• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Either/Or--Which IS It??? The 33,000 e-mail Question.

Vox

Voice and Wisdom of God
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Did Donald Trump commit treason by asking Russia to spy on our government????

Or did he just ask Russia to help convict a criminal that is being protected by our corrupt government?

We really should ferret out the truth on this one.

Or did he just ask Russia to help convict a criminal that is being protected by our corrupt government?

What was that middle thing again?

I couldn't choose between those, but I bet I know who Putin is hoping wins this.

I couldn't choose between those, but I bet I know who Putin is hoping wins this.

He probably want Clinton to win because he knows she's a weak leader.

He said IF Russia had those emails (meaning the hacking had already occurred) for them to turn them over to the FBI.

Remember, the FBI tried to reconstruct those 30,000 emails which had been deleted by Clinton's lawyers.

Anyways, according to Clinton, those emails shouldn't contain any sensitive information.

What difference does it make? If the leaks are true, and I haven't seen a denial, just distraction techniques focused on the motivation behind the leaks, then we should be grateful for chance to see the ugly truth.

If Russia's goals are achieved by exposing corruption in our government .... who cares? We should thank them.

He said IF Russia had those emails (meaning the hacking had already occurred) for them to turn them over to the FBI.

Remember, the FBI tried to reconstruct those 30,000 emails which had been deleted by Clinton's lawyers.

Anyways, according to Clinton, those emails shouldn't contain any sensitive information.

No, he said: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”.

This terrible attempt at projecting her ****up onto him isn't working on me. He's not asking for another hack. You're crying wolf again. This is why you will fail, your presumptuous liars.

No, he said: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”.

Yes, as a sort of a public service, it appears. Finding lost property, as it were.

The woman that granted Russia a multi-million dollar uranium deal?

I believe what Trump did was use sarcasm without the sarcastic inflection. Do you honestly believe he would ask Russian hackers to do ANYTHING? He is stupid, but he's not THAT stupid.

Trump was being typically Trump. Careless with words. But lets consider. A-if you are relying on the Justice Department to find those missing emails...pleeeeeeeease. B-there cant POSSIBLY be any national security secrets on that server. After all...it was just email between her and her husband.

...and then turn them over to the press for a reward. Here are his exact words:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Nobody is interested in the truth or the facts. Lies, hype, sensation, or twist it into a race thing is all the media and the people are concerned with.

If your a democrat careless handling of classified documents and covering up the crime is OK. But asking for confirmation that the files have been hacked is a crime and crazy. I guess we should elect someone who is careless handling classified documents over someone trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Everyone in the intelligence business has those emails. If Russian intelligence failed to hack her e-mails during her reckless handling of classified material people would be falling out of second story windows in Russia. Our own intelligence would be pretty inept and basically pathetic if we didn't have them as well. Nobody is going to tip their hand on what information they have especially Russia who would love someone as careless and inept at national security as Hillary to be president.

So is it your contention that the server in question is still in service and in a hackable state? Seriously?

Also, later in the day Trump tweeted that if the emails were found, that they should be turned over to the FBI.

So what's the big deal?

This is no big deal except in the MSM starting with the Clinton News Network, AKA CNN. Listen to some of the remarks by them and you can see why MSM is so disliked.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

If anyone can find Trump wanting the Russian to hack our government please release evidence.

One: Hillary server was private
Two: why would the Russians want Hillary personal emails as she claimed they were?

This whole MSM bias is aimed at deflecting from emails written by the DNC to stop Sanders from getting the democratic nomination. Plain and simple.

Want proof that the deflecting isn't working: RCP has Trump now leading Hillary 45.6 to 44.7.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

This is no big deal except in the MSM starting with the Clinton News Network, AKA CNN. Listen to some of the remarks by them and you can see why MSM is so disliked.

If anyone can find Trump wanting the Russian to hack our government please release evidence.

One: Hillary server was private
Two: why would the Russians want Hillary personal emails as she claimed they were?

This whole MSM bias is aimed at deflecting from emails written by the DNC to stop Sanders from getting the democratic nomination. Plain and simple.

Want proof that the deflecting isn't working: RCP has Trump now leading Hillary 45.6 to 44.7.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

I already understand that. I want the average liberal to explain what the big deal is.

Does not fit the definition of treason. The actual law concerning treason might be different though.

Treason | Definition of Treason by Merriam-Webster

Oddly, what Tom cottom did in sending that letter to Iran was very, very close. If he had sent it to North Korea (Who is technically still at war with us), it would have been Treason.

This is just silliness and intellectual dishonesty.

Everyone in the intelligence business has those emails. If Russian intelligence failed to hack her e-mails during her reckless handling of classified material people would be falling out of second story windows in Russia. Our own intelligence would be pretty inept and basically pathetic if we didn't have them as well. Nobody is going to tip their hand on what information they have especially Russia who would love someone as careless and inept at national security as Hillary to be president.

I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Much to do about nothing, and I'm as anti-Trump as anyone here.

So is it your contention that the server in question is still in service and in a hackable state? Seriously?

I have no idea and don't rally care one way or the other.

Also, later in the day Trump tweeted that if the emails were found, that they should be turned over to the FBI.

Amazing how often he has to come back later and repair what he said earlier in the day. This is just another case of Trump saying something that is incredibly irresponsible for presidential candidate to say. Just proves how unqualified he is for the job.

I don't think he stepped over the line into treason. I'm not sure he even broke a law. It was, however, very bad form and very bad judgment. At the very least, he showed what a big friggin' idiot he is... and his suckers keep defending him and lapping it up.

Amazing how often he has to come back later and repair what he said earlier in the day. This is just another case of Trump saying something that is incredibly irresponsible for presidential candidate to say. Just proves how unqualified he is for the job.

Like this?

Clinton, who has in the past stated that she "never sent or received" classified materials on her personal email server, appeared to soften that language on Friday. "I certainty did not believe that I received or sent any material that was classified," she told Blitzer.

Hillary Clinton reiterates email use was a 'mistake' - CNNPolitics.com

Like this?

Clinton, who has in the past stated that she "never sent or received" classified materials on her personal email server, appeared to soften that language on Friday. "I certainty did not believe that I received or sent any material that was classified," she told Blitzer.

Hillary Clinton reiterates email use was a 'mistake' - CNNPolitics.com

What does that have to do with what Trump said?

Back
Top Bottom