• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt Orders Arrest of Muslim Brotherhood Leader.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
yes.gif
About time.....now all the Egyptian Military needs to do is. Lock the rest of them up, and hunt down each and every last one of them. Which will then affect their Chapters in all those other countries and here in the US. This will also affect AQ. Looks like the MB will have to call back those out of Syria to come and make a stand with the rest. Moreover.....if any Sunni Clerics start getting out and calling for Jihad over this. Then add them to the List.....and began the systematic hunt down on those that want to keep chaos going.

Authorities escalated their crackdown Wednesday on the Muslim Brotherhood, ordering the arrest of its top leader for inciting violence this week in which more than 50 people were killed in clashes with security forces.

abca49a2f29d1916370f6a7067008b39.jpg

One week after the military overthrew President Mohammed Morsi and began moving against his Muslim Brotherhood movement, prosecutors issued a warrant for the arrest of the group's supreme leader, Mohammed Badie, as well as nine other leading Islamists.

According to a statement from the prosecutor general's office, they are suspected of instigating Monday's violence outside a Republican Guard building that grew into the worst bloodshed since Morsi was toppled.

The warrants highlight the armed forces' zero-tolerance policy toward the Brotherhood, which was banned under authoritarian leader Hosni Mubarak. The military already has jailed five Brotherhood leaders, including Badie's powerful deputy, Khairat el-Shaiter, and shut down its media outlets.

Foreign Ministry spokeman Badr Abdel-Atti gave the first official word on Morsi in days, saying the ousted leader is in a safe place and is being treated in a "very dignified manner." No charges have been leveled against him, Abdel-Atti said.....snip~

Egypt orders arrest of Muslim Brotherhood leader

yes.gif
About time.....now all the Egyptian Military needs to do is. Lock the rest of them up, and hunt down each and every last one of them. Which will then affect their Chapters in all those other countries and here in the US. This will also affect AQ. Looks like the MB will have to call back those out of Syria to come and make a stand with the rest. Moreover.....if any Sunni Clerics start getting out and calling for Jihad over this. Then add them to the List.....and began the systematic hunt down on those that want to keep chaos going.

Authorities escalated their crackdown Wednesday on the Muslim Brotherhood, ordering the arrest of its top leader for inciting violence this week in which more than 50 people were killed in clashes with security forces.

abca49a2f29d1916370f6a7067008b39.jpg

One week after the military overthrew President Mohammed Morsi and began moving against his Muslim Brotherhood movement, prosecutors issued a warrant for the arrest of the group's supreme leader, Mohammed Badie, as well as nine other leading Islamists.

According to a statement from the prosecutor general's office, they are suspected of instigating Monday's violence outside a Republican Guard building that grew into the worst bloodshed since Morsi was toppled.

The warrants highlight the armed forces' zero-tolerance policy toward the Brotherhood, which was banned under authoritarian leader Hosni Mubarak. The military already has jailed five Brotherhood leaders, including Badie's powerful deputy, Khairat el-Shaiter, and shut down its media outlets.

Foreign Ministry spokeman Badr Abdel-Atti gave the first official word on Morsi in days, saying the ousted leader is in a safe place and is being treated in a "very dignified manner." No charges have been leveled against him, Abdel-Atti said.....snip~

Egypt orders arrest of Muslim Brotherhood leader

Good for them.I hope it works out.

As to Morsi,I didn't like him but I hope he doesn't face
a sham trial like sometimes happens.

Anything that involves the MBH NOT being a factor in this crisis (or any other) is a good thing.

Good for them.I hope it works out.

As to Morsi,I didn't like him but I hope he doesn't face
a sham trial like sometimes happens.

Heya Penn. :2wave: Meh
shrug.gif
.....myself, I think he should get whatever his just rewards deserve. These guys do not believe in democracy. No matter how much they spout it out of their mouths.

It's difficult to build a system based on liberty and rule of law if you don't enshrine those things early. I hope that this isn't just an exercise of power. Building more resentment between two sides is going to cause more problems down the road. But I will echo the sentiments of others in the thread. Keeping the Muslim Brotherhood from instituting a fundamentalist theocracy is a great idea.

Once again the MB is crying and whining.....talking that smack.....and as usual making excuses for what they just cant outright Lie about. Even with our Politicians attempting to allow themselves to be tricked again. There is no changing the fact that the almost the entire Country of Egypt has risen up for the ouster of Morsi and the MB. No matter how much the MB wants to lie, attempt to give a different perspective other than what is actual reality. Coup? Is it really a Coup, wherein other than the MB itself all others want them out of power and not running anything in their Country? Anytime the MB speaks.....someone should be Right there.....just to put that smack Right into the back of their head. Hard.....real hard.
slap2.gif

Egypt's Brotherhood vows to keep defying coup.....

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood vowed Thursday to continue its "peaceful" resistance in defiance of the military's ouster of the country's Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
A Brotherhood statement also distanced the group from an assassination attempt Wednesday against a senior army commander in the Sinai Peninsula.

Morsi was Egypt's first freely elected president. He was ousted by the military on July 3, following a wave of protests by millions of Egyptians who took to the streets to call for his removal.

The Brotherhood's statement also denounced the assassination attempt against Maj. Gen. Ahmed Wasfi in the Sinai town of Rafah, near the border with Gaza, saying the group adheres to peaceful measures in line with what it says are the teachings of Islam.

Gunmen in a pickup truck opened fire on Wasfi's convoy late Wednesday, drawing fire from the accompanying troops, security officials said. The commander escaped unharmed but a 5-year-old girl was killed in the clashes, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media. One gunman was arrested.

The Brotherhood denounced the warrants for the arrest of Mohammed Badie and nine other leading Islamists for inciting violence that left dozens dead in Cairo on Monday, saying "dictatorship is back" and insisting it will never work with the interim rulers.

Leaders of the Brotherhood are believed to be taking refuge somewhere near a continuing sit-in by the group's supporters at the Rabaah al-Adawiya Mosque in eastern Cairo, but it is not clear if Badie also is there.

Security agencies have already jailed five leaders of the Brotherhood, including Badie's powerful deputy, Khairat el-Shaiter, and shut down its media outlets.

The prosecutor general's office said Badie, another deputy, Mahmoud Ezzat, senior member Mohammed El-Beltagy and popular preacher Safwat Hegazy are suspected of instigating Monday's clashes with security forces outside a Republican Guard building that killed 54 people — most of them Morsi supporters — in the worst bloodshed since he was ousted.....snip~

Egypt's Brotherhood vows to keep defying coup

I don't see anything positive or good in these actions or/and situation;
A. The Muslim Brotherhood is supported by millions and millions of Egyptians - Egypt is not only Cairo and Aleksandria.
To think that the Muslim Brotherhood would suddenly disappear (or that Egypt's problems would disappear) is just some dumb wishful thinking that is exercised by the West and the anti-Morsi revolutionaries on the streets.
B. The Muslim Brotherhood survived for more than 50 years under the previous regime, under oppression and persecution - there is no reason to think that they would not survive this time too.
C. The new "leaders" don't have anything new to propose - unless they can turn air into food, water and jobs they would fail to resurrect Egypt's economy without any serious foreign aid.
D. The new "leaders" are currently talking openly to the Salafis.

There are also more reasons for which i don't see anything cheerful in the current situation.

Cheers,
Fallen.

I don't see anything positive or good in these actions or/and situation;
A. The Muslim Brotherhood is supported by millions and millions of Egyptians - Egypt is not only Cairo and Aleksandria.
To think that the Muslim Brotherhood would suddenly disappear (or that Egypt's problems would disappear) is just some dumb wishful thinking that is exercised by the West and the anti-Morsi revolutionaries on the streets.
B. The Muslim Brotherhood survived for more than 50 years under the previous regime, under oppression and persecution - there is no reason to think that they would not survive this time too.
C. The new "leaders" don't have anything new to propose - unless they can turn air into food, water and jobs they would fail to resurrect Egypt's economy without any serious foreign aid.
D. The new "leaders" are currently talking openly to the Salafis.

There are also more reasons for which i don't see anything cheerful in the current situation.

Cheers,
Fallen.

Heya FA :2wave: .....nah not wishful thinking. Just not the Right Course of action. Also much of that support comes from the Sunni Clerics. Or rather I should say influence. Which as you know effects those that have and those that have not.

I could see those that would be ordinary common people that could choose their own leaders. Might be able to make the MB into something that was really for all their people and not their personal goals. Also, rather than be led by the leash from the Likes of the MB hierarchy and some Sunni Clerics.

Heya FA :2wave: .....nah not wishful thinking. Just not the Right Course of action. Also much of that support comes from the Sunni Clerics. Or rather I should say influence. Which as you know effects those that have and those that have not.

I could see those that would be ordinary common people that could choose their own leaders. Might be able to make the MB into something that was really for all their people and not their personal goals. Also, rather than be led by the leash from the Likes of the MB hierarchy and some Sunni Clerics.

Frankly, I didn't really get what you were trying to say here, can you elaborate or explain?

Cheers,
Fallen.

Frankly, I didn't really get what you were trying to say here, can you elaborate or explain?

Cheers,
Fallen.

Well FA.....the Egyptian people don't pick the leaders of the MB. The Rank and file don't have any say as to who those MB leaders are. Also I was saying to include the Sunni Clerics as they hold sway or influence over those leaders of the MB. Which that would be with Hunting them down. Until there is no more hierarchy within the MB, and until there are no more Sunni clerics running around with their Big mouths open and always calling for Jihad and or Chaos and War.

Hey,
I still don't completely get your position but that may be my fault and the fault of the empty Krombacher bottles on and underneath my table.

Well FA.....the Egyptian people don't pick the leaders of the MB. The Rank and file don't have any say as to who those MB leaders are.

It doesn't matter if their leaders were picked (or elected, what you probably meant to say) - they are not a democratic organisation but an Islamist one.
Their leaders are trusted and supported by the people underneath them, that believe in the same system of values, laws etc.

Also I was saying to include the Sunni Clerics as they hold sway or influence over those leaders of the MB. Which that would be with Hunting them down. Until there is no more hierarchy within the MB, and until there are no more Sunni clerics running around with their Big mouths open and always calling for Jihad and or Chaos and War.

What you are proposing (as far as i understood it) is to completely change the face of Egypt's society by force - i.e moderating it, and making it more "civil" by the way of the sword.
a. There are millions of people that support the same things as these clerics and leaders. If you would remove these clerics by force you are just doing what Mubarak did without addressing the problem... i.e the people - the society that supports and produces these clerics...so, unless you want to hunt down every Muslim Brotherhood supporter it's ain't gonna work.
b. The Muslim Brotherhood is connected to other players around the world (such as Qatar) - you are not going to make the Muslim Brotherhood go away unless you deal with their ideological, financial and political sources.
c. Look at the society they are creating right now - a society in which the Muslim Brotherhood is behind bars but the more extreme Salafis (with the support of Saudi Arabia) are debated with about Egypt's future?!?

Cheers,
Fallen.

Good news.....the Egyptian Military will take it to the MB once again. The MB does like to talk that garbage about how they will strike back and all. But I think this time the Egyptian military should take steps a bit further. One would be to remove any MB Sunni Clerics out of the public. Starting here puts them on a step to actually do something to start solving Egypts Problem as well as the rest of Africa and the ME.

More Good News is an Egyptian Civilian Court is investigating.....if Morsi is indicted of the Charges. The Penalty is Death. But it won't stop the MB from picking another to lead them. This when all others should jump into the Game. Thus reducing the MB's signature.....Worldwide. Let them know they are being hunted down. If necessary.....one by one.

AP EXCLUSIVE: Egypt military builds case on Morsi.....

c2b0659dff73af18380f6a706700dc2a.jpg

Egypt's criminal investigation against the ousted president, announced Friday, is likely just the start of wider legal moves against Mohammed Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood — ominous prospects for a country seething with violent divisions.

During Morsi's three weeks in secret detention, military intelligence agents have extensively questioned him on the inner workings of his presidency and of the Brotherhood, seeking to prove he committed crimes including handing state secrets to the Islamist group, military officials told The Associated Press.

Military intelligence has had sole access to him and has questioned him at least once a day, sometimes for up to five hours, the officials said. At times they have presented him voice recordings of his conversations to question him on them, they said.

Throughout, Morsi has been denied access to television and newspapers, they said. He has been moved at least three times between Defense Ministry facilities in armored vehicles under heavy guard. He is currently in a facility outside Cairo, they said, without elaborating.

The military appears not to have decided yet what to do with the information it is gathering. But the officials said it could be used to fuel the civilian prosecution already underway, indict other Brotherhood figures or to justify a more dramatic move: renewing the ban on the Muslim Brotherhood itself.

The group was banned for decades, but became legal after Mubarak's fall and was widely seen as the real power and decision-maker behind Morsi during his year in office. Morsi and the group denied it played any role.....snip~

AP EXCLUSIVE: Egypt military builds case on Morsi

The Egyptian Military called out the Entire Country.....guess what, they showed up. All at the same time that the Egyptian Military is pointing out to stop the terrorism created by the MB. The Country has answered. It would appear the MB's ass is on the outs! 54 mins ago from the Associated Press.

Millions rally in Egypt, responding to army call.....

The announcement by prosecutors of the investigation against Morsi, which is likely to pave the way to a formal indictment and eventually a trial, was the first word on his legal status since he was deposed by the military July 3. Since then, the Islamist leader has been held incommunicado in a secret location.

Both sides tried to show how much public support they enjoy. But the millions who turned out for the pro-army demonstrations overwhelmed the streets in multiple cities in Egypt, including some that rarely seen any rallies since the 2011 uprising.

Throngs of people turned out in Cairo's Tahrir Square and in other cities, answering a call by army chief Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, who urged them to give him a mandate to stop "potential terrorism" by supporters of Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood.

"The army is here to protect the people. They don't lie," said Ezzat Fahmi, a 38-year-old in the crowd. He said el-Sissi called the rallies "so the entire world can see that the Egyptian people don't want the Brotherhood anymore."

The interim leader, Adly Mansour, told the private TV station al-Hayat that his government seeks to include everyone, but it will not accept lawlessness, blocked roads and attacks on state institutions. He urged the pro-Morsi protesters to go home, promising they won't be pursued or arrested.

"I can't negotiate with whoever has committed a crime. But those who were duped or those who want to belong to Egyptian society, we welcome them," he said. But he added: "The state must interfere (against lawlessness) firmly."

A giant banner stretched across an entrance to Tahrir Square, the cradle of the 2011 uprising. It read: "The people, the source of all power, mandate the army and police to purge terrorism.".....snip~

Millions rally in Egypt, responding to army call

Back
Top Bottom