• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elden Ring

You'll find no negatives from me. Elden Ring is one of the best games I have played in years in terms of its challenge, its art style, it storyline, and its lore. My wife and I have played it a couple hours nearly every night for the past two weeks after we put the kids to bed. It inspires me and makes me want to run more Old School Dungeons & Dragons for my friends. You clearly have a lot more experience with Souls games than I do (this is my first). But my Level 39 Vagabond Knight with a two handed Bloodhound's Fang has been doing just fine for me thus far. But I do want to try out a magic build.

I'm kind of weird in that I enjoy watching Let's Plays and Walk Throughs. (Thank God I have unlimited data on my phone plan, I'm usually pushing 25Gb a month.) So I will have my phone on the charger under my monitor at work and an ear bud is for background as I'm working. Some people do this with music, I listen to gamers.

I highly recommend this gentleman. He's in his early 60's and lives in Montreal. He does very detailed strategy based walk throughs and I think he's highly under rated. I'm not talking 7 minute OP build by level 25 videos either, but longer detailed videos on why.

He has two YouTube channels "Videos" and "Attack". Why? Reasons that go back a couple of years.

WW

You'll find no negatives from me. Elden Ring is one of the best games I have played in years in terms of its challenge, its art style, it storyline, and its lore. My wife and I have played it a couple hours nearly every night for the past two weeks after we put the kids to bed. It inspires me and makes me want to run more Old School Dungeons & Dragons for my friends. You clearly have a lot more experience with Souls games than I do (this is my first). But my Level 39 Vagabond Knight with a two handed Bloodhound's Fang has been doing just fine for me thus far. But I do want to try out a magic build.

Magic, all of it, is OP. Souls players who like magic had a hard time in Dark Souls 3. There were only a couple viable spells and they mostly missed. Elden Ring is the opposite. Mages have a million choices and every spell is OP.

I'm kind of weird in that I enjoy watching Let's Plays and Walk Throughs. (Thank God I have unlimited data on my phone plan, I'm usually pushing 25Gb a month.) So I will have my phone on the charger under my monitor at work and an ear bud is for background as I'm working. Some people do this with music, I listen to gamers.

I highly recommend this gentleman. He's in his early 60's and lives in Montreal. He does very detailed strategy based walk throughs and I think he's highly under rated. I'm not talking 7 minute OP build by level 25 videos either, but longer detailed videos on why.

He has two YouTube channels "Videos" and "Attack". Why? Reasons that go back a couple of years.

WW

I watch ChasetheBro and Jeenine occasionally. I find Chase the better player (attitude, etc) but Jeenine the better PvPer. There is some debate on that. Both only post pvp videos. Chase does weapon showcase videos. Jeenine is more a tech and tactics guy.

I finished Elden Ring after playing it through several times. I liked it a lot better than the Dark Souls games, which I couldn't get through. I tried playing the Dark Souls games as a single player game, and ended up getting my head handed to me, though, I was able to find some folks still on line playing, with which I could team up.

I watch ChasetheBro and Jeenine occasionally. I find Chase the better player (attitude, etc) but Jeenine the better PvPer. There is some debate on that. Both only post pvp videos. Chase does weapon showcase videos. Jeenine is more a tech and tactics guy.
Thanks. I've subscribed and will keep an eye on new videos for awhile.

WW

Back
Top Bottom