• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt: Churches Burned, Christians Attacked, Networks Barely Mention

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: Matthew Philbin
August 21, 2013

In the media’s wall-to-wall Egypt coverage, one important facet of the ongoing crisis has gotten short shrift: the deadly plight of that nation’s Christians. The three broadcast networks in particular have buried the anti-Christian violence, devoting just 5 percent of Egypt reporting to it since last week. Six days ago, supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood and deposed President Mohammed Morsi launched what some are calling a “pogrom” and “jihad” against Egypt’s Christian population.

Violence against Egypt’s Christian minority is nothing new. Nor is the media’s disinterest in it. But in the last week, that violence suddenly escalated to epidemic levels.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
NewsBusters | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

Strange isn't it, Obama claims he's Christian but supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Hundreds of Christian Churches burned and destroyed by the MB in Egypt. Both Obama's media and Obama himself have barely even mentioned the persecution and genocide taking place. An ethnic cleansing is taking place and Obama has turned a deaf ear to it.

The media tried to bury the violence against the Muslim Brotherhood, too.

CAIRO — Amid an international outcry over a bloody crackdown, the new government installed by Gen. Abdul-Fattah el-Sisi is putting concerted pressure on the only remaining news outlets in Egypt covering criticism of the violence: the foreign news media.

The military had already shut down all the Egyptian television networks that supported President Mohamed Morsi on the night the general ousted him. Now, in the last four days, the new authorities have raided and shut down the offices of the pan-Arab Al Jazeera network, taken steps to deny its Egyptian license and, on Sunday, arrested its correspondent Abdullah El-Shamy on charges of inciting murder and sectarian violence. Al Jazeera, based in Qatar, was the only big Arabic-language network considered sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Senior government officials, meanwhile, publicly scolded Western correspondents in two news conferences and a public statement for failing to portray the crackdown in the government’s terms: as a war against violent terrorists. On Sunday, even General Sisi joined the chorus, criticizing foreign news media for failing to appreciate his mandate to fight terrorism. The criticisms echoed incessantly through the state and private media, and, in an apparent response, vigilante supporters of General Sisi have attacked or detained at least a dozen foreign journalists, a vast majority on the same day that an adviser to the president delivered the first diatribe against Western news coverage...."

Egypt Lashes Out at Foreign News Media

Journalists are getting killed. So blaming the liberals for the media coverage in Egypt is pure political partisan hackery. It's transparent, tiresome and pathetic.

By: Matthew Philbin
August 21, 2013

In the media’s wall-to-wall Egypt coverage, one important facet of the ongoing crisis has gotten short shrift: the deadly plight of that nation’s Christians. The three broadcast networks in particular have buried the anti-Christian violence, devoting just 5 percent of Egypt reporting to it since last week. Six days ago, supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood and deposed President Mohammed Morsi launched what some are calling a “pogrom” and “jihad” against Egypt’s Christian population.

Violence against Egypt’s Christian minority is nothing new. Nor is the media’s disinterest in it. But in the last week, that violence suddenly escalated to epidemic levels.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
NewsBusters | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

Strange isn't it, Obama claims he's Christian but supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Hundreds of Christian Churches burned and destroyed by the MB in Egypt. Both Obama's media and Obama himself have barely even mentioned the persecution and genocide taking place. An ethnic cleansing is taking place and Obama has turned a deaf ear to it.

obama is a christian, good of you to recognize that when it supports your point, but that does not mean we as a nation impose christian beliefs on the rest of the world. Plus I do believe that congress has to approve your little religious war for it to happen. The president can only do kinetic actions. So feel free to contact your congressperson and tell them you want to go to war with egypt to protect christians around the world because that is what you feel america is here for. There is nothing stopping you from making a completely out of line request and totally misinterpreting the separation of church and state.

Oh, and what do they need the US army for, the christians have a mercenary force called blackwater. The christian church does not pay taxes to the US so they can fight their own wars for their people with the money they save.

obama is a christian, good of you to recognize that when it supports your point, but that does not mean we as a nation impose christian beliefs on the rest of the world. Plus I do believe that congress has to approve your little religious war for it to happen. The president can only do kinetic actions. So feel free to contact your congressperson and tell them you want to go to war with egypt to protect christians around the world because that is what you feel america is here for. There is nothing stopping you from making a completely out of line request and totally misinterpreting the separation of church and state.

Oh, and what do they need the US army for, the christians have a mercenary force called blackwater. The christian church does not pay taxes to the US so they can fight their own wars for their people with the money they save.

I guess that indifference of Obama to the ethnic cleansing and the mass murder of people in the Middle East is of no consequence to either you or others like you. Didn't Bubba Clinton go into Kosovo specifically because of ethnic cleansing. So according to you, it's okay for Muslims to conduct ethnic cleansing like Nazi's and the Commies? I'm sure if you were alive during WWII you would have been applauding Hitler, Stalin and Mao for their genocidal achievements. BTW you mentioned Black Water. Did you know?

Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan | Mercenaries used ...

www.voltairenet.org/article175040.html

Mercenaries used by Bush, now fighting Obama’s secret wars Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Why Is Obama Still Using Blackwater? - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/2100-215_162-5317352.html

Jeremy Scahill: Recent Disclosures Of Blackwater's Covert Activities May Finally Force Congress To Take Action

That aside,

I guess that indifference of Obama to the ethnic cleansing and the mass murder of people in the Middle East is of no consequence to either you or others like you.

You mean the ethnic cleansing of muslims brought about by the christian power structure of the world? Oh wait, you are talking about something else and are encouraging the systematic destruction of the muslim world because you are the one who loves the ethnic cleansing and are bothered Obama is not wiping all muslims out in egypt. before you start playing the good guy card it might be nice if you were not in favor of genocide.
Didn't Bubba Clinton go into Kosovo specifically because of ethnic cleansing. So according to you, it's okay for Muslims to conduct ethnic cleansing like Nazi's and the Commies? I'm sure if you were alive during WWII you would have been applauding Hitler, Stalin and Mao for their genocidal achievements. BTW you mentioned Black Water. Did you know?

really, a person like yourself should not be complaining about Nazis. BTW egypt is a sovereign nation with their own thing going on. They are neither ruled or under the authority of the US, so we really do not have any business there. We are not christian defenders. if you wish to defend them please do step up and go there to fight for them. I won't argue, nor will i stop you, and I might even contribute to getting you into that war. I really do not care that they are killing christians. It is not like they will be wiped off the face of the planet by their actions. People die in foreign counteries and coups all the time. it is not our job to stop it all, nor do you even condone stopping it all yourself. You are perfectly willing to ignore the US killing of muslims for no good reason, not to mention you do seem to support Isreali jews who are killing palestinians. Save me the faux outrage and go back to linking to piss poor sources which lie and deceive for us.
Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan | Mercenaries used ...

www.voltairenet.org/article175040.html

Mercenaries used by Bush, now fighting Obama’s secret wars Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Why Is Obama Still Using Blackwater? - CBS News

www.cbsnews.com/2100-215_162-5317352.html

Jeremy Scahill: Recent Disclosures Of Blackwater's Covert Activities May Finally Force Congress To Take Action

That aside,

See, i knew you could do it. Any time you actually start doing something about all the ethnic cleansing in the world you will stop being a complete hypocrite.

You mean the ethnic cleansing of muslims brought about by the christian power structure of the world? Oh wait, you are talking about something else and are encouraging the systematic destruction of the muslim world because you are the one who loves the ethnic cleansing and are bothered Obama is not wiping all muslims out in egypt. before you start playing the good guy card it might be nice if you were not in favor of genocide.

really, a person like yourself should not be complaining about Nazis. BTW egypt is a sovereign nation with their own thing going on. They are neither ruled or under the authority of the US, so we really do not have any business there. We are not christian defenders. if you wish to defend them please do step up and go there to fight for them. I won't argue, nor will i stop you, and I might even contribute to getting you into that war. I really do not care that they are killing christians. It is not like they will be wiped off the face of the planet by their actions. People die in foreign counteries and coups all the time. it is not our job to stop it all, nor do you even condone stopping it all yourself. You are perfectly willing to ignore the US killing of muslims for no good reason, not to mention you do seem to support Isreali jews who are killing palestinians. Save me the faux outrage and go back to linking to piss poor sources which lie and deceive for us.

See, i knew you could do it. Any time you actually start doing something about all the ethnic cleansing in the world you will stop being a complete hypocrite.

You not only lean other, you are androgenous. It appears that I did do that by enlisting and serving more than 5 years in the service of my country during the early 60's. Both my sons have served in the military and even my grandson is presently serving his second enlistment. In fact I still pick shrapnel out of my body from time to time. So you see I've done something about in my time and my children and grandchildren have followed suit. I doubt very much if you have done so by your indifference to life other than your own. Your writing exposes you as a self centered and selfish person not interested in anything other than yourself.

You not only lean other, you are androgenous.

I would rather be that than some guy who is brainwashed into spreading the lies made by blog posters and really crappy propaganda sites. But everyone has a choice.

It appears that I did do that by enlisting and serving more than 5 years in the service of my country during the early 60's.

Then what is stopping you from doing that right now? The US is not the protectors of christians all over the world. the US is not in command of egypt. It is not even part of the US law system you supposedly enlisted to serve in. You want to go fight a holy war, then get off your ass and do it. If those lives are that important for you, and you are not lying about your service, then you should be trained enough to go fight and do something to help out those people. As a person you are capable of making choices for yourself and fighting for causes you decide are worthy. the US government has no business going to war over another countries actions to their own citizens. The US has no business fighting the holy war you wish against the muslims. The US is not an individual who can make those choices, it is a government which should be abiding by it's own rules and regulations prohibiting holy wars and genocide against muslims like you condone, and international law which frowns upon invasion of a sovereign foreign nation.

Both my sons have served in the military and even my grandson is presently serving his second enlistment.

That would be nice if you had not proven yourself beyond a doubt to be dishonest and manipulative and have absolutely no support for that claim. I could sit here and say the exact same thing you have and have just as much honesty in my claims, and I have no doubt that your claims are false. Still, your lying and manipulation aside you claims do not render your opinion correct in any way shape or form. It does not change the reality of the world that it is none of the business of the US, nor does the US have a responsibility or the power to go waging holy wars on sovereign foreign soil. About the only thing i would agree with is the US cutting off all aid to egypt.

In fact I still pick shrapnel out of my body from time to time.

And this statement, or lie, would effect your argument in what way? You could be the second coming of jesus and still be completely wrong.
So you see I've done something about in my time and my children and grandchildren have followed suit. I doubt very much if you have done so by your indifference to life other than your own. Your writing exposes you as a self centered and selfish person not interested in anything other than yourself.

Evidently you did not do anything for egypt. Even if I did buy your story it would seem you and your family have never done any fighting for egypt at all, so feel free to go there and get to it if it is so important to you. There is no one in the world stopping you from doing something you claim is important. It is your choice, and whining because others are not killing off all those muslims you hate so much really is just showing you do not have the courage to follow your own convictions. All you want to do is send other people to fight a battle you are too afraid to fight yourself. It is a battle the US has no business in, but any day you want to put your money where your mouth is and do that courageous fighting you claim you are so willing and able to do feel free to walk the walk because all you seem to be is talk.

I would rather be that than some guy who is brainwashed into spreading the lies made by blog posters and really crappy propaganda sites. But everyone has a choice.

Then what is stopping you from doing that right now? The US is not the protectors of christians all over the world. the US is not in command of egypt. It is not even part of the US law system you supposedly enlisted to serve in. You want to go fight a holy war, then get off your ass and do it. If those lives are that important for you, and you are not lying about your service, then you should be trained enough to go fight and do something to help out those people. As a person you are capable of making choices for yourself and fighting for causes you decide are worthy. the US government has no business going to war over another countries actions to their own citizens. The US has no business fighting the holy war you wish against the muslims. The US is not an individual who can make those choices, it is a government which should be abiding by it's own rules and regulations prohibiting holy wars and genocide against muslims like you condone, and international law which frowns upon invasion of a sovereign foreign nation.

That would be nice if you had not proven yourself beyond a doubt to be dishonest and manipulative and have absolutely no support for that claim. I could sit here and say the exact same thing you have and have just as much honesty in my claims, and I have no doubt that your claims are false. Still, your lying and manipulation aside you claims do not render your opinion correct in any way shape or form. It does not change the reality of the world that it is none of the business of the US, nor does the US have a responsibility or the power to go waging holy wars on sovereign foreign soil. About the only thing i would agree with is the US cutting off all aid to egypt.

And this statement, or lie, would effect your argument in what way? You could be the second coming of jesus and still be completely wrong.

Evidently you did not do anything for egypt. Even if I did buy your story it would seem you and your family have never done any fighting for egypt at all, so feel free to go there and get to it if it is so important to you. There is no one in the world stopping you from doing something you claim is important. It is your choice, and whining because others are not killing off all those muslims you hate so much really is just showing you do not have the courage to follow your own convictions. All you want to do is send other people to fight a battle you are too afraid to fight yourself. It is a battle the US has no business in, but any day you want to put your money where your mouth is and do that courageous fighting you claim you are so willing and able to do feel free to walk the walk because all you seem to be is talk.

I have walked the walk and talked the talk. You are all talk, talk, I doubt you've ever seen the inside of a military base much less taken the oath of allegiance to serve in the military. Some would call you a pogey bait eater, others a blue boy, others a dip****, but that's all debatable since androgeny is not yet a prerequisite for enlistment. They are making it easier though. You wouldn't care how easy, you'd rather collect your welfare and SNAP. Any form of work is abhorrent whether honest or patriotic is against your ideals.

I have walked the walk and talked the talk. You are all talk, talk, I doubt you've ever seen the inside of a military base much less taken the oath of allegiance to serve in the military. Some would call you a pogey bait eater, others a blue boy, others a dip****, but that's all debatable since androgeny is not yet a prerequisite for enlistment. They are making it easier though. You wouldn't care how easy, you'd rather collect your welfare and Snap.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your point, and if you think military service would make you automatically right you have not served and seen the people who are in the military. Some of them are intelligent people, but many of them are there because they are too much of a screw up to flip burgers and service pays the most for cannon fodder. Still, your false claims of service are just a distraction because you cannot argue the actual point and think that if you served in the military the fact you are wrong just gets washed away. You cannot back up your own crap, and now you are just trying to brag your way into a point. Maybe if your point was actually correct and you had the abilities to argue it you would not have to resort to "I served so i am right" BS.

Tell you what, please notify the TSA that the metal in by body is just a figment of their imagination so that I don't have to go to the personal inspection booth each time I fly. It seems I set off those alarms at the metal detector.

The media tried to bury the violence against the Muslim Brotherhood, too.

CAIRO — Amid an international outcry over a bloody crackdown, the new government installed by Gen. Abdul-Fattah el-Sisi is putting concerted pressure on the only remaining news outlets in Egypt covering criticism of the violence: the foreign news media.

The military had already shut down all the Egyptian television networks that supported President Mohamed Morsi on the night the general ousted him. Now, in the last four days, the new authorities have raided and shut down the offices of the pan-Arab Al Jazeera network, taken steps to deny its Egyptian license and, on Sunday, arrested its correspondent Abdullah El-Shamy on charges of inciting murder and sectarian violence. Al Jazeera, based in Qatar, was the only big Arabic-language network considered sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Senior government officials, meanwhile, publicly scolded Western correspondents in two news conferences and a public statement for failing to portray the crackdown in the government’s terms: as a war against violent terrorists. On Sunday, even General Sisi joined the chorus, criticizing foreign news media for failing to appreciate his mandate to fight terrorism. The criticisms echoed incessantly through the state and private media, and, in an apparent response, vigilante supporters of General Sisi have attacked or detained at least a dozen foreign journalists, a vast majority on the same day that an adviser to the president delivered the first diatribe against Western news coverage...."

Egypt Lashes Out at Foreign News Media

Journalists are getting killed. So blaming the liberals for the media coverage in Egypt is pure political partisan hackery. It's transparent, tiresome and pathetic.

Sadly what you claim is true. There has been at least one international reporter killed by a sniper recently. No one has taken responsibility. Martial Law is a terrible thing. Sometimes it's necessary to stop the violence. It appears that the Muslim Brotherhood is brutally retaliating against the initial uprising.

Tell you what, please notify the TSA that the metal in by body is just a figment of their imagination so that I don't have to go to the personal inspection booth each time I fly. It seems I set off those alarms at the metal detector.

I tell you what, prove that is so and I will make the call.

Back
Top Bottom