• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Election 2020

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
So we all know what a super, tremendous, wonderful, only he could do it job our president is doing. Now with the spread of covid19 and different states acting in different ways, I'm wondering, how many republicans will lose their jobs because of their decisions to put the economy ahead of their constituents?

The economy is already on life support, the republicans are trying to put everyone on life support by insisting it's time to 'open' america again and risk us all to another wave since less than one percent of americans have been tested.

Where does you vote lie next election? With those 'saving' the economy or those saving lives?

The president of course. He didn't start the virus and the economy going into recession was not his fault. I dare Biden to run those ads saying how Trump is directly responsible for those dead Americans. Please do dementia Joe.

The president of course. He didn't start the virus and the economy going into recession was not his fault. I dare Biden to run those ads saying how Trump is directly responsible for those dead Americans. Please do dementia Joe.

I am sure someone will fling a corpse at one time or another.

So we all know what a super, tremendous, wonderful, only he could do it job our president is doing. Now with the spread of covid19 and different states acting in different ways, I'm wondering, how many republicans will lose their jobs because of their decisions to put the economy ahead of their constituents?

The economy is already on life support, the republicans are trying to put everyone on life support by insisting it's time to 'open' america again and risk us all to another wave since less than one percent of americans have been tested.

Where does you vote lie next election? With those 'saving' the economy or those saving lives?

While I'm not thrilled with Biden, I wouldn't vote for Trump with a gun to my head, so....

Trump exacerbated the pandemic's effects with his inaction during January, February, and half of March.

Addressing the question in the first paragraph, I would say very few. The Republican Party has spent the past decade in capturing state legislatures, governor-ships and, more importantly, gerrymandering up a storm. Most of the Republican federal state legislature seats are bullet-proof. This is especially true in those state with strong support for President of the United States of America Donald Trump. In addition, as long as the Republican Party is perceived as supporting such single issues as gun rights, abortion elimination and removal of all undocumented aliens, they'll keep many voters who would otherwise bolt.

Regards, stay safe and be well.

I wonder how many Democrats will lose their jobs for abusing their power during a crisis.

Trump exacerbated the pandemic's effects with his inaction during January, February, and half of March.
We will see if the American people fall for that in November.

As always it is the lesser of two evils.

System which only offers evil = Evil

Alleged lesser of two evils = Evil

Don't support evil.

:thumbs:

I think one must also realize quite a lot of people were living pay check to pay check prior to the Corona Virus outbreak. These are folks without a job now, no way to feed their family or to pay the rent or buy necessities. I don't know how many there are or what percentage they make.

But I don't think this is a black and white issue, right nor wrong. There are folks that need to get back to work now or risk losing everything. What I think is it should be left up to the governors when to open. Perhaps as low as mayors and county commissioners. Those at the local level who know how the Virus is effecting their own state and community. I would add that the one size fits all doesn't work in this case.

I do know that here in Georgia over half of all cases, deaths have occurred in and around the Atlanta area. That there have been very few cases in south Georgia and in the Mountain foothills. So even in Georgia, the one size fits all is wrong. I'd say the Atlanta area isn't ready to be reopened, but many counties further away probably are. But let the mayors, county commissioners decide whether or not to reopen with conversations with the governor.

This would entail getting back to work, normal piecemeal. But I do think it would be the safest way.

I think one must also realize quite a lot of people were living pay check to pay check prior to the Corona Virus outbreak. These are folks without a job now, no way to feed their family or to pay the rent or buy necessities. I don't know how many there are or what percentage they make.
People willing to brave these long lines should just be given a Franklin and be on their way to buy food. Corporations are raiding SBA due to a loophole there.

Folks ARE living paycheck to paycheck. Some work illegally in our meat-packers that have been closed due to hundreds of infections and the beginning deaths.

Rural America dies not have the hospital system to handle what’s coming. I’ll get to the rest of your post in a few. Good to see you.

What should he have done?
He should have acted on the Intel he had in November. the same Intel we gave Israel and NATO in November. We knew China’s bat woman Shi Zhengli was working on the genome sequence starting 12/30, finishing 1/2. We know China waited 6 crucial days before they informed trump and the WHO on Jan. 8 of attaining the sequence with 96% accuracy.

Your team shouldn’t have waited until February before they gave Democrats limited Intel. GOPs should not have participated in insider trading starting Jan. 24, same day there was a GOP-only Secret Intel briefing. There is no way trump can walk back his 100% dereliction of duty.

He should have acted on the Intel he had in November. the same Intel we gave Israel and NATO in November. We knew China’s bat woman Shi Zhengli was working on the genome sequence starting 12/30, finishing 1/2. We know China waited 6 crucial days before they informed trump and the WHO on Jan. 8 of attaining the sequence with 96% accuracy.

Your team shouldn’t have waited until February before they gave Democrats limited Intel. GOPs should not have participated in insider trading starting Jan. 24, same day there was a GOP-only Secret Intel briefing. There is no way trump can walk back his 100% dereliction of duty.

How should he have acted?

People willing to brave these long lines should just be given a Franklin and be on their way to buy food. Corporations are raiding SBA due to a loophole there.

Folks ARE living paycheck to paycheck. Some work illegally in our meat-packers that have been closed due to hundreds of infections and the beginning deaths.

Rural America dies not have the hospital system to handle what’s coming. I’ll get to the rest of your post in a few. Good to see you.

We had on the local news here, an unforeseen effect is a lot of doctor's offices aren't seeing many patients for normal disease and other reasons. They're afraid of catching the Virus in the Doctor's office. Even hospitals have seen their case load drop, at least down here. People are cancelling their routine visits to both doctor's offices and at the hospitals. There's even been layoffs of Heath care workers unless one works where the virus patients are going. Now I don't know if this is just a rural Georgia thing or if this is happening all over.

My son in law who works as a nurse at our county hospital said their emergency room is now seeing about a third of what is normal. I suppose staying home has reduced accidents and those who would go to the ER aren't due to being afraid of catching the Virus.

If my county hospital is an example, there's plenty of room there. Now Atlanta hospitals, I don't know.

But I don't think this is a black and white issue, right nor wrong. There are folks that need to get back to work now or risk losing everything. What I think is it should be left up to the governors when to open. Perhaps as low as mayors and county commissioners. Those at the local level who know how the Virus is effecting their own state and community. I would add that the one size fits all doesn't work in this case.

I do know that here in Georgia over half of all cases, deaths have occurred in and around the Atlanta area. That there have been very few cases in south Georgia and in the Mountain foothills. So even in Georgia, the one size fits all is wrong. I'd say the Atlanta area isn't ready to be reopened, but many counties further away probably are. But let the mayors, county commissioners decide whether or not to reopen with conversations with the governor.

This would entail getting back to work, normal piecemeal. But I do think it would be the safest way.

It is a frigging mess.

On one hand we can't continue as such as we need our businesses running and people working.
Then on the other hand there is that nagging fact that as Dr Fauci put it
But I have to tell you, the degree of efficiency of transmissibility of this is really unprecedented in anything that I’ve seen. It’s an extraordinarily efficient virus in transmitting from one person to another.

It is a hell of a place to be for sure. Trump in either his naivety or stupidity in Janaury was boasting we have it totally under control. No, we didn't have it under control and I don't believe we have it under control now. For one thing we have no idea how many people have been infected.

The most reasonable process would be a slow return to normal with the position to halt at the very first sign of increase cases. Unfortunately we have a tv game show host running this.,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/17/dr-phil-fauci-coronavirus/

Back
Top Bottom