• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Electronic Cigarettes aka 'Vaping'

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I couldn't find a recent thread (at least one that's active) so I thought I'd start a new one.

I'm 43 and I started smoking when I was 16. I've quit off and on over the years but I swear that I'm finally done with them. Approx. 2 years ago, I quit for 5 straight months by switching to an e-cig. And of course after being forced to go outside to use my e-cig with the smokers (stupid employer), I picked up the bad habit once again. I made it a goal to quit in June. I initially went with the patch and was smoke free for 11 days. The mental urge to smoke kept getting worse and worse and worse. So I ended up buying a pack of cigarettes and after having a couple (they tasted really, really bad BTW), I said that I refuse to start doing this again. So I pulled out my eVic out of my kitchen "junk" drawer and used some "juice" I had left over from some time ago. I've now gone more than a month and I'm much happier. I can breathe easier, food tastes so much better (and saltier and I was a salt-a-holic) and I'm saving money.

Anyway, I rotate between three different flavors of juice - Dragon's Apple, Dragon's Blood and Dragon's Tear. I usually get my juice online (EC Blends) and I re-ordered a big bottle of Dragon's Tear as I was running low (this is my favorite). I ended up ordering 16 other types of juice in hopes of finding something new that I may enjoy from time to time.

Is anyone else "vaping" and what are your favorite flavors?

As a side note, the last girl I was dating was diagnosed with COPD two weeks ago. All the more reason for me to have quit and not start back up!

I couldn't find a recent thread (at least one that's active) so I thought I'd start a new one.

I'm 43 and I started smoking when I was 16. I've quit off and on over the years but I swear that I'm finally done with them. Approx. 2 years ago, I quit for 5 straight months by switching to an e-cig. And of course after being forced to go outside to use my e-cig with the smokers (stupid employer), I picked up the bad habit once again. I made it a goal to quit in June. I initially went with the patch and was smoke free for 11 days. The mental urge to smoke kept getting worse and worse and worse. So I ended up buying a pack of cigarettes and after having a couple (they tasted really, really bad BTW), I said that I refuse to start doing this again. So I pulled out my eVic out of my kitchen "junk" drawer and used some "juice" I had left over from some time ago. I've now gone more than a month and I'm much happier. I can breathe easier, food tastes so much better (and saltier and I was a salt-a-holic) and I'm saving money.

Anyway, I rotate between three different flavors of juice - Dragon's Apple, Dragon's Blood and Dragon's Tear. I usually get my juice online (EC Blends) and I re-ordered a big bottle of Dragon's Tear as I was running low (this is my favorite). I ended up ordering 16 other types of juice in hopes of finding something new that I may enjoy from time to time.

As a side note, the last girl I was dating was diagnosed with COPD two weeks ago. All the more reason for me to have quit and not start back up!

Good on ya for sticking to quitting and good luck in staying with it. :)

I can tell you from experience that COPD is no joke. I started smoking at 14 (both my parents smoked) and was diagnosed with it 17 years ago. Now I sleep with an oxygen machine, and carry emergency inhalers everywhere I go. I don't know much about "vaping", but as far as I'm concerned, anything anyone does to get off of tobacco products is worth it. After I was diagnosed (following a trip to the ER where I seriously almost died), both my husband and I had to quit cold turkey... with the help of Nicorette gum. Yeah. Nearly 20 years later we're both still hooked on the damned gum, so if you can get off tobacco without using a substitute I urge you to do it, but if you can't, the gum won't kill you; tobacco will.

Whatever keeps you off cigs, you have my support. Anything and everything. I've heard some of the vape products are dangerous, so once you have rid yourself of inhaled nicotine, of course study what you are using to help you. The most important thing is to do whatever it takes to ween yourself off of cigarettes. Seriously, I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. And it will kill me eventually, because there is no cure. It has left me with a quality of life that nobody, and I mean nobody, would want.

I don't mean to derail your thread. I just want to encourage you to do anything and everything that helps you commit to a final break from tobacco products, even if you must find a substitute like gum or vaping that helps you through the pain. I applaud your efforts. Just know that what you are doing now will reap benefits for you, your children and your grandchildren in the future. You are in my thoughts.

Red, I commend your effort to stop, good luck to you! It's an important health step in your life.

i do not vap,it does nothing for me,i can smoke cigarettes,smoke cigars,i will even smoke a tobacco pipe(women love the smell of captain black pipe tobacco)heck i will dip copenhagen.

but i have seen many who vap and quit cigarettes then switch down their nicotine levels until it hits zero and quit vaping as well,and i have seen others like me who it does nothing for.but if you managed to qut for 5 straight months,it clearly works for you,i would suggest going from standard nicotine to light nicotine,then from light to ultra light,then to nicotine free. from that point it just becomes a trivial matter.

Just as an FYI, you can walk into any vap store and tryout the flavors rather than buying them online to test out what you like :)

Just as an FYI, you can walk into any vap store and tryout the flavors rather than buying them online to test out what you like :)

Yes I know, it's how I got started vaping. A friend of mine started the first store of it's kind where I used to live. But I've found that it's a lot cheaper to buy online and he doesn't have near the flavor choices that EC Blends has.

Ah...ok. Vaping helped me quit for almost a year, but I started back up for a stupid reason. I'm thinking about starting vaping again. Cigarettes are nasty when u get down to it.

Ah...ok. Vaping helped me quit for almost a year, but I started back up for a stupid reason. I'm thinking about starting vaping again. Cigarettes are nasty when u get down to it.

i think i said it in an earlier post(scrolling up is too much work!!!!) if you managed to quit before and vaping works for you,go for it.smoking never affected my run times,never made me broke,but i always think well even if i gotz the cash that is even more in my wallet,and women may flock to me more if i didnt smell like an ashtray.

i smoke,and some people walk by me i want to vomnit because how bad they smell from it.

Is vaping the same thing as e-cigs? Do they have nicotine, the vaping things? Is it like a cigarette? I've never heard of vaping.

Congratulations on quitting. I quit years ago, and I was hard core. It helped to switch to nicorette.

Is vaping the same thing as e-cigs? Do they have nicotine, the vaping things? Is it like a cigarette? I've never heard of vaping.

Congratulations on quitting. I quit years ago, and I was hard core. It helped to switch to nicorette.

Vaping is the same as smoking an e-cig. E-cigs come in many different "forms". They range anywhere from the 'Blu' e-cigs that look more like cigarettes to a box that looks more like a pack of cigarettes. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Personally, I'm using the eVic by Joyetech, which is an older "mod" with a Kanger Protank II "tank". The "mods" and subsequent "tanks" allow you to use whatever "juice" you want to use in them. There are literally thousands of various flavor combinations out there with or without nicotine. They range from 6 mg of Nicotine (equivalent to an "ultra light" cigarette) up to 24 mg nicotine (equivalent to a filterless cigarette). I personally am using 12 mg nicotine (equivalent to a "light" cigarette) and plan on working my way down to 9, then 6, then 3, then 0 and quitting. I was smoking Marlboro Lights when I quit.

The newest e-cigs are pretty high tech to be quite honest. Some of the "mods" cost upwards of $300, which doesn't even include a "tank" (which is where the "juice" is stored as well as the atomizer (the component that heats the "juice" to the point of a vapor which can be inhaled). The industry has come a very long way in a few short years. Half of the people I work with that used to be smokers are now "vaping" instead. The other half are still smoking.

Yes, it's the same as e-cigs. You can buy flavored bottles of liquid that either have different levels of nicotine, or no nicotine at all.

Vaping is the same as smoking an e-cig. E-cigs come in many different "forms". They range anywhere from the 'Blu' e-cigs that look more like cigarettes to a box that looks more like a pack of cigarettes. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Personally, I'm using the eVic by Joyetech, which is an older "mod" with a Kanger Protank II "tank". The "mods" and subsequent "tanks" allow you to use whatever "juice" you want to use in them. There are literally thousands of various flavor combinations out there with or without nicotine. They range from 6 mg of Nicotine (equivalent to an "ultra light" cigarette) up to 24 mg nicotine (equivalent to a filterless cigarette). I personally am using 12 mg nicotine (equivalent to a "light" cigarette) and plan on working my way down to 9, then 6, then 3, then 0 and quitting. I was smoking Marlboro Lights when I quit.

The newest e-cigs are pretty high tech to be quite honest. Some of the "mods" cost upwards of $300, which doesn't even include a "tank" (which is where the "juice" is stored as well as the atomizer (the component that heats the "juice" to the point of a vapor which can be inhaled). The industry has come a very long way in a few short years. Half of the people I work with that used to be smokers are now "vaping" instead. The other half are still smoking.

Thanks. Very interesting. Sounds like a good alternative for smokers trying to quit. But sounds expensive. As long as it's safe, though, it'd be worth it. (which is to say...not harmful to lungs, I guess?)

Way to go RedAkston! Me and my wife started vaping last October. I have an IPV Mini with a Atlantis tank and a Cool Fire IV with an iSub G tank. My wife has an SX Mini and a Cool Fire IV both with iSub G tanks. If you want a good way to try out juices without having to go to a store I suggest trying Craft Vapery. You build a flavor profile and they send you new juices once a month as a subscription. You can also try VapeBox which costs a little more but you also get hardware along with juice.

We went on a bit of a spending spree and bought a few of those expensive devices. My wife has a Brass Hana B4s and a Caduceus mod. She is waiting on a Moonglow mod, an Amber mod, and a Unicorn mod. All of which are currently being made.

If you ever need recommendations or want to know additional places to shop online then send me a message. Best of luck and stick with it!

congrats on kicking the habit. i hope that your method works well for you.

Thanks. Very interesting. Sounds like a good alternative for smokers trying to quit. But sounds expensive. As long as it's safe, though, it'd be worth it. (which is to say...not harmful to lungs, I guess?)

The biggest expense is buying the initial hardware for vaping. After that your maintenance costs are new coils for your tanks and juice. We used to spend about $350/month on cigs. Now we spend about $120 on coils/juice (not counting the additional splurges on subscriptions and hardware).

I've smoked on and off since I was sixteen-- I never really get "hooked" but I never really quit for good, either.

Started vaping last year when a friend started-- he was quitting smoking-- and I've been doing it ever since. I like it better than smoking; I like the flavors, and I like the higher nicotine content. (I vape 36 mg.) Unfortunately, since I'm still without income I have to rely on other people to subsidize my habit, which means I effectively "quit" for a few days at least every couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom