• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Election official in Arizona's Senate dispute represented figure in 'Fast and Furious' arms scandal

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From FOX News

Election official in Arizona's Senate dispute represented figure in 'Fast and Furious' arms scandal

A county official in Arizona, whom Republicans accuse of destroying evidence to cover up “voting irregularities,” has previously defended the accused ringleader of a group of gun straw buyers in Operation Fast and Furious, the federal operation that led to the death of a Border Patrol agent in the state.

Before he was elected in 2016 as Maricopa County recorder, Adrian Fontes was an attorney representing clients in narco-terrorism and firearms scandals.

He is now at the center of a contentious vote-count procedure in Arizona's U.S. Senate race, where Democrat Kyrsten Sinema suddenly took a lead over Republican Martha McSally, thanks to votes mostly in Maricopa County.

The Republican Party objected to Fontes’ efforts to allow voters to confirm that they signed early ballots that were dropped off on Election Day, and criticized the official for opening emergency voting centers the weekend before Tuesday's election and for mixing disputed ballots with valid ones.

COMMENT:-

Another "interesting" article from FOX News.

I'd just like to point out that the Constitution of the United States of America gives every person the right to be represented by counsel.

I'd also like to point out that the "clients in narco-terrorism and firearms scandals" that FOX points you at actually consisted of a single person (who was actually an informer) who was acquitted of all charges.

I'd also like to point out that, assuming that you actually read the whole article, the person whose conviction is referenced was NOT Mr. Fontes' client and that person was FEMALE while Mr. Fontes' client was MALE.

It looks like there is a bit of "gender confusion" running around at FOX News.

It looks to me like it wouldn't be such a bad idea to see if they could get a bit of "responsible and accurate reporting" running around there, but your opinion may vary.

Back
Top Bottom