• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Election 2008

-Demosthenes-

Internet Revolutionist
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It's an amazing irony that a country where no woman has ran for president may end up voting between Hilary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice. It's quite possible.

But there's still two more years, it will be very interesting to see who will run. It will be the first election that I can vote in :D. I'd rather like to vote for friends McCain and Kerry as president and vice president, but I know this bipartisan partnership is very unlikely.

I rather think it'll be McCain vs. Clinton in 2008. It seems most likely now, but it's a ways away still.

It will be my first presidential election as well.
I'm not worried about Hilldabeast though. Unless McCain gets the Republican nomination, then Hilldabeast would definately win, unfortunately.
But if Condi ran, I'd vote for her. Though she said that she won't run president, but she also said that wanted to be NFL Commissioner; though when the job was open she refused it. So, Condi is probably either still deciding or just bluffing.

I'm hoping Giuliani runs. I'd be happy to vote him in to office. He did a great job in New York, is somewhat fiscally conservative and somewhat socially liberal. Also, an intelligent and affable man who knows what he's doing.

I remember hearing Condi said no, but has Hillary announced her intentions?

shuamort said:
I'm hoping Giuliani runs. I'd be happy to vote him in to office. He did a great job in New York, is somewhat fiscally conservative and somewhat socially liberal. Also, an intelligent and affable man who knows what he's doing.

That Italian mayor would be a good pick. Though he is a capitalist, I think, which is good for our economy. And he's tough on crime, thank God!

shuamort said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton#Speculation_about_possible_2008_presidential_bid said:
Clinton has expressed interest in the 2008 U.S. presidential race

She's been in the top of the polls for democrat nominees for a while, and she has been trying to be more of a moderate lately.

Just one quick thing. Did any of you guys hear Sharon Stone say that Hillary is too "sexy to run for president" and that Hillary is "still in her sexual prime"? What the hell is Stone smokin'? Even if Hillary was sexy (which she is by my opinion) what would that have to do with running for president? Many women thought Bill Clinton was sexy, though he ran for, and won, the presidency. Sharon Stone is just another Hollywood, leftist wacko!

Donkey1499 said:
Just one quick thing. Did any of you guys hear Sharon Stone say that Hillary is too "sexy to run for president" and that Hillary is "still in her sexual prime"? What the hell is Stone smokin'? Even if Hillary was sexy (which she is by my opinion) what would that have to do with running for president? Many women thought Bill Clinton was sexy, though he ran for, and won, the presidency. Sharon Stone is just another Hollywood, leftist wacko!
Personally, I prefer the privacy of my president's potency.

Thanks Demosthenes for the link! :2wave:

Wikipedia is a great source, they have an article for the 2008 election as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Election, links to articles about all the candidates, and External links to all sorts of useful related web pages.

-Demosthenes- said:
It's an amazing irony that a country where no woman has ran for president may end up voting between Hilary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice. It's quite possible.

But there's still two more years, it will be very interesting to see who will run. It will be the first election that I can vote in :D. I'd rather like to vote for friends McCain and Kerry as president and vice president, but I know this bipartisan partnership is very unlikely.

I rather think it'll be McCain vs. Clinton in 2008. It seems most likely now, but it's a ways away still.

1. McCain is the liberal media's pick.:spin:
2. If he were to get picked, then media would then turn on him in a feeding frenzy.
3. Perhaps R-Tom Delay. He will be open for offers now, just stepped down from his congressional seat.

chesswarsnow said:
Perhaps R-Tom Delay. He will be open for offers now, just stepped down from his congressional seat.
Do you happen to know why he did that?

1. McCain is the liberal media's pick.:spin:
2. If he were to get picked, then media would then turn on him in a feeding frenzy.

McCain would be a less conservative and more moderate Republican, sure. If the Media was liberal at all they would go with Hilary, unless you're saying it's conservative.

If you want someone more conservative that McCain, I think you'll have to settle for someone like Romney or Gingrich, people who have a good chance, I don't think Delay will be in the running.

But I'd have to stay with McCain. It would be so cool to have a bipartisan partnership of some kind though... but alas we if would blow American's mind if a Republican and Democrat ran together for president and vice president. But it would still be cool.

Back
Top Bottom