• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Jihadists in Egypt's lawless Sinai Peninsula are using U.S. weapons to carry out attacks against the temporary government in the wake of the military's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi, according to the embattled nation's Interior Ministry.The government office posted an official statement on its Facebook page along with images of an exploded missile that hit the third floor of a building in the city of el-Arish last week. The post said terrorist forces targeted the North Sinai Security Directorate office with a ballistic missile that struck the third floor facade of the building, leaving three soldiers injured. While attacks in the Sinai, which borders Gaza and is a haven for terrorist activity, have become commonplace, the prospect that militants have U.S. weapons typically fired from helicopters at their disposal is especially alarming.

Read more: Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office | Fox News

Where and how in the hell did Jihadist get ahold of American made missiles? Does the secret CIA mission in Benghazi where they had over two dozen CIA operatives stationed have anything to do with it? You do realize those missiles can easily be used to take down civilian aircraft like an airliner

the Benghazi truths are finally coming to light. the dots are finally starting to be connected, and it is a very dangerous situation. No wonder Obama and Clinton did everything they can to cover it up. no wonder why Hillary left the state department

this will take down Obama and Hillary both when they find enough evidence that deadly missiles like the hell fire made it into the hands of Jihadist thanks to their actions

Read more: Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office | Fox News

Where and how in the hell did Jihadist get ahold of American made missiles? Does the secret CIA mission in Benghazi where they had over two dozen CIA operatives stationed have anything to do with it? You do realize those missiles can easily be used to take down civilian aircraft like an airliner

the Benghazi truths are finally coming to light. the dots are finally starting to be connected, and it is a very dangerous situation. No wonder Obama and Clinton did everything they can to cover it up. no wonder why Hillary left the state department

this will take down Obama and Hillary both when they find enough evidence that deadly missiles like the hell fire made it into the hands of Jihadist thanks to their actions

Heya Trfjr :2wave: .....From your piece.

A request for comment to the U.S. Department of Defense was not immediately returned.

Reports of U.S.-made weapons turning up in the Sinai date back to at least January, when six U.S.-made missiles were found in a cache of weapons bound for Gaza. And in February, FoxNews.com reported exclusively that weapons left over from the revolution in Libya were being sold at clandestine auctions is the Sinai Peninsula. The U.S. has repeatedly denied arming the Libyan rebels, though it did assist them in other ways with the overthrow of longtime Libyan strongman Muammar Qaddafi.....snip~

30 some attacks on Egyptian Forces. 500 Extreme radicals operating out of the Sinai and of course the MB denies any involvement. Not the first Missile either. Hopefully the Egyptian Military will hunt all of the MB down to extinction. Then AQ loses a big chunk of their financial backing.

Heya Trfjr :2wave: .....From your piece.

A request for comment to the U.S. Department of Defense was not immediately returned.

Reports of U.S.-made weapons turning up in the Sinai date back to at least January, when six U.S.-made missiles were found in a cache of weapons bound for Gaza. And in February, FoxNews.com reported exclusively that weapons left over from the revolution in Libya were being sold at clandestine auctions is the Sinai Peninsula. The U.S. has repeatedly denied arming the Libyan rebels, though it did assist them in other ways with the overthrow of longtime Libyan strongman Muammar Qaddafi.....snip~

30 some attacks on Egyptian Forces. 500 Extreme radicals operating out of the Sinai and of course the MB denies any involvement. Not the first Missile either. Hopefully the Egyptian Military will hunt all of the MB down to extinction. Then AQ loses a big chunk of their financial backing.

And also they claimed a you tube vid was to blame for the attack and that the IRS targeting was to be blamed on two rogue agents in Cincinnati. how many times does this administration need to lie to you befor you stop beleaveing them

You don't go buy hellfire missiles from some swap meet

Read more: Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office | Fox News Where and how in the hell did Jihadist get ahold of American made missiles? Does the secret CIA mission in Benghazi where they had over two dozen CIA operatives stationed have anything to do with it? You do realize those missiles can easily be used to take down civilian aircraft like an airliner the Benghazi truths are finally coming to light. the dots are finally starting to be connected, and it is a very dangerous situation. No wonder Obama and Clinton did everything they can to cover it up. no wonder why Hillary left the state department this will take down Obama and Hillary both when they find enough evidence that deadly missiles like the hell fire made it into the hands of Jihadist thanks to their actions

So almost 2 years after Gaddifi was killed the jihadists FINALLY use a missile? And in so pissant an attack it is almost disgraceful. The Libyan terrorists must be mocking these jihadists! seems to me an Israeli target would have been hit long ago. Seems a tad too contrived. (A weapon's cache was found in the Sinai back in Feb) :confused:

Now seeing how the Hellfire is a widely distributed weapon and it requires a rather complex firing/maintenance support system I'd say the chances are it could have come from most anyplace to include Afghanistan or Iraq, but moved and auctioned for two years prior to use???? Stolen from any Middle Eastern nation we supply with military aid is as likely as some secret missile deal.

I doubt these were directly sold to Jihadists by the U.S., however, this is a prime example (if verified) why we shouldn't be selling weapons to ANY country.

So almost 2 years after Gaddifi was killed the jihadists FINALLY use a missile? And in so pissant an attack it is almost disgraceful. The Libyan terrorists must be mocking these jihadists! seems to me an Israeli target would have been hit long ago. Seems a tad too contrived. (A weapon's cache was found in the Sinai back in Feb) :confused:

Now seeing how the Hellfire is a widely distributed weapon and it requires a rather complex firing/maintenance support system I'd say the chances are it could have come from most anyplace to include Afghanistan or Iraq, but moved and auctioned for two years prior to use???? Stolen from any Middle Eastern nation we supply with military aid is as likely as some secret missile deal.

Yeah, sure thing, make it up as ya go on the fly, the Libyan terrorists are mocking these jidadists. :roll: :lamo

Which has nothing to do with US weapons turning up in the Sinai. :doh

The post said terrorist forces targeted the North Sinai Security Directorate office with a ballistic missile that struck the third floor facade of the building, leaving three soldiers injured. While attacks in the Sinai, which borders Gaza and is a haven for terrorist activity, have become commonplace, the prospect that militants have U.S. weapons typically fired from helicopters at their disposal is especially alarming.....snip~

So much for the alleged contrivance. :lol:

And also they claimed a you tube vid was to blame for the attack and that the IRS targeting was to be blamed on two rogue agents in Cincinnati. how many times does this administration need to lie to you befor you stop beleaveing them

You don't go buy hellfire missiles from some swap meet

Well....myself, I wouldn't take anything this Administration says at face value.

You are correct about the Hellfire Missile.....but then we were also Supplying Gadhafi. Not just the Russians.

FUD's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

The Hellfire missile is an air to ground missile. Often used against armored vehicles and fixed targets.

To the OP the only way such a missile is used against an airliner is if its sitting on the ground, its not a ground to air missile.
Get to know your stuff and dont' depend so much on your "source" of misinformation.

Yeah, sure thing, make it up as ya go on the fly, the Libyan terrorists are mocking these jidadists. :roll: :lamo Which has nothing to do with US weapons turning up in the Sinai. :doh The post said terrorist forces targeted the North Sinai Security Directorate office with a ballistic missile that struck the third floor facade of the building, leaving three soldiers injured. While attacks in the Sinai, which borders Gaza and is a haven for terrorist activity, have become commonplace, the prospect that militants have U.S. weapons typically fired from helicopters at their disposal is especially alarming.....snip~ So much for the alleged contrivance. :lol:

Let's see, the attack was in the Sinai, the weapons cache found in the Sinai- yeah no connection there.... :roll:

So why would we give missiles typically fired from attack choppers to ground pounding Lybians?

You are just making crap up on the fly. The fact that hellfire missiles were used rather than a the dozens of different types of Iranian supplied missiles the jihadists in the Gaza/Sinai area have far more experience using seems to be odd at the very least.

The Lybians attacked with a much better result in a much more coordinated way. This Sinai attack was amateur hour with attack chopper missiles and only three are wounded????

Way too much contrivance...

Let's see, the attack was in the Sinai, the weapons cache found in the Sinai- yeah no connection there.... :roll:

So why would we give missiles typically fired from attack choppers to ground pounding Lybians?

You are just making crap up on the fly. The fact that hellfire missiles were used rather than a the dozens of different types of Iranian supplied missiles the jihadists in the Gaza/Sinai area have far more experience using seems to be odd at the very least.

The Lybians attacked with a much better result in a much more coordinated way. This Sinai attack was amateur hour with attack chopper missiles and only three are wounded????

Way too much contrivance...

Nah, the only one that made up crap was you..... especially with that part on Libyan terrorists mocking Jihadists. :doh

Uhm because we were giving Aid to Gadhafi before his downfall. Try looking it up.

The Libyans didn't attack anything in the Sinai. :roll:

Nah, the only one that made up crap was you..... especially with that part on Libyan terrorists mocking Jihadists. :doh Uhm because we were giving Aid to Gadhafi before his downfall. Try looking it up. The Libyans didn't attack anything in the Sinai. :roll:

You are a work of art... ok one more time...

The Libyan terrorists must be mocking the Sinai jihadists because the Sinai asshats supposedly used several attack chopper missiles and could do no more damage that that???? :confused:

The Gaza terrorists are soooo much better than that crap! The whole thing reeks.

I did look it up... where does it say we gave attack chopper missiles to Libya??? trying finding a source for your claims!

Who said the Libyans attacked anyone in the Sinai?

You are a work of art... ok one more time...

The Libyan terrorists must be mocking the Sinai jihadists because the Sinai asshats supposedly used several attack chopper missiles and could do no more damage that that???? :confused:

The Gaza terrorists are soooo much better than that crap! The whole thing reeks.

I did look it up... where does it say we gave attack chopper missiles to Libya??? trying finding a source for your claims!

Who said the Libyans attacked anyone in the Sinai?

Try again Notquiteright.....I never said we gave them chopper missiles. I said we gave them weapons and we were giving them Aid. Do keep up with the times and not get side-tracked with all that you see.....which isn't really there. But that for some reason you are the only one that can see what you say.

Now show us just who are the Libyan Terrorists that are mocking what you call Jihadists? Show us what the Salafis have to do with the Libyans, while they continue to go after Egyptian Security Forces.

FUD's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire

The Hellfire missile is an air to ground missile. Often used against armored vehicles and fixed targets.

To the OP the only way such a missile is used against an airliner is if its sitting on the ground, its not a ground to air missile.
Get to know your stuff and dont' depend so much on your "source" of misinformation.

a hell fire missile is a lazar guided missile its purpose is ground targets but it can be used for targets in the air it can be used to take down an aircraft on take off or landing

and i know my **** i was in the army and i am fully aware of the hell fire missile capability it was hung on Apache helicopters that i worked on

Try again Notquiteright.....I never said we gave them chopper missiles. I said we gave them weapons and we were giving them Aid. Do keep up with the times and not get side-tracked with all that you see.....which isn't really there. But that for some reason you are the only one that can see what you say.

Now show us just who are the Libyan Terrorists that are mocking what you call Jihadists? Show us what the Salafis have to do with the Libyans, while they continue to go after Egyptian Security Forces.

You quibble divinely, what does aid to whoever have to do with it if we never gave hellfires? Topic is Hellfire missiles. You side track worse than an ADHD kid in a fun house.

You must work very hard at being this dense on this. The Libyans laughing at the Sinai terrorists is a joke.... you really are bad at catching them... the Libyans launched a hard hitting attack that was highly effective- the Sinai bunch attacked and couldn't kill anyone. With hellfires??? The ones that are so effective in a drone strike? the Sinai bunch must be the laughing stock of all terrorist/jihadists everywhere... if they have any self respect left they shouldn't take responsibility.

The article BTW called the missiles 'ballistic'- makes you wonder just how ignorant was the author.

Now rather than view this through the partisan lens some must have glued to their faces- where oh where could someone have gotten USofA hellfires and who would want to drive a wedge between the USofA and the Sunni/Arab world.... it is obvious we didn't give drone/air launched missiles to the Libyans, no amount of partisan ranting makes that make any sense.

Who supports terrorism in the Gaza/West Bank/ Lebanon area who doesn't like the USofA or Sunnis....

You quibble divinely, what does aid to whoever have to do with it if we never gave hellfires? Topic is Hellfire missiles. You side track worse than an ADHD kid in a fun house.

You must work very hard at being this dense on this. The Libyans laughing at the Sinai terrorists is a joke.... you really are bad at catching them... the Libyans launched a hard hitting attack that was highly effective- the Sinai bunch attacked and couldn't kill anyone. With hellfires??? The ones that are so effective in a drone strike? the Sinai bunch must be the laughing stock of all terrorist/jihadists everywhere... if they have any self respect left they shouldn't take responsibility.

The article BTW called the missiles 'ballistic'- makes you wonder just how ignorant was the author.

Now rather than view this through the partisan lens some must have glued to their faces- where oh where could someone have gotten USofA hellfires and who would want to drive a wedge between the USofA and the Sunni/Arab world.... it is obvious we didn't give drone/air launched missiles to the Libyans, no amount of partisan ranting makes that make any sense.

Who supports terrorism in the Gaza/West Bank/ Lebanon area who doesn't like the USofA or Sunnis....

Nah.....I don't quibble, that's something you are into while talking to yourself when you try to make some sort of point. That never makes sense. Which really doesn't help you with talking with others when you start to argue with yourself.

Now the Topic was Jihadists fired Hellfire Missile at Government offices.....nothing to do with Libyan terrorists mocking Jihadists at all Notquiteright. Lets stick to reality.....mmmmkay.

The way you wrote the original post - your part - was complete FUD. You should know, as a forum board expert, that the hellfire is not an anti aircraft weapon as YOU suggested it was. Can it be used to hit an aircraft on a runway sure, but in the air it would never have the adjustment capacity as an anti aircraft missile. In other words you made crap up for the oscillating device but I aim to pull the plug on that bugger and inform people accurately - unlike you.

a hell fire missile is a lazar guided missile its purpose is ground targets but it can be used for targets in the air it can be used to take down an aircraft on take off or landing

and i know my **** i was in the army and i am fully aware of the hell fire missile capability it was hung on Apache helicopters that i worked on

One needs to seriously question your truthfullness and forum board expertise. The hellfire is not an anti aircraft weapon. "Bring down" suggests a plane in flight and the hellfire is not a missile used against in flight targets. Sure it could hit an airplane that is taxi-ing along the ground but that isn't "bring down."

I can't respect anything else you post.

Shocking! Of the billions in US armament given/sold some got into the hands of non-reputable groups.

I'm amazed this happened! (extreme sarcasm)

I doubt these were directly sold to Jihadists by the U.S., however, this is a prime example (if verified) why we shouldn't be selling weapons to ANY country.
Any country? A bit draconian I'd say, especially when our facilitation of weapons to neighboring countries plays a sizable role in deterring some of the actors in question. That's not to say we should shell out missiles with reckless abandon, but your suggestion is, at minimum, overkill.

Egypt is a mess plain and simple. I'm not informed enough on the specific incident to make any more conclusions past that.

Any country? A bit draconian I'd say, especially when our facilitation of weapons to neighboring countries plays a sizable role in deterring some of the actors in question. That's not to say we should shell out missiles with reckless abandon, but your suggestion is, at minimum, overkill.
To ensure our weapons aren't used against us or our allies, yes, no weapons to other countries. Call it draconian all you want, but I think our weapons used against us or our allies is worse.

Nah.....I don't quibble, that's something you are into while talking to yourself when you try to make some sort of point. That never makes sense. Which really doesn't help you with talking with others when you start to argue with yourself. Now the Topic was Jihadists fired Hellfire Missile at Government offices.....nothing to do with Libyan terrorists mocking Jihadists at all Notquiteright. Lets stick to reality.....mmmmkay.

Laughing, you quibble and wiggle... you drag silly crap in like we gave 'aid' to Gaddafi or rebels or something and no source to back that claim up and certainly no proof hell fire missiles were any part of a Libyan deal. that you didn't understand the Libyans laughing at piss poor performance Jihadists is again on you. That somehow jihadists got a hold of hellfires and used them soooo poorly has you up in arms but has me wondering just how did those guys get hellfires and prefered them, a weapons system they had to cobble up to use when they have a wide variety of very effective missiles they could use, have a ton of experience with and as the Libyan terrorists have shown are very effective at killing.

Seems awfully hard to swallow this was somehow tied to something Obama wants to hide from the American people... one thing seems certain in this uncertain part of the world... the CIA didn't give Hellfires to the Libyans, so the missiles came from someplace else- most likely stolen from an 'ally' in the region.

More like Iran stirring the pot to cause a split between Egypt and the USofA

Laughing, you quibble and wiggle... you drag silly crap in like we gave 'aid' to Gaddafi or rebels or something and no source to back that claim up and certainly no proof hell fire missiles were any part of a Libyan deal. that you didn't understand the Libyans laughing at piss poor performance Jihadists is again on you. That somehow jihadists got a hold of hellfires and used them soooo poorly has you up in arms but has me wondering just how did those guys get hellfires and prefered them, a weapons system they had to cobble up to use when they have a wide variety of very effective missiles they could use, have a ton of experience with and as the Libyan terrorists have shown are very effective at killing.

Seems awfully hard to swallow this was somehow tied to something Obama wants to hide from the American people... one thing seems certain in this uncertain part of the world... the CIA didn't give Hellfires to the Libyans, so the missiles came from someplace else- most likely stolen from an 'ally' in the region.

More like Iran stirring the pot to cause a split between Egypt and the USofA

Actually, whats laughable is watching you wiggle to make things up as you go, Like that BS about Libyan Terrorists Mocking Jihadists that you came up with. I didn't drag anything in and I don't have a problem throwing up links. Just like I did the last time also proving that once again you knew nothing about what you were talking about. Other than that part about you arguing with yourself while you try and think of things on the fly.

Which if you would have remembered Obama and Congress stopping the Funds that we were sending to Gadhafi Right before we helped take him down, before we jumped in and Obama told to him step down. With It all being in the Liberal MSMedia. Then you wouldn't be in here again trying to cover up from that other ridiculous statement of yours.

Also I never said hellfire missiles were part of any deal. I said we were supplying weapons and aid to Libya. Which you yourself already acknowledged. Or did you forget already while losing yourself in thought with yourself.

I never said anything about Obama wanting to hide this from the American People. Now that's you back to reading into things and seeing things where they don't exist. Glad to know you ready to defend any thing said against Obama. Even tho I didn't say anything about Obama at all in this thread.

Well....myself, I wouldn't take anything this Administration says at face value. You are correct about the Hellfire Missile.....but then we were also Supplying Gadhafi. Not just the Russians.

I picked this post because it shows how you quibble- you reference us supplying Gaddafi before his downfall several times. I never said we sold him any weapons- you imply that. posts 10 and 12 do the same thing. You never cite a source but imply a lot.

You agreed with the OP and his attempt to link Obama and this... you mention US missiles found in the Sinai in Jan, you bring things up and then spin away.

Quibble all you want, agree with folks and then hold your hands out and say 'I never said that'...

You seem to never say much, just pee in the pool....

and again you didn't get the reference to how well the Libyan terrorists used their missiles and how deadly was their attack but these Sinai jihadists who have an even longer history of attacks could do no better than three wounded with three missiles made famous for high collateral damage in drone strikes...

Something is fishy here

I picked this post because it shows how you quibble- you reference us supplying Gaddafi before his downfall several times. I never said we sold him any weapons- you imply that. posts 10 and 12 do the same thing. You never cite a source but imply a lot.

You agreed with the OP and his attempt to link Obama and this... you mention US missiles found in the Sinai in Jan, you bring things up and then spin away.

Quibble all you want, agree with folks and then hold your hands out and say 'I never said that'...

You seem to never say much, just pee in the pool....

and again you didn't get the reference to how well the Libyan terrorists used their missiles and how deadly was their attack but these Sinai jihadists who have an even longer history of attacks could do no better than three wounded with three missiles made famous for high collateral damage in drone strikes...

Something is fishy here

Notquiteright wrong again.....go figure. :roll: I said exactly what I meant. Unlike you I don't come dishonest to any discussion. I said I wouldn't take anything this Administrations says at face value. You don't like that.....tuff ****. Get over it.

Exactly he was Right about it being a Hellfire missile.

I don't agree with you.....since you don't know what you are talking about most of the time when you are talking to yourself and arguing with yourself.

Now as to your so called link that you are desperately hanging onto that you think I don't have. Here it is with me disproving your negative.....once again. Even tho it wasn't really necessary since you already knew you couldn't dispute it.

Obama, not Bush, expanded military aid to Libya despite human rights abuses

WASHINGTON — The administration of President Barack Obama requested military aid for Libya in 2011 despite massive human rights violations, a congressional report said.

The Congressional Research Service reported that the Obama administration had been preparing to relay military aid to Libya this year. In a report by Christopher Blanchard and Jim Zanotti, CRS cited plans to provide military education and training for Col. Moammar Gadhafi's security forces.
The report said military education funds for Libya were first requested by the Bush administration for fiscal 2009, but was not provided. The report cited a 2009 State Department report on continuing rights abuses in Libya:

For FY2010, the Obama administration requested $350,000 in International Military Education and Training funding for Libya to 'support education and training of Libyan security forces, creating vital linkages with Libyan officers after a 35-year break in contact,' " the report, titled "Libya: Background and U.S. Relations," said.

CRS, which provides background to members of the House and Senate, said Libyan participation in the U.S. military education program would have paved the way for additional training.

Instead, Obama expanded military cooperation with Libya during his first year in office, the report said. CRS said the White House requested the Libya be eligible to receive weapons under the U.S. Foreign Military Financing program.

"The Obama administration also requested Foreign Military Financing assistance for Libya for the first time in FY2010, with the goal of providing assistance to the Libyan Air Force in developing its air transport capabilities and to the Libyan Coast Guard in improving its coastal patrol and search and rescue operations," the report said.

The administration also approved a Libyan request for the modernization of Gadhafi's air transport fleet. Libya acquired 10 U.S.-origin C-130 aircraft, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, in 1970.

The U.S. military has engaged the Gadhafi regime in a dialogue to upgrade Libyan forces, reported at less than 120,000. The report said Libya's military remained poor and unable to acquire the huge amount of equipment it ordered from foreign contractors.....snip~

Obama, not Bush, expanded military aid to Libya despite human rights abuses

Once again.....Notquiteright, you just never do bring anything but your useless little nips at trying to insult someone. So when you want to go there. You know where to take it. That place which shall not be named. I am certain.....I can muster up.

Back
Top Bottom