• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Electrocuted for Being a Jehovah's Witness (BBC News Report)...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Only through Jehovah's strength...

"However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

“For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but one of power and of love and of soundness of mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

Electrocuted for being Jehovah's Witnesses? I don't do the whole "here watch this video thing", but...

...well, if it's supposed to be a contest, there is another religion the world has periodically attempted to exterminate and erase for several thousand years, so . . .

Electrocuted for being Jehovah's Witnesses? I don't do the whole "here watch this video thing", but...

...well, if it's supposed to be a contest, there is another religion the world has periodically attempted to exterminate and erase for several thousand years, so . . .

Who said it was a contest?

Why can't we just empathize with people?

No one should be treated like this, I don't care what they believe...

"However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

“For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but one of power and of love and of soundness of mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

What’s your point?

What is the “discussion“ regarding your OP supposed to be about?

Ah, come one. You know you've thought about it, when they show up at the door at 9:am on a saturday and ask if you've "heard the good news"?

I know I have.

Ah, come one. You know you've thought about it, when they show up at the door at 9:am on a saturday and ask if you've "heard the good news"?

I know I have.
Does that justify torture?

Ow terrible. Religion makes good people turn into bad people and do horrible things.

I know I have.
We got a letter. My wife who is Catholic was not happy, just more junk mail for recycling to me. It did start off "have you heard the good news" LOL!

Don't hold your breath...

Before I started school, the only black people i had ever met were Jehovas Witnesses who came by a couple of times a year. We usually hid from them, but at least a couple of times it was an older lady who my mom felt bad for ignoring and she'd come in and talk for a while.

I'm agnostic, so it didn't take, but i'm not racist like most of the people i grew up with. So maybe those early impressions help vaccinate me against the racism virus my cousins caught.

Still waiting on an idea of what this thread is supposed to be about.

Definitely not holding breath.
Not exactly what I was expecting but it looks like it's turned out to be, "Exposing the heartless"...

I don’t see that anywhere in here OP.
The video. Odd that JW would be tortured for their religion but not for exposing/talking about it. But whatever.

I know I have.

I will not make comments about electrifying doorbells because that might be interpreted as a threat of violence, which it really is not. I would never electrify my doorbell. Unless there was an invasion of zombies who like doorbells, I guess.

Who said it was a contest?

Why can't we just empathize with people?

Oh, no contest. If a poster would like to explain what they're arguing, I'll read it. If it's just "here's a video. Watch it", I tend to riff on it or say nothing. 🤷

I will not make comments about electrifying doorbells because that might be interpreted as a threat of violence, which it really is not. I would never electrify my doorbell. Unless there was an invasion of zombies who like doorbells, I guess.
I read that low wattage electrical shocks are actually healthy

Electrocution is death by electricity. Anyone saying "I was electrocuted" was mis-translated.

The US would look so good taking religious asylum-seekers from Russia. Even if they are JW's.

Back
Top Bottom