• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elbert Guillory (D-LA) flips Republican. [W:316]

Mr.Nick

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I'm glad his reasoning is in the news.... I've been saying what Mr. Guillory has been saying for the last 10-years and every democrat told me to put my tin-foil hat on....

EVERYTHING this man said is 100% correct.

Another American wakes up. Great day for the greatest nation in history.

Of course as a "Libertarian" you still think he's full of it because Republicans are no better than Democrats....:lamo

Another American wakes up. Great day for the greatest nation in history.

All he did was switch from one half of the problem to the other half. If he actually "woke up" he'd be independent.

Of course as a "Libertarian" you still think he's full of it because Republicans are no better than Democrats....:lamo

I view his position as a tea party/libertarian position..

The guy obviously hasn't figured everything out yet but he is on the right track and has the right idea.

If it matters I don't like NEOCONS because they're no different than democrats....

All he did was switch from one half of the problem to the other half. If he actually "woke up" he'd be independent.

Did you watch the vid and hear his reasons for switching parties? I'm thinking you didn't.

It's not that he became a Repubkican, but rather shucked the Liberal agenda....he left the plantation.

What one calls themselves doesn't matter - their ideas matter.

I share the same ideas Mr. Gillory holds, however I'm a libertarian and I'm a libertarian for the same reasons Mr. Gillory explained.

I don't want government dictating freedoms, I don't want government providing for people in an attempt to control those people because they rely on handouts..... These are libertarian ideas.

Even though it was clearly rehearsed, this is a very intelligent, well spoken man, far superior in relaying a message than the phony propped up in the White House today. Regardless of whatever political party he represents, I hope he seeks federal office in the future - his kind is needed in Washington, desperately.

Even though it was clearly rehearsed, this is a very intelligent, well spoken man, far superior in relaying a message than the phony propped up in the White House today. Regardless of whatever political party he represents, I hope he seeks federal office in the future - his kind is needed in Washington, desperately.

Hes already in office..... He finally realized the democratic party is authoritarian and that their "free handouts" translates into slavery (which it does).

The majority of the southern democrats switched to the republican party 40 years before he did, thus making his historical analysis fairly horse****.

Neither party gives a **** about the people.

Hes already in office..... He finally realized the democratic party is authoritarian and that their "free handouts" translates into slavery (which it does).

Yes, he's in office but in the Louisiana State legislature, not the US Senate, unless I've got that wrong - I'd like to see him in Washington.

The majority of the southern democrats switched to the republican party 40 years before he did, thus making his historical analysis fairly horse****.

Wrong....

Where did you even come up with such nonsense?

Did you watch the vid and hear his reasons for switching parties? I'm thinking you didn't.

It's not that he became a Repubkican, but rather shucked the Liberal agenda....he left the plantation.

As usual, you're the one race baiting....sadly typical.

I don't care which team he plays for. They're both bad and going from Democrat to Republican only changes which color of kool-aid he professes to prefer.

Yes, he's in office but in the Louisiana State legislature, not the US Senate, unless I've got that wrong - I'd like to see him in Washington.

He's in Washington - just as a member of the House - hes one of 435 members that makeup the House.

Wrong....

Where did you even come up with such nonsense?

A knowledge of history and the evolution of the southern electorate. I guess you can ignore reality though, if you say "wrong" whenever it rears it's ugly head.

Let me get this right... this guy switched parties.. from the party of the President that has been caught using a known program as it should... to the party that created the program and put it in place in the first place...

This guy must be nuts....

Reality. You should try it.

I know history..... Republicans didn't flip democrat over "Jim Crow laws" - democrats legislated "Jim Crow laws" via the Tenth Amendment and republicans were opposed to them.

Then around 1965 democrats started using minorities for personal gain.... Now we have housing projects with minorities who rely on government to subsidize their entire life and they will continue to vote democrat just as long has they have a free roof over their head, free phone, free cable, free tv and free food on the table..... In order to be free one must be independent - and minorities generally aren't independent - they're dependent on democrats redistributing wealth to them and keeping them enslaved on those "entitlements."

He's in Washington - just as a member of the House - hes one of 435 members that makeup the House.

I thought he was in Louisiana's state house since the video identifies him as a Senator and I'm pretty sure Louisiana's two federal Senators are Vitter and Landreau

I know history..... Republicans didn't flip democrat over "Jim Crow laws" - democrats legislated "Jim Crow laws" via the Tenth Amendment and republicans were opposed to them.

Who said anything about republicans flipping democrat? That's right, nobody did.

Actually, his historical knowledge is quite impressive.

It was the Democrats the voted against the civil rights bills, in greater numbers than the Repubkicans.

A knowledge of history and the evolution of the southern electorate. I guess you can ignore reality though, if you say "wrong" whenever it rears it's ugly head.

The burden of proof is on you...

Show me republicans flipping party lines over "jim crow laws."

You do realize it was republicans who actually drafted emancipation laws, and total civil liberties to blacks and other minorities and it was the democrats that opposed them entirely?

You do realize in the south racist whites are democrats do you not?

The democratic party is the party of racism.

Democrats did flip to Republican when they were killed by Federal law. A section that was solid Democrat suddenly turned red. Just a coincidence though.

Then around 1965 democrats started using minorities for personal gain.... Now we have housing projects with minorities who rely on government to subsidize their entire life and they will continue to vote democrat just as long has they have a free roof over their head, free phone, free cable, free tv and free food on the table..... In order to be free one must be independent - and minorities generally aren't independent - they're dependent on democrats redistributing wealth to them and keeping them enslaved on those "entitlements."

Race baiting again? You guys on the right are hilarious - "Liberals play the race card" but the race baiters in this thread....

The burden of proof is on you...

Show me republicans flipping party lines over "jim crow laws."

You do realize it was republicans who actually drafted emancipation laws, and total civil liberties to blacks and other minorities and it was the democrats that opposed them entirely?

You do realize in the south racist whites are democrats do you not?

The democratic party is the party of racism.

You realize that in 1910 Republicans were "Progressive" right?

It's funny how far you'll go to defend the Republican party for someone who isn't one.

Back
Top Bottom