• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elders Scroll V: Skyrim

The college of mages seems to be always getting attacked by dragons. I usually have 2 or 3 skeletons littering the courtyard there at any given time.

All the open air towns seem to almost always have a dragon attack, nearly soon after I arrive.
Freakin annoying, especially after I arrive to complete a quest.

One cool but also annoying thing, is completing the Dark Brotherhood quest, is you get an additional power.
The problem is that the "power" doesn't shut the hell up. :lol:

All the open air towns seem to almost always have a dragon attack, nearly soon after I arrive.

One cool but also annoying thing, is completing the Dark Brotherhood quest, is you get an additional power.

It might be because my home base is at the mage college currently and I spend a lot of time coming and going from there, but it does seem to get the lions share of attacks.

For example, I was looking for one specific potion, so I went hopping from town to town and spent a lot of time waiting for shops to open when I arrived at 11 pm or something. It took an annoyingly large amount of town hopping and waiting, no dragon attacks. I fast travel back to the college and a dragon comes. There also seems to be a dragon attack waiting for me frequently whenever I leave through the upper levels to fast travel too.

It might be because my home base is at the mage college currently and I spend a lot of time coming and going from there, but it does seem to get the lions share of attacks.

For example, I was looking for one specific potion, so I went hopping from town to town and spent a lot of time waiting for shops to open when I arrived at 11 pm or something. It took an annoyingly large amount of town hopping and waiting, no dragon attacks. I fast travel back to the college and a dragon comes. There also seems to be a dragon attack waiting for me frequently whenever I leave through the upper levels to fast travel too.

If I'm on Shadowmere, I just keep going until the music goes away.
At the moment, there is no benefit to killing another dragon.

The mage college has become a dragon graveyard in my game. I have to hop over their corpses to get inside.

What mods, if any, are y'all using?

I've not installed any mods, though there are a few that I find very interesting. I'm waiting till they get tweaked a bit more and till Bethesda releases their patch before I decide on which I'll use. The ones I find most interesting are:

FXAA Post Process Injector

QD Inventory

Skyrim HD

Map in Full 3D

kyrim 4GB

Simple Borderless Window

I was going up to Solitude yesterday to start the Imperial Legion quests and just in the walk had 4 dragon fights, once 2 at once. I left with 40 restore health potions, I arrived with none.

I was going up to Solitude yesterday to start the Imperial Legion quests and just in the walk had 4 dragon fights, once 2 at once. I left with 40 restore health potions, I arrived with none.
But you were up 4 dragon souls and much dragon bone and scale, among other loot they probably had.

Speaking of dragons, there's an elder dragon at this one dragon-head map marker (spearpoint?) up in the mountains between Whiterun and Windhelm (if I recall correctly).

When I went there, it was roosting on one of the dragon-walls where you learn a shout.

Fought and killed the dragon, then when I got near the wall a coffin burst open and what I think was a dragon priest popped out - it was floating around casting spells and such at me, while I killed it.

But that dragon wall gave me all 3 parts of this interesting shout that apparently gives you a "throw voice" power.

It basically allows you to throw your voice a distance away (wherever your reticule is pointing).

I tested it a couple times - the shout itself sounds like whispering, but it seems to shout various taunting phrases from wherever the effect went off - which I suppose would be quite useful for a stealth character...

Was quite useful to already have enough dragon souls on hand to activate all those shouts.

OK, now I am pissed. There are zero summon mace spells...

OK, now I am pissed. There are zero summon mace spells...
Odd...I don't use magic much, but I've seen "Bound Sword" tomes and such...there's no equivalent "Bound Mace" spell?

Odd...I don't use magic much, but I've seen "Bound Sword" tomes and such...there's no equivalent "Bound Mace" spell?

Correct, there is bound sword, bound bow and bound battle axe.

Correct, there is bound sword, bound bow and bound battle axe.
Hmm.

So no Bound War Axe, Bound Mace, Bound Warhammer, or Bound Greatsword? What about Bound Dagger?

But you were up 4 dragon souls and much dragon bone and scale, among other loot they probably had.

Speaking of dragons, there's an elder dragon at this one dragon-head map marker (spearpoint?) up in the mountains between Whiterun and Windhelm (if I recall correctly).

When I went there, it was roosting on one of the dragon-walls where you learn a shout.

Fought and killed the dragon, then when I got near the wall a coffin burst open and what I think was a dragon priest popped out - it was floating around casting spells and such at me, while I killed it.

But that dragon wall gave me all 3 parts of this interesting shout that apparently gives you a "throw voice" power.

It basically allows you to throw your voice a distance away (wherever your reticule is pointing).

I tested it a couple times - the shout itself sounds like whispering, but it seems to shout various taunting phrases from wherever the effect went off - which I suppose would be quite useful for a stealth character...

Was quite useful to already have enough dragon souls on hand to activate all those shouts.

I got the fire breath shout, it's pretty cool, although it's no instant death dealer.

I got the fire breath shout, it's pretty cool, although it's no instant death dealer.
I actually have like 8-10 different shouts, but most of them have only 1 level, a few 2, and a couple are complete.

Firebreath is cool, I agree - doesn't do tons of damage though, I can usually kill something faster with my war axe...

I actually have like 8-10 different shouts, but most of them have only 1 level, a few 2, and a couple are complete.

Firebreath is cool, I agree - doesn't do tons of damage though, I can usually kill something faster with my war axe...

I just got that complete shout by asking the guys on the mountain.
Pretty useful.

Should of used it last night, had to take on like 5 death lords, then the game ctd'd.
Been having a good bit of crashes and freezing issues.

Not sure if it's steam, the game or my pc.

Blame steam... and ouch...

Should of used it last night, had to take on like 5 death lords, then the game ctd'd.

I think it's the game, it freezes on my Xbox with alarming regularity.

People have been recommending this: 4GB Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

I have not used it and have no idea if it will help. There are possible issues with save files(autosave and quicksave have something to do with it), and with virtual memory(which this is supposed to help).

Also note that there should be 1.2 patch next week, so personally I would wait till after that before I tried anything.

Back
Top Bottom