• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egyptian Military Ousts Morsi,Suspends Constitution

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Ben Shapiro
July 3, 2013

On Wednesday, Gen. Abdel Fatah Said Al-Sisi announced a military coup in Egypt. He said that the Constitution had been suspended, that early elections would take place, and that there would be a “code of ethics” for the media. He stated that the chief of the Constitutional court would be taking charge during a transitional period before another election. He said the new government would be “diverse and include all the people,” and that the constitution would be revised to reverse changes made by ousted Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/07/03/Egypt-military-ousts-Morsi

Obama's Muslim Brotherhood no longer in power. Rhetoric indicates that the bloodless coups may become bloody by Islamists.

How come it's Obama's Muslim brotherhood? is it the military support that was supposed to go to the military which mind you was responsible for the coup and has the support of the people?

Nvm -- there's even a wiki entry on conservative Obama-Muslim Brotherhood conspiracy theories, my bad.

Last edited:
Anybody wanna bet me 5 bucks this second "revolution" goes just as badly as the first one did?

By Ben Shapiro
July 3, 2013

On Wednesday, Gen. Abdel Fatah Said Al-Sisi announced a military coup in Egypt. He said that the Constitution had been suspended, that early elections would take place, and that there would be a “code of ethics” for the media. He stated that the chief of the Constitutional court would be taking charge during a transitional period before another election. He said the new government would be “diverse and include all the people,” and that the constitution would be revised to reverse changes made by ousted Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Egyptian Military Ousts Morsi, Suspends Constitution

Obama's Muslim Brotherhood no longer in power. Rhetoric indicates that the bloodless coups may become bloody by Islamists.

When did the Muslim Brotherhood become Obama's Muslim Brotherhood?

Care to post a link detailing the change of command?

I'll bet a Dollar to a bagel that no one, including Americas right wing gains anything from this kerfuffle.

Your commitment to partisan talking points is as intense as the Muslim Brotherhood's. What irony.

Who cares?

Anybody wanna bet me 5 bucks this second "revolution" goes just as badly as the first one did?

I'll bet a dollar to a wooden nickel that it ends up just as great as the first one did for the Egyptian people, the region and the world.

Just a wild guess on my part.

The region seems to be on a steady downhill slide.

I'll bet a dollar to a wooden nickel that it ends up just as great as the first one did for the Egyptian people, the region and the world.

It's like 4000 BC all over again.

It's like 4000 BC all over again.

I vote that we let the Italians clean up the mess

And give them the Pizza and Coca Cola franchises.

Let's sell arms to both sides and sit back and watch the games begin.

You may be right in what you wrote, especially if Obama continues to claim that the Muslim Brotherhood stay in power. We have seen what the Muslim Brotherhood has wrought on Egypt and the areas around them. Remember it's been Barack Hussein Obama that has touted the Muslim Brotherhood as peaceful. That has proven a fallacy.

Obama’s Statement on Egypt (still sides with Morsi)​

As I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law. Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force.

The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama’s Statement on Egypt - Washington Wire - WSJ

Well, I guess I was right. Obama supports Morsi although he's been thrown out and still supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Especially in the US.

You may be right in what you wrote, especially if Obama continues to claim that the Muslim Brotherhood stay in power. We have seen what the Muslim Brotherhood has wrought on Egypt and the areas around them. Remember it's been Barack Hussein Obama that has touted the Muslim Brotherhood as peaceful.

When are you going to start posting some links to support the malarkey that you constantly post?

They have to throw out one corrupt cretin to make room for the next one.

They have to throw out one corrupt cretin to make room for the next one.

Mighty close to what I was thinking: How long will it be before the new guy is less popular than the old guy.

Hard to keep people happy when you have very little money, and Egypt is a poor country with little to sell.

Mighty close to what I was thinking: How long will it be before the new guy is less popular than the old guy.

Hard to keep people happy when you have very little money, and Egypt is a poor country with little to sell.

This arises from government corruption. Wherever you have cheap labor, you should be able to build a business base. The government hasn't done anything to encourage that. No reason you can't build things in Egypt. You can build them in India, China and a ton of other places.

When he continued to send a billion dollars there every year.

Do you think that the USA should unilaterally renounce the obligations that it assumed in connection with the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty back in 1979?

President Obama did not sign that treaty.

Do you think that the USA should unilaterally renounce the obligations that it assumed in connection with the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty back in 1979?

President Obama did not sign that treaty.
I would actually have no problem with that. Why should we give a country money or be paid not to wage war?

Back
Top Bottom