• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Electoral map

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Here is an interactive electoral map.

Show us how you think the election will lay out and explain your decisions especially regarding the battleground states.

(Not sure how to share a map in here unless it's a screenshot. And I'm in a stupid Google Chromebook which lacks some very basic simple things for images unfortunately).

So aside from the default map, I'm putting AZ, NC, NE2 and FL in Biden column and Ohio, GA, and ME2 with Trump.

334 Biden
204 Trump

Last edited:
None of this matters if they are able to successfully engage in voter suppression with an assist from Russia.

GlPZZ

None of this matters if they are able to successfully engage in voter suppression with an assist from Russia.

I'm sure they are working overtime trying to figure out how to not count mail in ballots or make them disappear before counted.

Tennessee gets it right for once. Let's all move there and secede from the union like South Carolina did.

I'm sure they are working overtime trying to figure out how to not count mail in ballots or make them disappear before counted.

Are we assuming that state electors HAVE to vote for the popular winner in that state/CD?

Show us how you think the election will lay out and explain your decisions especially regarding the battleground states.

(Not sure how to share a map in here unless it's a screenshot. And I'm in a stupid Google Chromebook which lacks some very basic simple things for images unfortunately).

So aside from the default map, I'm putting AZ, NC, NE2 and FL in Biden column and Ohio, GA, and ME2 with Trump.

334 Biden
204 Trump

They will be counting votes in late December.

I hope your erection can last that long.

I guess no one wants to actually do it other than myself.

(Not sure how to share a map in here unless it's a screenshot).

Screenshots will have to do.

I've got four scenarios. The default map is based on current polling so doesn't need explaining. Biden takes 278 even if all those in play go to That's unlikely, but he may get some. Hard to knock biden from that perch, but as we saw in 2016 not impossible.

map1.jpg

Now Map 2 is generous to Biden, but also to Trump. This assumes they each get some of those in play, but biden gets a couple of those traditionally red but wavering or leaning blue as of now. AZ and GA stay red (I can't imagine GA flipping). Biden still wins in a landslide.

map2.jpg

Map 3 is a wildly optimistic Bien scenario. He takes everything in play and flips Texas. Still can't GA flipping. Can't give a basis for this because I don't know how each will be polling next month.

map3 b all.jpg

Map 4 is very optimistic for Trump - he takes everything undecided on the map and pulls an upset in ME and NV. It's still a tie. Again can't read the future so I have no polling basis for this.

map4 t-tie.jpg

So unless some upset makes Trump suddenly wildly popular, or he plays exactly the same states and counties the same way as 2016 (he seems not to be even trying in states he think's he's lost since then), his only recourse is to cheat. If he does pull of the same trick as last time, there's no real polling evidence for that either, as it ran counter to the polling. Unless they can target right down to those few swing districts it's going to be really hard to predict - except that it can happen. In this case the EC map looks more or less the same as 2016's final result.

map5 2016.jpg

334 Biden
204 Trump

I got 269 Biden

267 Trump

This of course would lead to a hot civil war which would result in the Senate appointing Trump.

XomY4

This is a US where people get sick of the two party system and a new party is born. The Democrats flee to Hawaii and the Republicans concentrate in what's known as "Middle Finger America" section of the country.

The end.

If the election were held today my prediction would be 2016 map with NE-2, AZ, MI, WI, PA, FL changing from red to blue. I would be least certain about the outcomes in WI, PA, FL, ME-2, GA, and NC.

If the election were held today my prediction would be 2016 map with NE-2, AZ, MI, WI, PA, FL changing from red to blue. I would be least certain about the outcomes in WI, PA, FL, ME-2, GA, and NC.

Do you see any scenario where a GOP state legislatures, such as in AZ, would send electors to vote Trump even if Biden wins that state’s popular vote? WI, MI, IA, PA, FL, OH, and NC are all in this boat.

Do you see any scenario where a GOP state legislatures, such as in AZ, would send electors to vote Trump even if Biden wins that state’s popular vote? WI, MI, IA, PA, FL, OH, and NC are all in this boat.

Are you asking if the legislatures would post-election change the law to send different electors than the ones nominated by the Democratic party to be sent if Biden were to win the state?

If so, then no, I do not think that would happen.

Back
Top Bottom