• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elementary School Teachers to Wear BLM Shirts to Class

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Teachers at a Seattle elementary school plan to wear Black Lives Matter t-shirts to class this week to oppose "systemic oppression."A Seattle Public School district spokesperson says SPS supports what teachers are doing at John Muir Elementary, a K – 5th grade school.
Teacher Jennifer Whitney came up with the idea to make shirts that read: "Black Lives Matter, We Stand Together" with the school's name included, according to KING 5.
Whitney said she wanted to start a discussion about race, particularly why people of color have higher incarceration rates and lower college graduation rates.
Elementary School Teachers to Wear BLM Shirts to Class | Fox News Insider

Here's a hint kiddo's, "particularly why people of color have higher incarceration rates and lower college graduation rates" It has nothing to do with systemic oppression.

Elementary School Teachers to Wear BLM Shirts to Class | Fox News Insider

Here's a hint kiddo's, "particularly why people of color have higher incarceration rates and lower college graduation rates" It has nothing to do with systemic oppression.

Actually, yes it does. Quite often, you will have two people , both first time offenders, one white, one black, with the same exact charges, and the white person will get probatio, or just 3 or 4 monts, and the black person will get jail time, and instead of 3 or 4 months, get 15 years.

On average, jail time for blacks for the same crime, same circumstances is 20% Wide Racial Divide in Sentencing - WSJ

Hopefully those teachers inform those little kiddos on the importance of black weaves. We need those.

#BlackWeavesMatter

I think we should leave politically divisive issues out of elementary schools.
These kids aren't old enough to weigh evidence and logically think about these things.

These kids aren't old enough to weigh evidence and logically think about these things.

But they are old enough to understand the importance of weave, goshdarnit!

Well then please explain why when you have a black person and white person that have committed the same crime, both with the same amount of convictions (or lack of convictions) the black person typically receives a more harsh sentence?

So what we have here are ignorant teachers who tying BLM to incarceration rates, instead of the supposed reason for BLM.

BLM is kind of an all-encompassing movement now. It just grabs other issues and puts it their movement.

:roll: Secondly why are they allowed to wear this in school? And why is the school name on it?

Maybe because it's allowed by the school?

Last edited:
BLM is kind of an all-encompassing movement now. It just grabs other issues and puts it their movement.

Probably because it's allowed by the school? :shrug:
But American flags are offensive.

Requires a sign-in to read, but one possibility off the top of my head is more arrests. Note "arrests", not convictions. Better character references on average can be another factor.

Furthermore, 20% isn't that large of a difference unless one knows the standard deviation for the range of sentences. That could be well within a standard deviation, indicating that it's essentially noise.

Well then please explain why when you have a black person and white person that have committed the same crime, both with the same amount of convictions (or lack of convictions) the black person typically receives a more harsh sentence?

Same type of thing as why women earn less on average or you are treated better wearing better clothing.

I really think that divisive things should be discussed, if they are in the public eye. Hiding reality from kids doesn't work well. I don't think they should be presented with a bias like here, however, but impartially.

their lawyers?

I'm gonna get a t-shirt that says "F**k White People." Same thing, no?

Ironic that the same school teachers who wear BLM shirts are the same teachers that fail to teach inner-city kids, so that those kids grow up to be street trash thugs who end up incarcerated.

Actually, yes it does. Quite often, you will have two people , both first time offenders, one white, one black, with the same exact charges, and the white person will get probatio, or just 3 or 4 monts, and the black person will get jail time, and instead of 3 or 4 months, get 15 years.

On average, jail time for blacks for the same crime, same circumstances is 20% Wide Racial Divide in Sentencing - WSJ

Hm.

(clicks through calculator)

Hm. Hey, I'm getting a weird result where 120% of 4 months is nowhere close to 15 years. Am I doing this math wrong?

You don't solve problems or build support for solving them by hyperbolically exaggerating them.

I'm gonna get a t-shirt that says "F**k White People." Same thing, no?

Ironic that the same school teachers who wear BLM shirts are the same teachers that fail to teach inner-city kids, so that those kids grow up to be street trash thugs who end up incarcerated.

They should be teaching the kids to "Just say no" to the Thug culture, instead of blaming whitey for the consequences of their own actions.

Back
Top Bottom