• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt Bans Muslim Brotherhood Group.....

The bolded will be very difficult for them, due to the fact that their religion and politics (for the majority) are inseparable.

Not for most young people, and not in more secular societies, such as Egypt. If I'm not mistaken, all the religious backed parties in the election in Egypt a few years ago garnered only about 35 to 40%, just that the MB garnered the highest of all and formed the government. If they can settle on one secular party to form a government, the religious zealots won't have as much power.

Not for most young people, and not in more secular societies, such as Egypt.

If that were the case, they would not have elected the MB into power in the first place. They are afraid of something, and specifically what, I am not sure of. Religion is a very powerful force in the lives of many people. No matter how secular one may become, the early roots of religious teaching will still hold power over you. I'm not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, because religion does serve a useful purpose, but when your religion and your politics are so closely connected, it's a huge obstacle to overcome.

You also could be right - but I have far greater faith in the abilities of young Egyptian men and women to find a different way. The old ways worked because few in the country could see what was happening in other, freer, societies. Now, with social media and all media in general, young people see everything and they are not receptive to being told what to do and how to do it.

We'll know in time.

Mornin CJ. :2wave: Uhm erm,
thinking.gif
ya not saying they are like our Generation X now :shock: .....are ya? :2razz:

The bolded will be very difficult for them, due to the fact that their religion and politics (for the majority) are inseparable.

shrug.gif
give em an X box or Playstation and The Beginners Game to Civilization. At least we can get them onto the Right Start. :lol:

Use that TV for some sort of good! ;)

If that were the case, they would not have elected the MB into power in the first place. They are afraid of something, and specifically what, I am not sure of. Religion is a very powerful force in the lives of many people. No matter how secular one may become, the early roots of religious teaching will still hold power over you. I'm not necessarily saying that is a bad thing, because religion does serve a useful purpose, but when your religion and your politics are so closely connected, it's a huge obstacle to overcome.

The majority of people in Egypt did not elect the MB - there were dozens of parties and individuals that ran for parliament and for the presidency - Morsi won but not with a majority and when he took office he disbanded the parliament and started cracking down on opposition. In no way did the majority of Egyptians vote for religious rule. That is why about a year after the first democratic elections, young people took to the streets, over 2,000,000 people signed petitions to have Morsi removed and the military stepped in. That, to me, is a clear condemnation of religious rule by the majority of young people in Egypt. I see it as a very hopeful sign.

thinking.gif

I think they're more like the crowd that brought the British to their knees in 18th century America and 20th century Asia.

The majority of people in Egypt did not elect the MB - there were dozens of parties and individuals that ran for parliament and for the presidency - Morsi won but not with a majority and when he took office he disbanded the parliament and started cracking down on opposition. In no way did the majority of Egyptians vote for religious rule. That is why about a year after the first democratic elections, young people took to the streets, over 2,000,000 people signed petitions to have Morsi removed and the military stepped in. That, to me, is a clear condemnation of religious rule by the majority of young people in Egypt. I see it as a very hopeful sign.

Well, I guess we shall see.

Doesn't mean it works. So therein might be an answer.

Intervention and nation building (Afghan, Iraq, Libya and Somalia) is doing better than Egypt, which was rather left to its own devises.

thinking.gif

We've had human rights for a while. We cannot equate our young generation with the Egyptians, because they're on the cusp of a revolution while we're sittin' pretty.

Intervention and nation building (Afghan, Iraq, Libya and Somalia) is doing better than Egypt, which was rather left to its own devises.

One can hardly say Egypt was left to it's own devices now.....and Afghanistan is a Bust we lost. There wont be any Nation building going on. Iraq is a total Mess with violence levels higher than in 2004. Libya is a country with really no ruling government and is the Law of the Wild Wild West. Somalia isn't even worth talking about.

So all that NWO and being a Citizen of the World.....is simply BS.

One can hardly say Egypt was left to it's own devices now.....and Afghanistan is a Bust we lost. There wont be any Nation building going on. Iraq is a total Mess with violence levels higher than in 2004. Libya is a country with really no ruling government and is the Law of the Wild Wild West. Somalia isn't even worth talking about.

So all that NWO and being a Citizen of the World.....is simply BS.

Why do you refuse to admit world progress? Things change, MMC, there's no stopping that.

We've had human rights for a while. We cannot equate our young generation with the Egyptians, because they're on the cusp of a revolution while we're sittin' pretty.

Yeah, and the Europeans had the Golden Age of Reason.....then marched to WWI, which some didn't like the way things played out and then they went at it again Walking into WWII. All those humanly Rights considered.....huh.

Those lofty Ideals and the dreams of Utopian Societies.....Shattered by the Reality all due to the Ego of Man.

Those lofty Ideals and the dreams of Utopian Societies.....Shattered by the Reality all due to the Ego of Man.

Fledgling democracies with basic human rights and generations to go before being Western and liberal is hardly utopia.

Why do you refuse to admit world progress? Things change, MMC, there's no stopping that.

A People without a Country.....are a people who have no Rights. No say about anything. Ones sovereignty prevents that.

When we have colonies all over the galaxy.....maybe then All can believe in such a thing, as a New World Order or that Federation of Planets.

A People without a Country.....are a people who have no Rights. No say about anything. Ones sovereignty prevents that.

When we have colonies all over the galaxy.....maybe then All can believe in such a thing, as a New World Order or that Federation of Planets.

I've no idea how your position reached outer space, but it would be nice if it could return to reality.

While I do not like the military government of Egypt,I do greatly support banning the MB.

The MB and even more Pious Salafists when 70% of the Parliament seats. (Hello!)
Morsi won 51.7% of the votes in a Runoff election of Two candidates.
The people spoke quite clearly in not just the Presidential election.

There were large demonstrations against the MB but no indication/Count that they lost that confidence.
It was a classic Coup d'état.
Erdogan and his (Islamist) party have now won 3 elections. We Can't say the recent demonstrations by young more modern Turks justifies a Military coup.

The MB was banned under Mubarak too, 30 years. That worked well didn't it.
I Hate Islamists and am not fond of the religio-political system called 'Islam', but the people spoke.

Last edited:
Heya Ben.....really? Moderates again? Just what the hell is a Moderate?

I think we should all be celebrating all across the Globe. Damn near makes me want to Twist and Shout.
danceshout.gif
Let the Rest of the MB and the Terrorists see it's a party and not a jack.
2party.gif

Left or right, anyone who believes in freedom of speech and association.

I've no idea how your position reached outer space, but it would be nice if it could return to reality.

That's what I keep telling all those aligned with the Neo Cons/Neo-Libs.....and their touting of that NWO. As well as all of those that Believe that the Entire Population of the Earth, will only accept one ideology such as Democracy.

Perhaps not taking those prescribed meds for dealing with anxiety and stress would help all those like so.....might be a clue when it comes to checkin-in with reality.

Sovereignty does not prevent refugees. There should be no sovereignty for genocidal dictators. Allowing atrocities due to lines on a map is irrational and counter-productive.

Do you agree that, barring a global fall of civilization, all countries will eventually be free?

That's what I keep telling all those aligned with the Neo Cons/Neo-Libs.....and their touting of that NWO. As well as all of those that Believe that the Entire Population of the Earth, will only accept one ideology such as Democracy.

All people want to be free. It's not just "an ideology"; its human rights and development. Spare me the "some people want to be slaves!".

Ah, they like it. Look, they're so happy!

The MB and even more Pious Salafists when 70% of the Parliament seats. (Hello!)
Morsi won 51.7% of the votes in a Runoff election of Two candidates.
The people spoke quite clearly in not just the Presidential election.

There were large demonstrations against the MB but no indication/Count that they lost that confidence.
It was a classic Coup d'état.
Erdogan and his (Islamist) party have now won 3 elections. We Can't say the recent demonstrations by young more modern Turks justifies a Military coup.

The MB was banned under Mubarak too, 30 years. That worked well didn't it.
I Hate Islamists and am not fond of the religio-political system called 'Islam', but the people spoke.

Heya MB. :2wave: Wb.....haven't seen ya round much lately. Hope All is well for ya.

The one difference is now the MB can be hunted down and taken out completely. Last time they didn't go and hunt them down and eliminate them. They were allowed to stay in the shadows and grow. Which they did.

Despite their vow of Non violence.....we were shown they couldn't even keep their own law unto themselves. So going forward there would be nothing or anything they say. That should be even considered.

Also just about every county they are in.....that country wants them out. So a lot is those that align with the Sunni Doctrine. That Don't want them around and causing any problems. Getting all involved in their countries progress.

Sovereignty does not prevent refugees. There should be no sovereignty for genocidal dictators. Allowing atrocities due to lines on a map is irrational and counter-productive.

Do you agree that, barring a global fall of civilization, all countries will eventually be free?

Different tangent with Sovereignty.....can't help refugees if one is not a Country with the Power to do so, and none said anything about Genocidal dictators.....or those that would gain power like the MB. Those same genocidal dictators/bullies/call them what you will are no better than Just one man or the Mob that calls the shots.

All people want to be free. It's not just "an ideology"; its human rights and development. Spare me the "some people want to be slaves!".

Ah, they like it. Look, they're so happy!

Naturally all individuals want to be free.....and again No one said anything about people wanting to be slaves. So your exasperation isn't even warranted, with that spare me routine.

Over 5000 years and counting.

Looks like they said.....I like it, I luv it, I want some more of it. So they did!

Their Choice! Not our problem.

Back
Top Bottom