• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office

Notquiteright wrong again.....go figure. :roll: I said exactly what I meant. Unlike you I don't come dishonest to any discussion. I said I wouldn't take anything this Administrations says at face value. You don't like that.....tuff ****. Get over it.

Exactly he was Right about it being a Hellfire missile.

I don't agree with you.....since you don't know what you are talking about most of the time when you are talking to yourself and arguing with yourself.

Now as to your so called link that you are desperately hanging onto that you think I don't have. Here it is with me disproving your negative.....once again. Even tho it wasn't really necessary since you already knew you couldn't dispute it.

Obama, not Bush, expanded military aid to Libya despite human rights abuses

WASHINGTON — The administration of President Barack Obama requested military aid for Libya in 2011 despite massive human rights violations, a congressional report said.

The Congressional Research Service reported that the Obama administration had been preparing to relay military aid to Libya this year. In a report by Christopher Blanchard and Jim Zanotti, CRS cited plans to provide military education and training for Col. Moammar Gadhafi's security forces.
The report said military education funds for Libya were first requested by the Bush administration for fiscal 2009, but was not provided. The report cited a 2009 State Department report on continuing rights abuses in Libya:

For FY2010, the Obama administration requested $350,000 in International Military Education and Training funding for Libya to 'support education and training of Libyan security forces, creating vital linkages with Libyan officers after a 35-year break in contact,' " the report, titled "Libya: Background and U.S. Relations," said.

CRS, which provides background to members of the House and Senate, said Libyan participation in the U.S. military education program would have paved the way for additional training.

Instead, Obama expanded military cooperation with Libya during his first year in office, the report said. CRS said the White House requested the Libya be eligible to receive weapons under the U.S. Foreign Military Financing program.

"The Obama administration also requested Foreign Military Financing assistance for Libya for the first time in FY2010, with the goal of providing assistance to the Libyan Air Force in developing its air transport capabilities and to the Libyan Coast Guard in improving its coastal patrol and search and rescue operations," the report said.

The administration also approved a Libyan request for the modernization of Gadhafi's air transport fleet. Libya acquired 10 U.S.-origin C-130 aircraft, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, in 1970.

The U.S. military has engaged the Gadhafi regime in a dialogue to upgrade Libyan forces, reported at less than 120,000. The report said Libya's military remained poor and unable to acquire the huge amount of equipment it ordered from foreign contractors.....snip~

Obama, not Bush, expanded military aid to Libya despite human rights abuses

Once again.....Notquiteright, you just never do bring anything but your useless little nips at trying to insult someone. So when you want to go there. You know where to take it. That place which shall not be named. I am certain.....I can muster up.

And again you quibble about what really happened- no weapons were provided, training, transports but no missiles or advanced weapon systems...

Aid not weapons... once again you stand there attempting to deny, first in agreeing with other posters and then trying to claim i said anything about us giving them weapons.

Quibble and spin

And again you quibble about what really happened- no weapons were provided, training, transports but no missiles or advanced weapon systems...

Aid not weapons... once again you stand there attempting to deny, first in agreeing with other posters and then trying to claim i said anything about us giving them weapons.

Quibble and spin

And again.....your name says it all. With you deflecting and changing the tangent as always.....par for the course. Looking to find some other tangent to go off on.

Instead, Obama expanded military cooperation with Libya during his first year in office, the report said. CRS said the White House requested the Libya be eligible to receive weapons under the U.S. Foreign Military Financing program.

"The Obama administration also requested Foreign Military Financing assistance for Libya for the first time in FY2010, with the goal of providing assistance to the Libyan Air Force in developing its air transport capabilities and to the Libyan Coast Guard in improving its coastal patrol and search and rescue operations," the report said.....snip~

We only banned lethal aid.....which didn't stop Gadhafi from picking up weapons systems from Europeans at all. Even if they bought ours and sold them to Libya. Which I am sure you will try and tell us how that just don't go on in the big bad world.

Actually this all started with your ludicrous statement about Libyan terrorists mocking Jihadists from the Sinai. That's when you started to stutter. Hence your argument with yourself. While speaking.

Back
Top Bottom