• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elementary School Clerk Says She Convinced Gunman to Put His Weapons Down

Hypersonic

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Elementary School Clerk Says She Convinced Gunman to Put His Weapons Down and Surrender

Excuse me for sounding like this is 'race baiting' but when is the public going to realize that these types of incidents are unfortunately common in urban communities. I don't mean necessarily gun shootings but gun violence, and the lack of national attention when it comes to violence where a densely minority population exists. It seems we as a nation are prepared to discuss shootings when it involves children who belong to the "majority class" yet when things like this happen I'm sure the conservative talk show hosts like O'Rielly will overlook this potential tragedy.

See the following:

"[I saw] a young man ready to kill anybody that he could and take any lives he wanted to," Tuff said.

The lone suspect entered Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy in Decatur, Ga., this afternoon carrying an AK-47 assault rifle and other weapons, said Chief Cedric Alexander of the Dekalb Police.

Police identified the suspect as Michael Brandon Hill, 20, and said he will face charges including aggravated assault on a police officer, terroristic threats and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon."

See Reference: Elementary School Clerk Says She Convinced Gunman to Put His Weapons Down and Surrender: Exclusive

As a gun owner I say with prejudice that this isn't legal gun owners' fault, nor the NRA nor the public at large that are responsible gun owners. It's the pervasive problem of guns getting in the hands of felons and our inability to curb it. But what upsets me is the lack of coverage that this receives.

As a gun owner I say with prejudice that this isn't legal gun owners' fault, nor the NRA nor the public at large that are responsible gun owners. It's the pervasive problem of guns getting in the hands of felons and our inability to curb it. But what upsets me is the lack of coverage that this receives.

How many mass shootings have been caused by people with felony records?

How many mass shootings have been caused by people with felony records?

Quite a few from what I know...Since the 90's when the gang shootings were at a high there were many school shootings.

Back
Top Bottom