• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Electric air taxis to make their debut in Brazil’s most congested city

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A Dublin-based company is promising zero-emission journeys across traffic-choked São Paulo, Latin America’s biggest city

The skies over Latin America’s largest city are set to witness a futuristic aerospace revolution after the Brazilian budget airline Gol struck a deal that could see it ferry commuters around São Paulo in hundreds of low-cost zero-emission electric air taxis.

“It’s going to be an absolute disrupter. We’re going to democratise air travel,” Dómhnal Slattery, chief executive of the group that will provide the aircraft to Gol, claimed in an interview with the Financial Times.

Slattery, from the Dublin-based firm Avolon, which recently placed an order for 500 of the aircraft from their British manufacturer, admitted helicopters were the “domain of the ultra wealthy”. Nowhere is that more true than in Brazil’s economic capital where South America’s super-rich have long used them to hop between luxury beach properties, ranches and heavily guarded compounds.
==================================================
Coming soon to a city near you. I wonder where the FAA is on establishing regulations for these as they could become a hazard to existing aviation.

The regulations are coming but they need to car fast as this is a case where the technology may overtake them and countries could be left behind.

I'm all for new forms of public transport and if these are indeed built in the UK I'm delighted but I don't see this as solving the wider commuting problem in large cities.

The regulations are coming but they need to car fast as this is a case where the technology may overtake them and countries could be left behind.

I'm all for new forms of public transport and if these are indeed built in the UK I'm delighted but I don't see this as solving the wider commuting problem in large cities.
Elon Musk is a winner. He wants to build tunnels under big cities for new subways. I'm betting on Elon. Anyone who can design & build a rocket that can go into space & return to land on the same spot it started from has my total confidence.

"Democratize" is just the dumbest corporate buzzword bullshit ever.

Elon Musk is a winner. He wants to build tunnels under big cities for new subways. I'm betting on Elon. Anyone who can design & build a rocket that can go into space & return to land on the same spot it started from has my total confidence.

Elon Musk invention: "Tunnels, except worse."

He's a dumbass who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

Musk didn't design a rocket. He paid people to do that. Actually, the taxpayers paid Musk to pay people to do that.

Elon's tunnels are a disaster waiting to happen.
His idea for cars underground is just not going to work for many reasons not least of which is the lack of escape areas for people when a car crashes or catches on fire.
I would not use his tunnels if you paid me.

Back
Top Bottom