• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt Bans Muslim Brotherhood Group.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
An Egyptian court on Monday ordered the Muslim Brotherhood to be banned and its assets confiscated in a dramatic escalation of a crackdown by the military-backed government against supporters of the ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.

The ruling opens the door for a wider crackdown on the vast network of the Brotherhood, which includes social organizations that have been key for building the group's grassroots support and helping its election victories. The verdict banned the group itself — including the official association it registered under earlier this year — as well as "any institution branching out of it or ... receiving financial support from it," according to the court ruling, made public on Egypt's state official news agency MENA.

The judge at the Cairo Court for Urgent Matters also ordered the "confiscation of all the group's money, assets, and buildings" and said that an independent committee should be formed by the Cabinet to manage the money until final court orders are issued. The verdict can be appealed.....snip~

Egypt bans Muslim Brotherhood group

yes.gif
Egypt has taken the necessary steps with the MB. Now all everybody else need do is classify them as Terrorists. Hunt these bastards down to the very last one of them. Which means we could end up chasing the MB out of Egypt and into Qatar. Which I think this is a great idea. This way the MB starts anything anywhere else. We can go put our Boots on the Back of the Neck with those in Qatar. Then we don't have to take our boot off of their necks ever again.

Note Right away how the MB says they wont be going anywhere unless it is with Gods will. Can someone puuuuleeeeeeeeze smack the living **** out of this fool. Have they figured out yet......that God may have turned his back on them. Thus telling the whole planet. Do what you will with them. Time to give the MB a personal introduction to their God. Each and every last one of them.

I got a question for them and all their Sunni brethren.....hows it feel now? Can you smell the coffee yet? Is there really any good reason to not terminate all of the MB?

An Egyptian court on Monday ordered the Muslim Brotherhood to be banned and its assets confiscated in a dramatic escalation of a crackdown by the military-backed government against supporters of the ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.

The ruling opens the door for a wider crackdown on the vast network of the Brotherhood, which includes social organizations that have been key for building the group's grassroots support and helping its election victories. The verdict banned the group itself — including the official association it registered under earlier this year — as well as "any institution branching out of it or ... receiving financial support from it," according to the court ruling, made public on Egypt's state official news agency MENA.

The judge at the Cairo Court for Urgent Matters also ordered the "confiscation of all the group's money, assets, and buildings" and said that an independent committee should be formed by the Cabinet to manage the money until final court orders are issued. The verdict can be appealed.....snip~

yes.gif
Egypt has taken the necessary steps with the MB. Now all everybody else need do is classify them as Terrorists. Hunt these bastards down to the very last one of them. Which means we could end up chasing the MB out of Egypt and into Qatar. Which I think this is a great idea. This way the MB starts anything anywhere else. We can go put our Boots on the Back of the Neck with those in Qatar. Then we don't have to take our boot off of their necks ever again.

Note Right away how the MB says they wont be going anywhere unless it is with Gods will. Can someone puuuuleeeeeeeeze smack the living **** out of this fool. Have they figured out yet......that God may have turned his back on them. Thus telling the whole planet. Do what you will with them. Time to give the MB a personal introduction to their God. Each and every last one of them.

I got a question for them and all their Sunni brethren.....hows it feel now? Can you smell the coffee yet? Is there really any good reason to not terminate all of the MB?

There will be blood.

Lots more of the stuff.

Amazing. Just a couple of years ago, the MB were loved by the masses, or at least that's what we were being fed by the media. My, my, how things can change. Is there anyone over there who can fill the void of leadership, and not stir up a ****storm? Or is it just a cultural problem we're dealing with, and will be dealing with for a long time to come?

There will be blood.

Lots more of the stuff.

Mornin Gardner.....why should we care. Once these clowns are rid of once and for all. There will be a whole lot less of chaos going on throughout Africa and the ME. Start with their Clerics. Publicly lopping off their heads so the Future MB like groups know whats coming.

Or is it just a cultural problem we're dealing with, and will be dealing with for a long time to come?

The culture IS the problem.

With half the population being the product of some very serious inbreeding, how anybody could be so naïve as to as to think there could be some sort of western-style democracy there is beyond me. The ties in the Arab world are formed by blood, not by ideology, and there are really only two potential forms of government, both of which are very repressive by necessity.

Given the choice between a knuckle dragging theocracy and a strong-armed leader backed by the military, I sure know which one I would choose. At least the strong-armed leader style has the potential to deliver SOME semblance of modernity. Just look at what Ataturk did for Turkey, which isn't an Arab country, of course, but as far as principle is concerned, his leadership delivered so much to that country and it is the only formula that shows any promise considering the culture at work.

Mornin Gardner.....why should we care. Once these clowns are rid of once and for all. There will be a whole lot less of chaos going on throughout Africa and the ME. Start with their Clerics. Publicly lopping off their heads so the Future MB like groups know whats coming.
Unfortunately, the bolded may be the only thing that works for certain parts of the population there. Where are the moderates who have a grasp on any type of government besides a theocracy or dictatorship? Do they exist, and do they have any support from the masses?

yes.gif

I never much liked the Brotherhood. I have always disliked forbidding political and religious organisations.

Amazing. Just a couple of years ago, the MB were loved by the masses, or at least that's what we were being fed by the media. My, my, how things can change. Is there anyone over there who can fill the void of leadership, and not stir up a ****storm? Or is it just a cultural problem we're dealing with, and will be dealing with for a long time to come?

Mornin Liz.....yeah the Egyptian Military is showing how they can fill that void and still move the Country forward towards their so called Democracy. I think shutting down their Clerics and all the Sunni Clerics that want to try and act like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharptones is key in gaining more calm and stability. They have thrown out that MB written Constitution. Which now they can keep the MB out any of Election Process and none will need any reason to listen to these guys opening their mouths ever again. Getting Rid of them is a positive not just for Egypt. But for the Entire Planet. Moreover this will hurt AQ on the Money end.

I think we should care because everything in the world is interconnected.

I never much liked the Brotherhood. I have always disliked forbidding political and religious organisations.
The problem seems to be that there is no alternative in that part of the world, as a rule. Most people need leaders. Some of them need strong leaders. The empty space left when one leader is ousted needs to be filled, and it seems that all potential candidates over there are essentially the same.

I have to say that while I have no love for the MB and the tactics they displayed when in power, I equally have no love for a military backed judiciary that moves in and exercises the same tactics as the MB did. One can't complain that the MB was undemocratic and destroying opposition illegally when the group that ousted them is doing the exact same thing and this time there's no power in Eqypt capable of taking them down.

This has all the markings of the end of democratic reforms and a return of a Mubarak type, military backed, dictator. It may not be bad for western interests, but it's not what I would like to see happen there.

Unfortunately, the bolded may be the only thing that works for certain parts of the population there. Where are the moderates who have a grasp on any type of government besides a theocracy or dictatorship? Do they exist, and do they have any support from the masses?

Seems the only real place they have any moderates.....is Right here in the US. Which as we can see how they all go out and make any effort in letting the so called extremists take control of their alleged Religion. Put all of their own kind in check and all that. Notice they are so very very vocal and are doing all they can to assist any in taking the fanatics out to pasture. :roll:
sarcasm2.gif

I have to say that while I have no love for the MB and the tactics they displayed when in power, I equally have no love for a military backed judiciary that moves in and exercises the same tactics as the MB did. One can't complain that the MB was undemocratic and destroying opposition illegally when the group that ousted them is doing the exact same thing and this time there's no power in Eqypt capable of taking them down.

This has all the markings of the end of democratic reforms and a return of a Mubarak type, military backed, dictator. It may not be bad for western interests, but it's not what I would like to see happen there.

What you would like to see happen there and what can actually happen there considering the culture are two different things, though.

Mornin Jog. :2wave: Yeah I am not so keen on the taking out the political organizations. Course I don't think Religious Organizations should be looking to get political in the first place. Best to stick with what they allegedly know best.

I don't think to many are going to want to have anything associated to these guys ever again.

In my observations of various cultures over my lifetime, I am starting to think that dictatorships may be needed in some parts of the world, where the general populations can't culturally adapt to democracy.

It's sort of like children and parenting styles. Some children can't succeed and flourish without a strong hand of discipline. Others only need support and safekeeping by their parents.

I think we should care because everything in the world is interconnected.

Well in that context yeah maybe.....but it doesn't need to be. As all can disconnect the MB and leave no outlets for them to plug into ever again. Kinda like going from Electricity to Solar. New wave. Out with the Old and In with the New. ;)

I find very little to celebrate here.

We're back to square one, which wasn't very stable as it turned out. Watch for these repressive tactics to be extended to moderates who object to this disregard for free speech and organisation and we'll be back to widespread protests in no time.

This culture won't evolve in these circumstances and the same **** will happen again and again and again.

What you would like to see happen there and what can actually happen there considering the culture are two different things, though.

This may be true - but young people aren't as stuck in the culture and old ways as older people are and Egypt is perhaps the youngest population in all the middle east or muslim countries. I'm sure lots of people back in the mid 1700's in America thought that they would always live under the rule of the English crown and the task of changing was too great and would never work. I'm not prepared to say that young Egyptians, from what I've seen, aren't quite capable of similar determination and greatness if given the chance. But we'll see - you could very well be right.

The problem seems to be that there is no alternative in that part of the world, as a rule. Most people need leaders. Some of them need strong leaders. The empty space left when one leader is ousted needs to be filled, and it seems that all potential candidates over there are essentially the same.

Yeah Liz.....once we looked into the Islamists we should have known that other than a slight degree in belief. That they would still be Islamists. No matter the pretty colors they wear. Our people have been played from the very beginning. Both Neo Cons and the Neo Libs. So it's not partisan when we don't have those who are adequate in place dealing with those from this part of the World.

It seems democracy does better with Western military intervention and UN nation building.

There is certainly a problem building free and fair societies. I am not sure that it is regional, however. I am afraid it is quite human. The questions seem to revolve around how to get from warlord society to democracy. Because sometimes it works and other it doesn't. That means it can, if the correct parameters are in place. But what are the and who will be willing or even can to enforce them?

In my observations of various cultures over my lifetime, I am starting to think that dictatorships may be needed in some parts of the world, where the general populations can't culturally adapt to democracy.

It's sort of like children and parenting styles. Some children can't succeed and flourish without a strong hand of discipline. Others only need support and safekeeping by their parents.

You also could be right - but I have far greater faith in the abilities of young Egyptian men and women to find a different way. The old ways worked because few in the country could see what was happening in other, freer, societies. Now, with social media and all media in general, young people see everything and they are not receptive to being told what to do and how to do it.

We'll know in time.

Mornin Jog. :2wave: Yeah I am not so keen on the taking out the political organizations. Course I don't think Religious Organizations should be looking to get political in the first place. Best to stick with what they allegedly know best.

I don't think to many are going to want to have anything associated to these guys ever again.

:2wave:
Yes, it was nice to see you up and about.

Guess we will just have to watch what goes down over there. I do suspect that the US government is informed and probably has some clout. I would be wary, if they started using it too openly though.

You also could be right - but I have far greater faith in the abilities of young Egyptian men and women to find a different way. The old ways worked because few in the country could see what was happening in other, freer, societies. Now, with social media and all media in general, young people see everything and they are not receptive to being told what to do and how to do it.

We'll know in time.

The bolded will be very difficult for them, due to the fact that their religion and politics (for the majority) are inseparable.

I find very little to celebrate here.

We're back to square one, which wasn't very stable as it turned out. Watch for these repressive tactics to be extended to moderates who object to this disregard for free speech and organisation and we'll be back to widespread protests in no time.

This culture won't evolve in these circumstances and the same **** will happen again and again and again.

Heya Ben.....really? Moderates again? Just what the hell is a Moderate?

I think we should all be celebrating all across the Globe. Damn near makes me want to Twist and Shout.
danceshout.gif
Let the Rest of the MB and the Terrorists see it's a party and not a jack.
2party.gif

Back
Top Bottom