• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egyptian Journalist Describes 'Absolute Prosperity' in Gaza

That's an absurd claim because these people are hardly living large and I assure you if we were to compare similar groups in any part of the world you will find much of the same disparities. It's just a tactic to blame Hamas for a situation Israel intentionally created. Israel wanted Gaza to suffer economically and clear it has suffered. Yet somehow Israel getting exactly what it wanted with its policy is actually not Israel's fault.

Yeah, you keep saying that. I've heard that line for years now. Yet we are starting to find out that line is nothing more than PR spin in favor of Hamas/Palastein.

Why ? am I expected to call my official enemy a blooming rose or a bird of paradise ?

You live in France and hate Israel.

I think I might break my keyboard giggling at you.

You live in France and hate Israel.

I think I might break my keyboard giggling at you.

One is amazed and the other giggles. I'm happy to entertain.
I'm of Lebanese origin Mr Vicchio, that's why Israel is my official enemy.

Yeah, you keep saying that. I've heard that line for years now. Yet we are starting to find out that line is nothing more than PR spin in favor of Hamas/Palastein.

This is just plain insane honestly. When it comes to Israel, you seem to think the sun shines out their asses. Even though Israel deliberately implemented a policy intending for Gaza to suffer severe economic despair you seek to blame Hamas for the situation. I assure you there is no way in hell the resources put into these few second-rate hotels and malls would provide much support if it were distributed among the million or so Gazans living in poverty.

I don't give a rats ass where you are from. You have no reason to hate Israel, you do it because you are TOLD too.

This is just plain insane honestly. When it comes to Israel, you seem to think the sun shines out their asses. Even though Israel deliberately implemented a policy intending for Gaza to suffer severe economic despair you seek to blame Hamas for the situation. I assure you there is no way in hell the resources put into these few second-rate hotels and malls would provide much support if it were distributed among the million or so Gazans living in poverty.

I do blame Hamas. Hamas keeps trying to kill Israelis and pushes for the Destruction of the State of Israel. YES, they, HAMAS are to blame.

I don't give a rats ass where you are from. You have no reason to hate Israel, you do it because you are TOLD too.

No dear to do what I have been TOLD to makes of me soomeone who is dumb and brainwashed and I take that as a major insult.

It does matter that I'm of Lebanese origin because I lived through the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. I didn't have to be TOLD anything because I have eyes to see and ears to hear.
I saw with my own eyes the brutality with which my fellow citizens were treated by Israeli soldiers. I'm not talking about battle, I'm talking about day to day brutality and humiliation for no reason at all except for personal sadistic satisfaction.
It is not easy to forget and to forgive when you have been a victim but at least I have made an effort to meet Israelis and to befriend them and my effort was worth it because I have met some fantastic people.

So perhaps you should try not to judge people in the Middle East all the way from Texas and keep your rat's ass there.

It is fascinating to note how I'm able to have a more or less decent debate with Israelis on this forum (heated but civilised most of the time) and the discussion turns sour and insulting with members from the USA.
In French we call those outsiders to the problem "plus royaliste que le roi"

I have learnt alot from the Israeli members and I'm sure that some of my posts have opened their eyes to certain realities as well and that's what makes my being on this forum worthwhile.

There is a huge difference between those who speak from experience and those who are "google informed"

No dear to do what I have been TOLD to makes of me soomeone who is dumb and brainwashed and I take that as a major insult.

It does matter that I'm of Lebanese origin because I lived through the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. I didn't have to be TOLD anything because I have eyes to see and ears to hear.
I saw with my own eyes the brutality with which my fellow citizens were treated by Israeli soldiers. I'm not talking about battle, I'm talking about day to day brutality and humiliation for no reason at all except for personal sadistic satisfaction.
It is not easy to forget and to forgive when you have been a victim but at least I have made an effort to meet Israelis and to befriend them and my effort was worth it because I have met some fantastic people.

So perhaps you should try not to judge people in the Middle East all the way from Texas and keep your rat's ass there.

You are so full of ****. You have some Israeli friends!! But Israel is your sworn enemy!

We have people like you here too, "I have some black friends, but I hate me some niggers".

BTW, Israel invaded Lebanon, because the PLO kept launching rockets at civilians, cause some PLO offshoot tried to kill their ambassador, because they had to stomp on those trying to KILL THEM.

Last edited:
I do blame Hamas. Hamas keeps trying to kill Israelis and pushes for the Destruction of the State of Israel. YES, they, HAMAS are to blame.

Naturally when I point the critical failing in your absurd accusation you change tactics. Instead of saying Hamas deliberately creates poverty in Gaza you are now arguing that the belligerent behavior of Hamas is to blame. Of course, the state of poverty as you and others have noted has not impacted Hamas, but only the average Palestinian. So why has Israel kept this policy up?

You are so full of ****. You have some Israeli friends!! But Israel is your sworn enemy!

We have people like you here too, "I have some black friends, but I hate me some niggers".

BTW, Israel invaded Lebanon, because the PLO kept launching rockets at civilians, cause some PLO offshoot tried to kill their ambassador, because they had to stomp on those trying to KILL THEM.

You are absolutely right. I am full of **** and a racist. The equivalent of "nigger" haters in the U.S. but the anti-Semitic version.

Israel is not my enemy at all, I should even be thankful to Israel.
I heard the Lebanese Embassy in Jerusalem is looking for a secretary, perhaps I should apply.

Anything else you'd like to add ?

What truth is that exactly? The fact that a terrorist organization is getting wealthier by the day and only shares its riches with like minded people and leaves the rest of the country it's supposed to be running to poverty? I'm really not sure what truth I'm supposed to be celebrating here.

Perhaps not a reason to celebrate, but certainly a good representation of the class struggle within the Muslim civilization. Over the last century, few families have emerged as the land owners at the expense of the rest. It's this upper class that has formed the political parties and guided the region down certain paths. Palestine is no different and it is very much an internal struggle that has nothingto do with the outside anymore. European colonization may have facilitated the economic separation between the masses and the extreme few, but they have created what you see today.

Muslims between Tunisia and Pakistan overwhelmingly agree that economic inequality and the lack of civil rights to decide destiny is the culprit behind their failing civilization.

Last edited:
Anything else you'd like to add ?

Well, he certainly didn't call Lebanon a "cancer" or a "monster", that's for sure.

Well, he certainly didn't call Lebanon a "cancer" or a "monster", that's for sure.

I will

Lebanon is a cancer and monster.

Are you happy ?

edit: and Israel is the greatest nation on earth

Anything else ?

Last edited:
It is fascinating to note how I'm able to have a more or less decent debate with Israelis on this forum (heated but civilised most of the time) and the discussion turns sour and insulting with members from the USA.

That's because...

One, you are French ( - had to do it).

Two, most Americans are programmed to think Disneyland extends beyond their borders. They have not experienced what it is like to have political disagreement fall into violence and civil disturbance on a large scale. They are shocked over events that local people have to deal with every day. They do not have a sense for understanding the complete issue, because they are bombarded with media pundits and opinionated reporters who either cater to a basic belief or they do not. Despite the Cold War period, Americans still very much cater to an isolationalist view point and care more about the state of their nation than the state of the world. We tend to look inward, which results in the extreme ignorance you will encounter in regards to worldy events. Most haven't come to the conclusion that their way of life greatly depends on the health of foreign nations and regions. On another note, not all Americans are like this. Some are either constantly thrust out into the screwed up world that Europe created or find it of natural interest to understand beyond the television persona that only ever offers bits and pieces.

Of course, Europeans have an element of ignorance across its region as well. The difference is that because of the close proximity with other nations, Europeans have a sense of worldy events that Americans simply don't have to deal with. European perspectives have been shaped by historical occurrences Americans will probably never encounter. Shoot, even before 9/11 terrorism was a foreign problem.

Last edited:

In the 1970s when the PLO took over the southern part of lebanon and instituted checkpoints, murdering people - were they your enemy too?

In the last 15 years when hezbollah took over the southern part of lebanon and instituted checkpoints, murdering people - were they your enemy too?

Why would israel be your enemy when it was both of these groups - externally controlled and funded - that initiated wars with israel from lebanese soil? Wouldn't a thinking person grasp that israel attacked lebanon to stop these external groups, and not the lebanese?

There is a huge difference between those who speak from experience and those who are "google informed"

This post coming from you is truly hilarious.

Naturally when I point the critical failing in your absurd accusation you change tactics. Instead of saying Hamas deliberately creates poverty in Gaza you are now arguing that the belligerent behavior of Hamas is to blame. Of course, the state of poverty as you and others have noted has not impacted Hamas, but only the average Palestinian. So why has Israel kept this policy up?

Again, the israel haters complain about everything israel does - but never, ever has a suggestion of what israel should do as an alternative.

I will

Lebanon is a cancer and monster.

Are you happy ?

edit: and Israel is the greatest nation on earth

Anything else ?

Am I happy?

Not with anything you say, certainly, but I am happy with my life in general. My wife is beautiful and brilliant, my kids are terrific, my dog thinks I am the greatest, and I have few complaints.

In the 1970s when the PLO took over the southern part of lebanon and instituted checkpoints, murdering people - were they your enemy too?

In the last 15 years when hezbollah took over the southern part of lebanon and instituted checkpoints, murdering people - were they your enemy too?

Why would israel be your enemy when it was both of these groups - externally controlled and funded - that initiated wars with israel from lebanese soil? Wouldn't a thinking person grasp that israel attacked lebanon to stop these external groups, and not the lebanese?

And WHO on earth told you that I ever supported the fact that the Palestinains built a state within a state and attacked Israel from Lebanon.

And WHO on earth told you that I'm not aware that if someone's going to bring Lebanon's end it's going to be Hizbollah.

You think We (Middle Easterners) are just dumb and brainwashed. You have made up your mind on cliches havan't you ?

On teh other hand what's the point in Israelis soldiers mistreatment and humiliation of civilians just because they are Arab ? What's the point in ruthlessly and systematically destroying our infrustructure ? What's the point in firing at and killing FLEEING CIVILAINS ???

You can deny all you want ! I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES !!!!!!! believe it or not, I DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S **** !!!!

Last edited:
This post coming from you is truly hilarious.

Hahahaha
mwahahhhahahahahahha
wahahahahahhaha

soooo funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, the israel haters complain about everything israel does - but never, ever has a suggestion of what israel should do as an alternative.

and even when they come right out and say how much they hate Israel, and reference every known hate sight on the internet, they still deny it is hate that motivates them.

Seems to me that Israel is really just a convenient target for all sorts of personal issues. That much obsession with demonizing this one tiny group of people just isn't the product of a healthy psyche.

and even when they come right out and say how much they hate Israel, and reference every known hate sight on the internet, they still deny it is hate that motivates them.

Seems to me that Israel is really just a convenient target for all sorts of personal issues. That much obsession with demonizing this one tiny group of people just isn't the product of a healthy psyche.
Gardener, have you noticed that you use the words "hate" and "anti-Semite" in almost all of your posts ?

Gardener, have you noticed that you use the words "hate" and "anti-Semite" in almost all of your posts ?

Have you noticed how you have a tendency to say things that aren't true?

Have you noticed how you have a tendency to say things that aren't true?

Of course but that's normal, I'm an uneducated and brainwashed Lebanese.

edit: and dishonest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom