• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eight more, and counting.

Yep, freedom is the “root cause” of crime.

There’s lots of causes of crime, but the root cause of gun violence in this country is unfettered access to guns.

I never said that. Sex is only licit within marriage. I think most women would be good with that. It helps them.
Again....wow....just wow

Again....wow....just wow
That's what you say when you can't refute it.
I don't know why the surprise that most women want a responsible man who will commit. You must not know women.

I don't know why the surprise that most women want a responsible man who will commit
As do most men but that has squat to do with having sex without being married. Sex and marriage ain't no horse and carriage......you can have one without the other.

I guess you're missing a point here. If someone is loony enough to want to kill themselves, then we cant really stop them, agreed. What we can do is remove as many of the tools available to them to kill innocent people. It really is pretty simple.

If everyone and their brother, their cousin, their daddy and their best friend did not own firearms, then your reasoning for self defense would go away. One action solves two problems. I have never been a big fan of guns, but really never cared too much about gun owners. Unfortunately, it has gotten to far out of control in the US for comfort now.
there are over 400 million guns in the USA. we have open borders. Many of us won't give up firearms we own. so your dreams of a disarmed America will not happen

Yes, that was my point. You don’t know how many people didn’t die because of regulation in the auto industry. Simply saying more people die in auto accidents than from guns is meaningless. If you got rid of guns and gun death, that would be less deaths overall.
And? You can greatly reduce current auto deaths as well.

People have snapped their twigs. That's what this is about.

COVID has kept people, from kids to the elderly, locked up. From fear to being isolated to having one's routine FUBARed. After awhile, that screws up the attic wiring.

I remember from the 2004 (?) Dawn of the Dead remake, on the DVD there was an "extra" that consisted of a news broadcast about the slow spread of the zombie outbreak. The news anchor was interviewing a shrink who also was book-peddling (titled "U.S.ABomb") about how "these people don't have some hoodoo voodoo disease. This is a result of a pent-up rage. It's the 'snapped postal worker' on a national level." (something like that).

I think we're seeing that here. The riots last year. The riots so far this year. The mass shootings this year. Not to mention the overdoses & suicides that have increased.
Sorry, but the gun problem in this country existed way before Covid. It's only a little worse since Covid. And really that's no excuse anyway.

there are over 400 million guns in the USA. we have open borders. Many of us won't give up firearms we own. so your dreams of a disarmed America will not happen

We do not have open borders. That’s a lie.

Back
Top Bottom