• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eight of the top ten murder states voted for Trump

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
20220327_111644.jpg

Attachments

• 20220327_111636.jpg
    20220327_111636.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
Nitpicking and off topic, but "Top Ten States with the Highest Murder Rates" is a really stupid headline. Like "highest murder rate" needs a top 10? And redundant.

Might it not be that people living in high crime States will vote for someone they think is serious about law and order?

Doesn't really mean anything. It's like all the idiot rednecks on this forum claiming that all crime only occurs in "blue cities". It doesn't matter. Crime is crime. We're all Americans. Lets just fix it instead of pointing fingers.

Might it not be that people living in high crime States will vote for someone they think is serious about law and order?
Then why haven't the rates come down?

Doesn't really mean anything. It's like all the idiot rednecks on this forum claiming that all crime only occurs in "blue cities". It doesn't matter. Crime is crime. We're all Americans. Lets just fix it instead of pointing fingers.
You are right of course. And it would be nice if some of those rednecks would appreciate the point, but I don't think they will. In fact, I'm willing to bet the "crime worse in blue cities" argument will come up in this thread- if it hasn't already.

Wait, why isn't Illinois in there? I mean Chicago is the got-to deflection for RWNJs when murder rates are discussed, and you're telling me they aren't even in the top ten?
Based on the OP it's about states where Trump won, so I assume the graphic was including just those; Illinois didn't go for Trump. The stats referenced by MSNBC have Illinois in 9th place out of 10.

The right cannot claim any relation to law and order after January 6th, 2021.
They still say they are for law and order, but the problem is they also want to eliminate laws and Constitutional bothers that are "problematic" for them, oh and they want to become a white nationalist ethnostate.

Wait, why isn't Illinois in there? I mean Chicago is the got-to deflection for RWNJs when murder rates are discussed, and you're telling me they aren't even in the top ten?

Chicago is high, in terms of the absolutely number of murders, because it is so large.

However in terms of murder rates, while still significant, it is lower than many of it's smaller peers, having about half the rate of the deadlier major cities.

It trails other major cities like Las Vegas, Kansas, Memphis, etc.

Based on the OP it's about states where Trump won, so I assume the graphic was including just those; Illinois didn't go for Trump. The stats referenced by MSNBC have Illinois in 9th place out of 10.
Nope. It showed all ten including two that didn't go to tRump.

That's not my take-away at all, given that the OP has data showing two of the Biden States are in the top 10 (NM, GA).

Truth of the matter is Chicago's murder rate is only about half of the rate of America's highest murder rate major cities.

Chicago is high, in terms of the absolutely number of murders, because it is so large.

However in terms of murder rates, while still significant, it is lower than many of it's smaller peers, having about half the rate of the deadlier major cities.

It trails other major cities like Las Vegas, Kansas, Memphis, etc.
Yes, I am aware. I was engaging in hyperbolic sarcasm to make a point.

Nope. It showed all ten including two that didn't go to tRump.
Yeah, you're right, apologies. That's interesting though because in all of the stats that I've seen Illinois ranks higher than Georgia. I'd be curious to see where MSNBC sourced that list. I checked the CDC and some of the data matches while others don't.

Keep em' poor and dumb and this is what happens.
Everywhere you go the high crime places are the high poverty places.
That principle applies to lots of questions around murder and crime in general.

I don't make the news, I just pass it along.

You are right of course. And it would be nice if some of those rednecks would appreciate the point, but I don't think they will. In fact, I'm willing to bet the "crime worse in blue cities" argument will come up in this thread- if it hasn't already.
Of course it will. Republicans don't want to solve anything - they just want to convince Americans Democrats are Responsible for all their ills.

Republicans can't lead. They dont' want to. They just want to protect their elitist buddies. That's it. They're traitors.

We're all Americans. Lets just fix it

LOL. That aint happening.
Its being "fixed" as we speak by more and more states allowing every mouth breathing idiot to walk around with a gun without so much as a laughable "safety" course.
The US is going backward, its getting worse by the day, it isnt going to be "fixed" is my guess.
Now criminals have been emboldened to go ahead and challenge Police, guns are flying off the shelves faster than ever, murder rates and shootings are spiking substantially after declining for years.
Good luck with the Gun Nut Nayshun, you'll need it.

NO; The Right Wing white people in these states vote for who supports the most "White Nationalist Former Confederacy Ideals"

Back
Top Bottom