• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Election fraud claims dominate Georgia GOP governor’s debate

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

David Perdue made his intentions clear right out of the gate: In his opening statement in the Georgia GOP gubernatorial primary debate, he fixated on alleged election fraud.
Perdue, the former senator who is Donald Trump’s endorsed candidate, sparred with Gov. Brian Kemp on the issue for almost half of the one-hour GOP debate Sunday night, accusing the governor of trying to “bury the truth” about the 2020 election.
“First off, let me be very clear tonight,” Perdue began his opening statement, “the election in 2020 was rigged and stolen.” He went on to blame rising gas prices, inflation, illegal immigration and “the brink of war” on Kemp because the governor allowed “radical Democrats to steal our election.”

--

Imagine this:

A party gubernatorial candidate running on over-turning election results for his party's benefit, faulting his incumbent same-party opponent for certifying the previous election.

And, he seems to have traction within his party!

How? How, did we ever get here? Get to a point where this is accepted? Not just accepted, bit encouraged?

Woe is is us, my friends.

These people are pathetic. Hard to believe people feel they should be in a position of responsibility.

--

Imagine this:

A party gubernatorial candidate running on over-turning election results for his party's benefit, faulting his incumbent opponent for certifying the previous election.

How? How, did we ever get here? Get to a point where this is accepted? Not just accepted, bit encouraged?

Doesn’t the GA Sec of State handle the elections?

Is there a way for the governor to not certify an elaection that the SoS has signed off on?

Sounds like a job for Mike Pence!

Doesn’t the GA Sec of State handle the elections?

Is there a way for the governor to not certify an elaection that the SoS has signed off on?

Sounds like a job for Mike Pence!

No idea. But apparently it was the heated dominate topic of the debate, lasting half an hour!

These people are pathetic. Hard to believe people feel they should be in a position of responsibility.

Even worse, this same debate is occurring among those running for state election officials!

IMO, they seem to be running on determining the upcoming elections!

I think the Governors race will sort itself out but the down ballot races are very worrisome. I fear that many "big lie" Trumpers will be elected into rolls where they can actually infringe on the will of the people.

--

Imagine this:

A party gubernatorial candidate running on over-turning election results for his party's benefit, faulting his incumbent same-party opponent for certifying the previous election.

Same answer I've given the last few times we had an exchange on it: Reagan marrying evangelicals to the right + Gingrich "push for permanent republican majority" + an impeachment based on lying about a blowjob + fallout of lack of WMDs in Iraq + Fox News enters complete unreality + first black president + Trump gave permission to wave all the ugly and evil around.

Snowball effect, basically. Once the GOP openly sought power for power's sake, it was pretty much inevitable we'd end up somewhere resembling this situation.

Same answer I've given the last few times we had an exchange on it: Reagan marrying evangelicals to the right + Gingrich "push for permanent republican majority" + an impeachment based on lying about a blowjob + fallout of lack of WMDs in Iraq + Fox News enters complete unreality + first black president + Trump gave permission to wave all the ugly and evil around.

Snowball effect, basically. Once the GOP openly sought power for power's sake, it was pretty much inevitable we'd end up somewhere resembling this situation.

Sadly, we haven't reached the end of the progression . . .

Back
Top Bottom