• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egyptian actress Rania Youssef charged (up to 5 years in prison ) over revealing dress.

Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?

• YES

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We live in a society where "He said a couple of not choice words, he must be crucified"
you have a point here, in same time in Muscovy you can say literally anything and get away with it, as long as its not against vova putler. and this is even more wrong

check put pictures from Muslims countries 19 first part of 20c. than we will talk. you talk about salafi-wahhabist cultural values , which have very little to do with Egypt and its old culture

Whatever it is, it's their culture. You don't get a say. Don't like it, just don't go there.

Why can't I walk naked on a downtown street?

Damned if I know. Nudity is impractical due to weather and hazards to sensitive parts, but if you want to take the risk, I'd have no objection. You're right, we do have laws requiring you to cover at least a small portion of your body, but violating them is a minor offense. Not something that will land you in prison for 5 years. It's more a matter of accepted cultural norms and standards than anything else.

Whatever it is, it's their culture. You don't get a say. Don't like it, just don't go there.

no its not, its product of salafi/wahhabi propaganda and valiance. here some picture from Egypt, before KSA took over Egyptian religious schools

cairopeople.jpg

King Farouk and his sisters in the 1930s

1941cairowoman.jpg

Pedestrians in Cairo, 1941

888c594ad737be89055b6a3adf5b1daf.jpg

1910s woman - Cairo, Egypt

310E44BF00000578-0-image-a-67_1455110471717.jpg

In Australia, reporter Patricia Karvelas was ejected from the press gallery in parliament because her top exposed too much skin. This reminds me of when the far right evangelicals frothed at the mouth when Michelle Obama wore a sleeveless dress. She was called a whore for exposing too much flesh. But Malaria's pics were elegant and artistic according to Pat Robertson!!!patricia karvales and her top.jpgMichelle-Obama-G.jpgIvanka-Trump-see-through-nipple-pic.jpg

look like Egypt has solved all other its problems. ...Will moralists of different kind support such laws in USA?

_104581480_mediaitem104581479.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46414052

I said Yes with an asterisk - clothing laws in the US will happily be applied to those races that desire it, specifically Americans of Middle Eastern origin. We'll have Sharia courts so those American citizens of certain races can practice their 'original' culture.

Thankfully, those American races that aren't associated with draconian clothing laws, such as whites of European descent, won't be expected to follow Sharia.

Melanoma will be travelling to Egypt soon to spread her ...be best...message. Here's the dress she is going to wear when she speaks to kindergarten children about bullying.melania trump chain dress.jpg

"Interesting" nickname for the first lady...how sad that anyone would think that smart and witty....

Well the left don't seem like the type to impose such laws here, and the right being the party of perverts like Trump and Kavanaugh are more like to charge her for not revealing enough so no. Those types of laws aren't close here at all.

Still calling people perverts without any proof of wrong doing, and liberals say the right is separating us, what a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: the thread title.

YES.

Some Americans sincerely believe that women who dress provocatively are not totally blameless if some creep then does something illegal to them.

(P.S. And don't forget: Our great "friend" Egypt also forces some suspected gay men to undergo rectal exams. No doubt some Americans would like that to happen here, too. The Pope has just told gays to leave the priesthood. Are rectal exams in order?)

I said Yes with an asterisk - clothing laws in the US will happily be applied to those races that desire it, specifically Americans of Middle Eastern origin. We'll have Sharia courts so those American citizens of certain races can practice their 'original' culture.

Thankfully, those American races that aren't associated with draconian clothing laws, such as whites of European descent, won't be expected to follow Sharia.

If there are Sharia courts they'll be private, not government. In this country, laws apply to everyone regardless of religion.

If there are Sharia courts they'll be private, not government. In this country, laws apply to everyone regardless of religion.

So far yes, but eventually certain races will need special treatment. The UK, with 5 times as many middle Easterners, has Sharia courts that are legally enforced when used with binding arbitration.

I believe that laws and standards should be enforced regardless of race, but that's not the way the Western world is going.

no its not, its product of salafi/wahhabi propaganda and valiance. here some picture from Egypt, before KSA took over Egyptian religious schools

cairopeople.jpg

King Farouk and his sisters in the 1930s

1941cairowoman.jpg

Pedestrians in Cairo, 1941

888c594ad737be89055b6a3adf5b1daf.jpg

1910s woman - Cairo, Egypt

310E44BF00000578-0-image-a-67_1455110471717.jpg

I understand Egypt used to have a more liberal dress code. Now they don't. And now Egyptian women have a new standard. That's how cultural goes. It's still their cultural.

Melanoma will be travelling to Egypt soon to spread her ...be best...message. Here's the dress she is going to wear when she speaks to kindergarten children about bullying.View attachment 67245339

Melania at least has the bod to carry that off. Would look great on her. On Michele, not so much. She's built like a man anyways, so no appeal there. Maybe Michele appeals to the trans people. Melania would be welcome to address my group any day of the week in that "dress".

And there should be a law prohibiting fat women from wearing those stretchy yoga pants. And tank tops. If that's Sharia, I'm all for Sharia. Some women just need to be covered up.

As a sovereign nation, the US has no say about the internal laws of Egypt,

Nø need for litwinesque provocateurs.

If you live in socially repressed nations that are overly influenced by archaic religious cults, you pay the price if you anger the powers that be. She should move to the USA or some European nations where she could dress like that and the most likely people who would complain are younger women who don't have a figure like hers

I understand Egypt used to have a more liberal dress code. Now they don't. And now Egyptian women have a new standard. That's how cultural goes. It's still their cultural.

no its not their, its Saudis export , which has nothing to do with Egypt

If you live in socially repressed nations that are overly influenced by archaic religious cults, you pay the price if you anger the powers that be. She should move to the USA or some European nations where she could dress like that and the most likely people who would complain are younger women who don't have a figure like hers

You don't consider the US influenced by archaic religious cults? Hah. Objectively in history, the archaics of our cult is worse than theirs. We are just bigger hypocrites these days.

Back
Top Bottom