person if absolutely possible.

Most Trump supporters have jobs and have to take off work to vote. They do hitch work, or travel to work, or are otherwise away from their voting precincts on election day. Be careful what you ask for.

My prediction: if Trump wins, the Leftists will blame the mail in voting. But, no matter what, the Leftists are going to cry "foul" if Trump wins.

I think the Leftists are hoping for a ballot cluster****, just in case Trump wins.

The left is conflating absentee voting where a voter requests a ballot recieves one, fills it out and returns it with registered voters getting one in the mail unsolicited. Military ballots were a contentious issue during Bush v Gore. The Clinton administration made it difficult for deployed soldiers to vote in a timely way and Gore fought tooth and nail not to count them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Most Trump supporters have jobs and have to take off work to vote. They do hitch work, or travel to work, or are otherwise away from their voting precincts on election day. Be careful what you ask for.

My prediction: if Trump wins, the Leftists will blame the mail in voting. But, no matter what, the Leftists are going to cry "foul" if Trump wins.

I think the Leftists are hoping for a ballot cluster****, just in case Trump wins.

Well, they used to have jobs.. [emoji2957]

We barely have enough people willing to man the mandated polling places. And I dont know about everyone else's area, but most of those people manning ours are over 50, probably older than retirement age, which would put them in the higher risk category for this and put them in greater danger for every extra person who votes in person rather than mailing it in. Especially considering the resistance to masks.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

The left is conflating absentee voting where a voter requests a ballot recieves one, fills it out and returns it with registered voters getting one in the mail unsolicited. Military ballots were a contentious issue during Bush v Gore. The Clinton administration made it difficult for deployed soldiers to vote in a timely way and Gore fought tooth and nail not to count them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

So should we eliminate mail in voting for the military?

And you know this how?

Its happened stateside. It can happen overseas too. A designated polling place can be set up for military members on those bases or a facility can be rented by the government outside those bases if there is a who cluster of bases near each other.

But it has never been done. Now suddenly you want it done during a pandemic. Why?

And you know this how?

Carriers, ships mail in. Are you going to force them to pull in somewhere to vote?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

the orange precious votes by mail, as does Palpatine.

Yup, and for everybody else who uses it, like the 65-and-older demographic.

Back
Top Bottom