• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egyptian actress Rania Youssef charged (up to 5 years in prison ) over revealing dress.

Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?

• YES

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
look like Egypt has solved all other its problems. ...Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?

_104581480_mediaitem104581479.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46414052

look like Egypt has solved all other its problems. ...Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?

Well the left don't seem like the type to impose such laws here, and the right being the party of perverts like Trump and Kavanaugh are more like to charge her for not revealing enough so no. Those types of laws aren't close here at all.

As a sovereign nation, the US has no say about the internal laws of Egypt,

Nø need for litwinesque provocateurs.

Egypt's authoritarian al-Sisi is another bud of Trump.

On the bright side, she won't be dismembered.

Well the left don't seem like the type to impose such laws here, and the right being the party of perverts like Trump and Kavanaugh are more like to charge her for not revealing enough so no. Those types of laws aren't close here at all.

TRUMP CARD...

First response even.

Trump? I am surprised you didn't play the race card!

I beg to differ here but I must point out such dress in the Amish/Mennonite or Muslim communities do have such laws.

Cher did worse than that in the 80s and we all lived through it. Egypt needs to stop ****ing up its tourism industry.

Trump? I am surprised you didn't play the race card!

I beg to differ here but I must point out such dress in the Amish/Mennonite or Muslim communities do have such laws.

Freedom of religion means that religious communities can have dress codes if they want too. They don't have the weight of law. The Amish, Muslims or fundamentalist Mormons won't be imposing their dress codes on the rest of us.

So you say you want diversity but refuse to respect the cultural values of another nation. You're outraged Egypt has a dress code. Let me get this straight; diversity is great so long as they are just like us.

You're hypocrites.

Poll: Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?
I have no idea for there's no telling what "moralists" may see fit to rail against or condone.

Most such folks strike me as profoundly irrational, and there's no way to reliably predict all such characters will or won't do. By my observation, such folks can generally find a reason to exculpate pretty much anyone/any behavior. The weather is less mercurial than are "moralists."

no vote, of course ..again
What is wrong with " I do not know" ??
What I find to be disturbing are the two YES votes...
Ten years ago I posted that Islamic nations are overly conservative and backward .. this is still true ..they will need centuries to catch up ..

Freedom of religion means that religious communities can have dress codes if they want too. They don't have the weight of law. The Amish, Muslims or fundamentalist Mormons won't be imposing their dress codes on the rest of us.

He is asking if it will happen here.

There are already such laws in the USA. Pretty much everywhere has such laws. Its just a matter of degree.
Ever hear the joke with the punchline, "We already decided what you are. Now we're just haggling over the price."?
Same applies to all laws based on religion.

Why can't I walk naked on a downtown street?

Yes yes yes... the left is the party of all good and morality and the right is the debil!!!!

:yawn:

So you say you want diversity but refuse to respect the cultural values of another nation. You're outraged Egypt has a dress code. Let me get this straight; diversity is great so long as they are just like us.

You're hypocrites.

check put pictures from Muslims countries 19 first part of 20c. than we will talk. you talk about salafi-wahhabist cultural values , which have very little to do with Egypt and its old culture

Back
Top Bottom