• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eisenhower's death camps (million Germans captured by the armies of Eisenhower, died)

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
1284806790_062_01_.jpg

In the spring of 1945 Adolf Hitler's Third Reich was on the verge of death being ground up by the Red Army, advancing westwards towards Berlin and the American, British and Canadian armies under the command of General Dwight Eisenhower, advancing to the east of the Rhine.
Among the first prisoner of war the U.S. was Corporal Helmut von Liebig, who served in antiaircraft in the experimental group, Peenemunde on the Baltic Sea. Liebig was captured by the Americans on April 17 near Gotha in central Germany. Forty-two years later, he distinctly remembered that the camp Gotha was not even awnings, a barbed-wire fence around the field, soon turned into a swamp.
The prisoners received on the first day a small portion of food, but on the second and subsequent days it was cut in half. To get it, they were forced to run through the formation of soldiers. Hunched over, they ran between the rows of American guards who beat them with sticks as they approach to food. April 27 they were transferred to the American camp Heidesheim, where for several days there was no food at all, and then only slightly.
Under the open sky, starved, tortured by thirst, people began to die. Liebig counted daily from 10 to 30 bodies that were dragged out of his section "B", which contained about 5,200 people. He saw the prisoner scored another to death because of a small piece of bread.
One night, when the rain came, Liebig said that the walls of the hole dug in the sandy ground to cover, hit the people who were too weak to get out from under them. They suffocated before it could come to the aid of their comrades ...
1284806982_062_03_.jpg

Five days after the surrender of Germany on May 13, Liebig was transferred to another American POW camp, Bingem-Rudesheim in the Rhineland, near Bad Kreusnach. The prisoners held there 200 - 400 000, without a roof over their heads, with little or no food, water, medicines, in terrible distress.
Mortality in the American camp for German prisoners of war in the Rhineland, according to the testimony of the surviving medical service, was about 30% in 1945. Average death rate among the civilian population of Germany was at the time of 1-2%.
One day in June, through hallucinations, Liebig saw "Tommy" included in the camp. The British took the camp under his protection, and it saved the life of Liebig. Then it at 5 feet 10 inches weighed 96.8 pounds.
According to the stories of ex-prisoners Reinberg, the last action of the Americans, before the arrival of the British, was plowing one section of the camp bulldozed, many weakened prisoners could not leave their holes ...
According to the Geneva Convention, prisoners of war were guaranteed three important rights: they need to be fed, and posted to the same standards. as winners, they should be able to send and receive mail, and that they are required to attend the International Committee of the Red Cross, which should be secret reports on the conditions of the Indemnified Parties.
(In the case of Germany, as her government was dissolved in the latter stages of the war, was appointed by the Indemnified Parties Switzerland).
In fact, the German prisoners were denied by the U.S. Army in these and most other rights of a series of special resolutions and directives adopted her command at SHAEF - Supreme Headquarters, Allied Expeditionary Force
"God, I hate the Germans" - Eisenhower wrote to his wife Mamie in September 1944. Earlier, he told the British ambassador in Washington that all the 3500 German General Staff officers must be "destroyed." In March 1945, in a letter to CCS, signed by Eisenhower recommended the creation of a new class of prisoners - Disarmed Enemy Forces - DEF, which, unlike the prisoners were not covered by the Geneva Convention. Therefore, they should not have been supplied with the winning army after the surrender of Germany.
This was a direct violation of the Geneva Convention. In a letter dated March 10, in particular. the reasoned: "The additional load on the supply of troops caused by the recognition of the German Armed Forces of Prisoners of War, which requires them to provide a basic level of troop diet goes far beyond the capabilities of the Allies, even with the use of all the resources of Germany." The letter concluded: "It takes your approval. Plans will be drawn up on this basis."
April 26, 1945 approved the Joint Command of the status of DEF for prisoners of war in the hands of the U.S. Army: British commanders refused to accept the American plan for its prisoners. CCS has decided to keep the status of disarmed German troops in secret.
At the same time, Eisenhower's chief quartermaster at SAEF, General Robert Littlejohn, has already halved the diet for prisoners and an SAEF, addressed to General George Marshall, Chief of the U.S. Army, signed by Eisenhower, says that in the camps, the prisoners will not be "neither roof nor other facilities ... ".
However, the reason there was no supply. In Europe, the warehouses were plenty of suitable materials for the construction of camps for prisoners of war. Adjutant General Eisenhower on specific issues, General Everett Hughes visited the huge warehouses in the NNS and Marseilles and reported: "Pripasov more than we can ever use. Extend within sight."
The camp Rheinberg, where Corporal Liebich broke in mid-May, dying of dysentery and typhoid, was not at the opening on April 17 at no food for the prisoners. As in other camps, "Floodplain Rhine", opened by the Americans in mid-April, there was no guard towers, no tents, no barracks, no kitchen, no water, no toilets, no food ...
George Weiss, tanks repairman, who now lives in Toronto, says about his camp on the Rhine: "All night we had to sit close to each other. But the lack of water was the worst. According to three and a half days we do not have water at all. We drank their own urine ... "
The camp Reinberg thousands of displaced civilians were Germans. There were children six years, pregnant women and elderly people over 60. In the beginning, when the camp were still trees, some began to tear off limbs and make a fire. Security ordered the fire put out. At many sites were forbidden to dig holes in the ground to cover. "We were forced to eat grass"
WORKING team stripped from the corpses of identification tags, stripped them and stacked layers, sprinkling lime.
Conditions in the U.S. camps along the Rhine in late April were checked by two colonels of the Medical Corps of the U.S. Army James Mason and Charles Beasley, who described them as in a newspaper published in 1950: "huddling behind barbed fencing in a pile for warmth, they are terrifying: about 100,000 sluggish, apathetic, dirty, emaciated people with blank stares, dressed in field gray uniforms with mud, standing ankle-deep in mud ...
The commander of the German Division reported that people did not eat for at least two days, and the water supply was a major problem - at 200 yards proceeded full-flowing Rhine. "
4 мая 1945 первые немецкие военнопленные, принадлежащих американцам, были переведены в статус DEF.Since then, the American prisoners camps officially lost the opportunity to visits by independent observers as well as the possibility of obtaining food parcels, clothing or medicines from a humanitarian organization.
1284807070_062_07_.jpg

At least 800,000, it is very likely more than 900 000 and it is possible that more than 1 million deaths in American and French camps than were killed in the north-western Europe from the time America entered the war in 1941 to April 1945.
An excerpt from the memoirs of Johann Baumberger, a German prisoner of war
Europe
Johann Baumbergers war memories
In this aerial photograph each black dot means a German prisoner sitting in a snowy field in a month.
1284807091_062_10.jpg

In "Eisenhower"s Death Camps": A U.S. Prison Guard"s Story the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%20History/us_war_crimes/Eisenhowers_death_camps.htm
At the end of March - beginning of April 1945, I was sent to guard a POW camp near Andernach on the Rhine. I had four courses of German, and I could talk to the prisoners, though it was forbidden. But over time, I became a translator and I was asked to identify the members of the SS. (I did not find any).
1284807178_062_11.jpg

In Andernach about 50,000 prisoners were kept in the open field, fenced by barbed wire. The women were kept in a separate pen. We concluded there was no shelter, no blankets, many did not and coats. They slept in the mud, the rain and the cold, among the incredibly long trenches for excrement. The spring was cold and windy and suffering from the weather was awful.
Even more horrible to watch how the prisoners were boiled in tins like thin soup made of grass and weeds. Very soon, the prisoners were exhausted. Dysentery raged, and soon they were sleeping in their own excrement, too weak and crowded to get to the trench-toilets.
Many begged to give them food, wilting and dying before our very eyes. We had plenty of food and other food, but we could do nothing to help them, including health care.
Enraged, I protested to his officers, but was received with hostility or bland indifference. Under pressure, they replied that they fulfill the strictest instructions "from the top".
Turning to the kitchen, I heard that kuhmeysteram strictly forbidden to share provisions of prisoners, but it more than ever and they do not know what to do with it. I promised to give off little by little.
When I threw food to prisoners through the barbed wire, I was caught by the guards. I repeated the "offense" and the officer angrily threatened to shoot me. I thought it was a bluff, until I saw on the hill near the camp officer, shot from a pistol .45 caliber group of German civilian women.
To my question, he replied: "Shooting at targets" and continued to burn until the last bullet in the store. I saw a woman running for cover, but because of the range is not able to determine whether someone has wounded officer.
Then I realized that I was dealing with a cold-blooded killer, full of moral hatred. They considered the Germans subhuman, worthy of destruction: another round of downward spiral of racism. All press the end of the war was full of pictures of German concentration camps with emaciated prisoners. This increased our self-confident cruelty and facilitated us to behave in such a way that we were sent to fight ...
Why the American media do not tell about it? Heh-heh.

Last edited:
Re: Eisenhower's death camps (million Germans captured by the armies of Eisenhower, d

Death rates
German POW's in US captivity: 1%
German POW's in French captivity: 2,6%
German POW's in Soviet captivity: 35-50%
US POW's in Japanese captivity: 27%
Soviet POW's in German captivity: 60-80%

Source: Stephen Ambrose, Eisenhower and the German PoWs: Facts Against Falsehood, 1992

Also
In 1989, a Canadian publisher issued James Bacque, Other Losses: An Investigation into the Mass Deaths of German Prisoners of War at the Hands of the French and Americans After World War II. Bacque, a Canadian novelist, charged that US General Dwight Eisenhower, motivated by personal hatred of Germans and partly abetted by the French, caused the death (by neglect or worse) of 1 million(!) German PoWs in 1945-48. Bacque's theme sold well among certain anti-American fever-swamps in Canada, and even more among German Holocaust-deniers: if Americans killed a million helpless German PoWs from idle spite, then Nazi atrocities against Jews (which the deniers claim were exaggerated anyways) don't look so uniquely horrible.
Bischof and Ambrose (and the contributors to their book) shredded Bacque's "one million" claim, highlighting crude mathematical errors and distortion of sources. Among points brought out:

1 year after the last acknowledged German PoW was released by the Soviets (1956), the West German government set up the "Scientific Commission for the History of German Prisoners of War," (sometimes called the "Maschke Commission") . They spent the next 16 years tracking the fate of German PoWs in various countries, publishing their results in 22 books. They noted Western mistreatment of German PoWs in 1945, but, studying the 6 worst camps that held 560,000 PoWs, estimated deaths from 3,000-9000, in the range of 1%.

Bacque was aware of the Maschke studies, and dismissed them as a cover-up arranged between Cold War allies. He also claimed they were not released to the public at large. A limited edition (431 copies) was sold primarily to universities and research libraries.

The German Red Cross in 1974 reported 41,000 missing who were last known on the Western Front. Even if one assumes they all died in US PoW camps, and adds the 15,000 PoW dead listed by the US provost marshal , that yields a maximum of 56,000, 1.1% of the peak number of PoWs held by the US.

Where were the 1,000,000 bodies?

For no logical reason, Bacque reduced the generally accepted death toll of PoWs taken by the Soviets by 1,000,000 while adding the same figure to the US account.
Before one is too quick to blame the Soviets for their gruesome death toll (up to 50%), however, one should note that the Nazis, with greater economic resources than the Soviets, allowed a death toll of Soviet PoWs of 60% or more.

Eisenhower was under careful supervision by both the US and British governments, and could not have carried out a murderous conspiracy without their knowledge. His staff included many British officers, yet Bacque, for whatever personal motives, chose to claim the British were innocent.
This seems to be where your article got it's sensationalistic numbers.

Re: Eisenhower's death camps (million Germans captured by the armies of Eisenhower, d

WAR is HELL
Why is it a surprise that the Allies would be so harsh towards people who kill so many of their countrymen?

Death rates
German POW's in US captivity: 1%
German POW's in French captivity: 2,6%
German POW's in Soviet captivity: 35-50%
US POW's in Japanese captivity: 27%
Soviet POW's in German captivity: 60-80%

Source: Stephen Ambrose, Eisenhower and the German PoWs: Facts Against Falsehood, 1992

Also

This seems to be where your article got it's sensationalistic numbers.

And what are the Facts Against Falsehood of the Chemical Weapons Saddam Hussein? Heh-heh. Or that Stephen Ambrose writes about the genocide of American Indians, Hiroshima and Nagosaki? What are the facts against the lies of the U.S. intervention in the Philippines in 1900? Facts Against Falsehood write what you need to advertise.
The keeping of German prisoners of war in the Soviet Union
1568_959622861_big.jpg

____976.jpg

WAR is HELL
Why is it a surprise that the Allies would be so harsh towards people who kill so many of their countrymen?

Interesting story. Russian prisoner pilot surrounded by Germans.
bank_10343_17357.jpg

Curiously respect and sympathy in the eyes of pilots and technicians gathered around Russian pilot.
Memories Gunther Rall (Luftwaffe ace):
"September 21, 1942 during the second flight I was lucky - about half past four shot down MIG-3 very close to our airfield. His pilot was able to jump out with a parachute and escape. Unterofitsery my Staffel immediately drove the car to the place of landing to grab it.
Russian landed on one of the huge sunflower fields, which in these places were set. He was quickly surrounded, but he managed to take only when he shot at all of our cartridges from his gun, fortunately without causing any harm.
After he was treated with incision wound on his forehead, which he won by jumping out of a plane, he was brought to me. I just was at near the radio, listening to talks pilots. Russian ****ing young, just like most of us - he was barely twenty. The smart brown eyes equally reflected pride and disappointment. On his lips plays a small smile. His chest is decorated with three medals, of which I know only one - it's called the "Hero of the Soviet Union."
So that's what they look like in reality, the representatives of the Mongolian steppe hordes, as is their propaganda, those subhuman, which is unacceptable humanely! Soldier in front of us, who immediately commands respect from anyone who himself is a warrior. I then thought sarcastically, that sometimes the enemy you can more native than with some people from your environment.
The proposed cigarette he immediately put aside untouched, but when I lit one himself, he relaxed a bit. Our tea, cold and crisp, but poured from pure gasoline cans, gives him confidence, while I'm at his eyes did not drink the cup.
We found one sergeant and interpreter and sat together, talking about our air combat, war going on.
My opponent perfectly kept and full of dignity. He did not make the slightest attempt to curry favor or creep into the trust. Propaganda breeds hatred, hatred gives birth to cruelty, savagery begets a new propaganda. ****ing vicious circle.
The Soviet pilot remains with us for a few days, so there's no way to send it. We have neither the desire nor the ability to keep it under lock and key. Under the responsibility of our Staffel he gets allowances as any other pilot, and can move freely around the airfield (near the village. - Ed.) Soldiers without constant supervision. Under these conditions, he is not trying to escape, estimating that attitude on our part, in spite of all the regulations. His escape it will cause us trouble and understands it. Later, we will send it to the Ju-52, carrying the wounded to hospital. And then he uses the opportunity. How - we do not know for sure. But Captain Antonov certainly not arrived at their destination. Rather, he took advantage of the German army coat of those transported on the Ju-52, so get lost and run. But the fact that Antonov had survived the war, I do know from official Russian sources"

And what are the Facts Against Falsehood of the Chemical Weapons Saddam Hussein? Heh-heh. Or that Stephen Ambrose writes about the genocide of American Indians, Hiroshima and Nagosaki? What are the facts against the lies of the U.S. intervention in the Philippines in 1900? Facts Against Falsehood write what you need to advertise.

That is not very useful.
Do you have any comments or rebuttals based on factual sources or argumentation that people should know about?

. . .
Why the American media do not tell about it?. . .

Probably because it is not well substantiated.

The American Press in general would be delighted to destroy a Republican icon like Eisenhower.

That is not very useful.
Do you have any comments or rebuttals based on factual sources or argumentation that people should know about?

What are you looking for arguments? Eisenhower reanimate? Johann Baumbergers war memories Do you think it deception? Or are you about the chemical weapons Saddam Hussein? So chemical Weapons never was. United States started the war under false pretenses. As the Nazis in 1939. By the way, what are your sources say about democracy in Iraq? Heh-heh. Foto liberal American soldier and Hirasima.
1328627196_somalia1.jpg

12_hiros.jpg

The keeping of German prisoners of war in the Soviet Union
1568_959622861_big.jpg

____976.jpg

This is what you sound like:
lalalalacanthear.jpg

Okay, you guys seem to be talking about this:

Rheinwiesenlager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is true is that the conditions in those camps were horrible, that thousands of POWs were kept without any shelter on open fields for months, their warm coats and tarpaulins were taken from them, they lacked food, the local people were not allowed to give them any food and some brave locals still threw packages over the fence. Was it wilful, unnecessary cruelty? Yes. Did the US forces wilfully create conditions in which people would die? Yes. Was it a war crime? Yes.

However, that is not a reason to add an extra 2 or 3 zeros to the number of people wilfully starved to death in those camps. it was 3000 to 10000, not millions. Atrocious as this was, German soldiers were generally better off in US or British internment than in Soviet internment because

a) many prisoners were kept in much better conditions by the US and UK forces
b) The Germans in US/UK captivity returned home a few months later, those in Russia were kept in mines until the mid 1950s
c) Higher mortality rate in Soviet internment

After all, there is a reason why many German soldiers fled west at the end of the war, right into British and US prison camps. Those who ended up in the "Rheinwiesenlager" were in for an unpleasant surprise though.

They were Nazis, they earned it.

"We're in the Nazi killin" business and cousin, business is-a-boomin"

They were Nazis, they earned it.

They were Vietnamese, Iraqis, Afghans .....they earned it.

68213850427312_2156.jpg

War-in-Iraq1-14-800x681.jpg

Gotta love a Russian trying to repair the image of the old USSR by slamming American and world history. Yes, and everything we use in the modern world was first invented in Russia. :lamo

They were Vietnamese, Iraqis, Afghans .....they earned it.

68213850427312_2156.jpg

War-in-Iraq1-14-800x681.jpg

Americans didn't nape those kids. That was an ARVN operation and South Vietnamese pilots were flying those aircraft. They were attacking communist units that had retrested into the village, using the villagers as human shields.

Thr bottom pic? They're terrorists, so screw!em.

That is not very useful.

I'm guessing not. Just another slow day at Stormfront, where Nazis are heroes and those that defeated them are war criminals.

Okay, you guys seem to be talking about this:

Rheinwiesenlager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is true is that the conditions in those camps were horrible, that thousands of POWs were kept without any shelter on open fields for months, their warm coats and tarpaulins were taken from them, they lacked food, the local people were not allowed to give them any food and some brave locals still threw packages over the fence. Was it wilful, unnecessary cruelty? Yes. Did the US forces wilfully create conditions in which people would die? Yes. Was it a war crime? Yes.

However, that is not a reason to add an extra 2 or 3 zeros to the number of people wilfully starved to death in those camps. it was 3000 to 10000, not millions. Atrocious as this was, German soldiers were generally better off in US or British internment than in Soviet internment because

a) many prisoners were kept in much better conditions by the US and UK forces
b) The Germans in US/UK captivity returned home a few months later, those in Russia were kept in mines until the mid 1950s
c) Higher mortality rate in Soviet internment

After all, there is a reason why many German soldiers fled west at the end of the war, right into British and US prison camps. Those who ended up in the "Rheinwiesenlager" were in for an unpleasant surprise though.

You'll forgive us if we don't shed any tears for German POW's after the Second World War. They had spent years trying their best to kill their enemies and establish the "Master Race' as dominant. Screw them.

Here's a little history lesson, because I know that Tavarish isn't the only one on the forum that actually believes that American aircraft naped that little girl.

Unfortunately the public never realized that no American had involvement in this incident near Trang Bang that burned Phan Thi Kim Phuc. The planes doing the bombing near the village were VNAF ( South Vietnam Air Force) and were being flown by Vietnamese pilots in support of ARVN troops on the ground.

The Vietnamese pilot who dropped the napalm in error is currently living in the United States. Even the AP photographer, Nick Ut, who took the picture was Vietnamese. The incident in the photo took place on the second day of a three day battle between the North Vietnamese Army (NVA) who occupied the village of Trang Bang and the ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) who were trying to force the NVA out of the village.

The Truth About Trang Bang Incident

Notice, also, that the napalm run was dropped on the wrong target and civilians WEREN'T targeted intentionally.

Here's a sample of what the wonder Soviets did during the war:

"Two of the soldiers (Russian) were playing football. ... everytime it (the ball) flew through the air there were two streamers sticking out of it and flapping about. She saw a little girl's head, neatly severed at the neck, covered in blood, the face quite unrecognisable as human. The streamers she had seen flapping about, were two plaits that might once have been blonde but were now caked with blood and dirt. One Russian picked it up by the plaits and threw it to his comrade who continued the game."

"A Russian soldier came walking out the door, buttoning his trousers. She saw her friend....she was lying almost naked from the waist down, her tracksuit trousers in tatters on the floor. Where her eyes used to be, were two blood encrusted holes, where he had driven his knife in. Her throat had been cut and there was a large pool of blood where her head had almost been severed."

BBC - WW2 People's War - Berlin. Late 1944-1945. Surviving the Russian Atrocities

Americans didn't nape those kids. That was an ARVN operation and South Vietnamese pilots were flying those aircraft. They were attacking communist units that had retrested into the village, using the villagers as human shields.

Thr bottom pic? They're terrorists, so screw!em.

Of course! HEH-heh. And commander of the 1st Platoon Lieutenant William Kelly - Santa Claus. He brought gifts to the My lai. Heh-heh. Incidentally, the photos of Abu Ghraib man himself wanted the running knot?

Last edited:

Here's a sample of what the wonder Soviets did during the war:

Stephen King? Or Dr. Goebbels? Heh-heh. And I have a movie.

In Soviet Russia, war crimes accuse YOU.

In Soviet Russia, war crimes accuse YOU.

What war crimes in Soviet Russia? You are highly susceptible to propaganda by people like McCain. I wonder why you do not recall the "Gulag" and deceitful writer Solzhenitsyn. Heh-heh. You know that the first concentration camp was established in Russia British, by the during the intervention in Arkhangelsk? Incidentally, concentration camp - this content without trial and sentencing. Guantanamo - concentration camp in the 21st century. The Government of the United States in violation of the constitution, keeps track of all its citizens, read personal mail .... And you write about war crimes Russia? Heh-heh.

Stephen King? Or Dr. Goebbels? Heh-heh. And I have a movie.

Oh yeah?

Is that all you got?

Oh yeah?

Is that all you got?

What would you like to see more? My Lai? Abu Ghraib? Guantanamo?.... This warm-up. Heh-heh.

Back
Top Bottom