• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Election Discussion - US Senate

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This thread is for discussion surrounding the 2018 US Senate Elections. Any off-topic posts or posts that violate the rules will be dealt with. Make sure to read this stickied thread here prior to posting in this forum.

Looks like Indiana is flipping red tonight. No chance for the Dems now.

Looks like Indiana is flipping red tonight. No chance for the Dems now.

i did my part. i'm not very happy with the result in this case, though. if the Trumpists can continue to stack the courts, that's not good.

If the GOP can gain stronger control in the Senate then he can pack the courts with Judges with less resistance. Even if the House flips this could be a good thing for the GOP to expand Senate control. Who knows, if Pelosi has the gavel in 2020 it may remind the public of how bat**** insane the DNC has becoming and hurt their chances in 2020.

Last edited:
Wow, Ted Cruz is badly behind, with 13% of the votes counted, still early but his opponent's lead is significant!

538 Real-Time Forecast makes it a near impossibility, that Democrats can win control of Senate.

As we all knew it would be.

Rick Scott is ahead by his chinny-chin chin for the FL. senate at this particularly moment in time.

ETA: 93% reporting

538 Real-Time Forecast makes it a near impossibility, that Democrats can win control of Senate.

As we all knew it would be.

I never believed the Dems would capture the Senate. The House is looking rather uncertain, now.

Mendendez wins his seat back. The only dem Senator I'd like to have seen lose.

Joe Manchin holds WV senate seat.

Indiana senate Donelly loses and repubs pick up that seat.

Tennessee R Blackburn beats D Bresden

Time to say goodbye to D. incumbent Heidi Heitkamp

:2wave: Heidi

Better luck next time...

Joe Manchin holds WV senate seat.

Indiana senate Donelly loses and repubs pick up that seat.

I suspect Kavanaugh is responsible for both. When Manchin became the only Dem to support Justice Kavanaugh, that pretty much guaranteed his win. Friends of mine in Indiana said Donelly voting against Kavanaugh most likely would cost him the seat

Tennessee R Blackburn beats D Bresden

This was supposed to be close-for some reason I was on Blackburn's email list and she kept saying how close it was and Bresden once won every country in the state. She frog stomped him which seems to be a surprise

Looks like the Democrats' Senate hopes are pretty well dashed

It seems pretty obvious (I believe), that Cruz will win re-election. But I think it is damn interesting that he's this competitive. I think it shows - in part - the power of personal charisma and authenticity.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....

Well done, Marcia BlackBurn. You fought a hard fight, and ultimately it appears to have worked for you.

Goodbye, farewell, better luck next time former govenor of TN., Phil Bredsen.

:2wave:

It seems pretty obvious (I believe), that Cruz will win re-election. But I think it is damn interesting that he's this competitive. I think it shows - in part - the power of personal charisma and authenticity.

38 million dollars spent by the Democrats didn't hurt the competitiveness either

Whether Cruz makes it or not, it seems Texas is going to eventually turn it Democratic. At this point in this election it's a dead heat.

Momentarily, too close to call. AND only 4% reporting... the night is young.

A LOT of money spent on his opponent though. :shock:

Whether Cruz makes it or not, it seems Texas is going to eventually turn it Democratic. At this point in this election it's a dead heat.

Cruz is currently losing not BIGLY, but slightly.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....

Well done, Marcia BlackBurn. You fought a hard fight, and ultimately it appears to have worked for you.

Goodbye, farewell, better luck next time former govenor of TN., Phil Bredsen.

:2wave:

We also have a freshly minted GOP Governor: Bill Lee (I'm running for Governor, but I'm not a politician. I'm a cattle farmer, a businessman, a father and grandfather, and a seventh generation Tennessean)

38 million dollars spent by the Democrats didn't hurt the competitiveness either
Yeah but the fact that Beto is ahead of Cruz (even if barely), with 73% reporting, is absolutely amazing. Don't you think?

We're not talking a CD here, but statewide office. Frankly, I'm a bit blown away.

But let's not forget you've got a very charismatic personal candidate, against a real stick-in-the-mud.

Back
Top Bottom