• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt Cuts Ties With Syria: Mohamed Morsi Orders Closing Of Damascus Embassy In Cairo

Re: Egypt Cuts Ties With Syria: Mohamed Morsi Orders Closing Of Damascus Embassy In C

Actually, Hamas moved away from Iran/Syria towards the Sunni world (i.e the Muslim Brotherhood - Egypt/Qatar) when the uprising began - Hamas might still enjoy from some partial Iranian support, however the influence of Iran on Hamas is far lesser to non existent at all.
The Syrian uprising grew to be a Sunnah vs Shia confrontation, and the Sunni Hamas isn't going to align itself with the Shia Iran in that war.

BBC News - Hamas political leaders leave Syria for Egypt and Qatar

Cheers,
Fallen.

Re: Egypt Cuts Ties With Syria: Mohamed Morsi Orders Closing Of Damascus Embassy In C

Actually, Hamas moved away from Iran/Syria towards the Sunni world (i.e the Muslim Brotherhood - Egypt/Qatar) when the uprising began - Hamas might still enjoy from some partial Iranian support, however the influence of Iran on Hamas is far lesser to non existent at all.
The Syrian uprising grew to be a Sunnah vs Shia confrontation, and the Sunni Hamas isn't going to align itself with the Shia Iran in that war.

BBC News - Hamas political leaders leave Syria for Egypt and Qatar

Cheers,
Fallen.

I think that works out for Hamas. Iran's influence in the Middle East is beginning to collapse, so Hamas can't rely too much on a dying power for its support. Hamas is probably hoping for a rebel victory at this point, they've begun to fight on the rebel side. A Syria controlled by Islamists is bound to be a good ally to Hamas.

I think that works out for Hamas. Iran's influence in the Middle East is beginning to collapse, so Hamas can't rely too much on a dying power for its support. Hamas is probably hoping for a rebel victory at this point, they've begun to fight on the rebel side. A Syria controlled by Islamists is bound to be a good ally to Hamas.

Indeed.
Unfortunately, the Western World (e.g Europe, US...) doesn't really understand the dangers and the consequences of supporting the Sunnah Islamists in the ME...
It wouldn't be a big problem for me if the west was digging only its own grave, though i must admit that it is still sad to watch this.
However, their lack of basic understanding of the region, incompetence, and sometimes plain stupidity also puts in danger other countries, that would have to deal with these problems after the west would be gone.

Cheers,
Fallen.

Indeed.
Unfortunately, the Western World (e.g Europe, US...) doesn't really understand the dangers and the consequences of supporting the Sunnah Islamists in the ME...
It wouldn't be a big problem for me if the west was digging only its own grave, though i must admit that it is still sad to watch this.
However, their lack of basic understanding of the region, incompetence, and sometimes plain stupidity also puts in danger other countries, that would have to deal with these problems after the west would be gone.

Cheers,
Fallen.

Well, truthfully there are some of us that understand the Sunni thoroughly.....and we are watching at all times. Something the Sunni best damn well not over-estimate. Even walking hand in hand with other Americans.

You mean by "liberating" Iran?

Surely not. The USA has no business "liberating" Iran.

While I prefer nation building, simply kicking the **** out of those scumbag terrorist tyrants would suffice.

Well, truthfully there are some of us that understand the Sunni thoroughly.....and we are watching at all times. Something the Sunni best damn well not over-estimate. Even walking hand in hand with other Americans.

Unfortunately,
it is a bit too little and too late, these that do understand the threats are only a minority among the various leaders, decision makers, top thinkers of Europe, US, Russia...

Cheers,
Fallen,

While I prefer nation building, simply kicking the **** out of those scumbag terrorist tyrants would suffice.

But supporting terrorist groups and extremists with arms is ok with you?

Talk about hypocrisy.

But supporting terrorist groups and extremists with arms is ok with you?

Talk about hypocrisy.

I already told you, if you will not accept that the West is doing everything it can to get the support to moderates (with assurances, verification and tracking) then we cannot debate. I will not accept the premise that the West is intent upon supporting Al Q.

I already told you, if you will not accept that the West is doing everything it can to get the support to moderates (with assurances, verification and tracking) then we cannot debate. I will not accept the premise that the West is intent upon supporting Al Q.

The West appears to be satisfied that the Free Syrian Army will "do its best" to prevent Western weapons from getting into the hands of extremists.

Sorry bro, but I'm not naive. We know where those weapons will end up.

The West appears to be satisfied that the Free Syrian Army will "do its best" to prevent Western weapons from getting into the hands of extremists.

Sorry bro, but I'm not naive. We know where those weapons will end up.

Because you know better than Obama, McCain, Clinton (both), the state department and everyone else (including all the officials in the Western world) who agree with me. Excuse me if I laugh, I'm not mosque educated. I ain't scared of no boogie man. Ain't no Al Nursing-on-terrorist-tit, Al Q, Assad, Hez, Hamas, Bashir, Al Shabaab or any other fundie muzzie piece of ****ing garbage will ever intimidate me.

Because we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

Because you know better than Obama, McCain, Clinton (both), the state department and everyone else (including all the officials in the Western world) who agree with me. Excuse me if I laugh, I'm not mosque educated. I ain't scared of no boogie man. Ain't no Al Nursing-on-terrorist-tit, Al Q, Assad, Hez, Hamas, Bashir, Al Shabaab or any other fundie muzzie piece of ****ing garbage will ever intimidate me.

Because we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

The various forces on the side of the Syrian rebellion are the "good guys"?

Really now.

Good guys don't massacre civilians, cut off peoples' heads, and use chemical weapons.. Yet these are some of the deeds of the rebels.

Good vs. evil? Talk about fantastically naive.

The various forces on the side of the Syrian rebellion are the "good guys"?

Really now.

Good guys don't massacre civilians, cut off peoples' heads, and use chemical weapons.. Yet these are some of the deeds of the rebels.

Good vs. evil? Talk about fantastically naive.

Hamas are the good guys?

You need to stop.

Who are the good guys? Are all Muslims bad guys? I don't think so. But you don't seem to see any good guys in Syria. Like the whole country is scumbags.

Who are the good guys? Are all Muslims bad guys? I don't think so. But you don't seem to see any good guys in Syria. Like the whole country is scumbags.

Putting words in people's mouths now are we?

If you are not aware that the Iranian regime openly supplies Hamas, Hez, Assad, Bashir, Al Shabaab and other African terrorists, then you need to read more before we can debate.

Hamas is Sunni, I doubt Iran supports them past hard times and bubble gum.

Sunni terrorism doesn't need a state sponsor as 9-11 showed us. it doesn't need a central command to operate and conduct terror attacks. The US made the same mistake in Vietnam, thinking there was some jungle pentagon to attack and snatch victory out of the never ending mess that is inherent to this sort of struggle.

Perhaps you should read more before we can debate. :2wave:

Putting words in people's mouths now are we?

I'm asking for your perspective. All I can discern from your posts is that you are sure everyone in every position of power in the entire Western world is lying to us and, in fact, we are supplying Al Q.

How?

Hamas is Sunni, I doubt Iran supports them past hard times and bubble gum.

Perhaps you are not aware that both Hamas and Iran are proud of their coalition. Hamas has thanked the Iranian regime, openly, and the Iranian regime, also openly, has expressed its satisfaction with funding, training and supplying Hamas.

How could anyone not know this fact?

I'm asking for your perspective. All I can discern from your posts is that you are sure everyone in every position of power in the entire Western world is lying to us and, in fact, we are supplying Al Q.

How?

Your take on my perspective is pathetically false and insultingly warped.

Your take on my perspective is pathetically false and insultingly warped.

Then accept that the West is doing everything possible to limit the weaponry and to make sure it gets into the correct hands and not others. Stop inventing a fantasy world where the US is supplying AlQ - that's pathetic.

Then accept that the West is doing everything possible to limit the weaponry and to make sure it gets into the correct hands and not others. Stop inventing a fantasy world where the US is supplying AlQ - that's pathetic.

No.

What is pathetic is you putting words into my mouth.

I never suggested the West intended to arm Al Qaeda. That's your strawman.

No.

What is pathetic is you putting words into my mouth.

I never suggested the West intended to arm Al Qaeda. That's your strawman.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm asking questions.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm asking questions.

You have of course been putting words in my mouth. It won't work. I'm too smart for such games.

You have of course been putting words in my mouth. It won't work. I'm too smart for such games.

I have not put any words in your mouth. Note the question marks in my posts.

Good day.

Back
Top Bottom