• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt Bans Muslim Brotherhood Group.....

Mornin CPW :2wave: .

:D Aloha.

....yeah I saw that they were. But now we can cut to when they are out attacking Christians and then how they have involved themselves into others affairs

No we can't. We have literally zero projection going on into Egypt right now to protect Christians, just as we aren't trying to protect Christians in Syria.

No one said it would be easy. But the start has begun and this time.....they need to end as much of as possible. Which that means killing them enmasse. 2 yrs later no one will give a damn that such befell the MB.

Yeah.... this is the Middle East. They're still very, very pissed about 1918. I somehow doubt that the MB or their supporters is going to forget any time soon. Nor is it possible ti kill them all.

I know what you mean by discrediting the false religion. Should have been done ages ago. I think it just made a mark starting to do so. I heard they rounded up 5000 Clerics of the MB. Now is the perfect time to hang each and every one of them

Yeah, except that doesn't discredit them. In fact it does the exact opposite. It discredits the SCAF in particular, democracy in general, and validates the claims of the MB.

Think about it. If back in 2009 Democrats had used their overwhelming ownership of the national government to round up and publicly execute Republican leadership, would moderates have responded to that by forgetting about the Republicans and continuing to support Democrats? Or would Democrats have overnight lost public support? How do you think the Tea Party would have responded? Do you think that their response would have been "Gosh, I guess they are right. Higher taxes and centralized control of an economy really is better"? Or do you think that they would have become radicalized and begun a long campaign of assassinating Democrats?

Take out that one Sunni School of thought and their Mosque. Right here we get to stop a lot of the extremism these jerks preach. Which at the same time delivering a message to the rest of those that follow Islam.

As to proving the AQ link to them.....follow the money.

what money?

Time for the Saud to see what we consider fun!

Our current fecklessness has left us with much reduced ability to influence the Saudis, who are now pursuing a foreign policy independent of our own in the region.

An Egyptian court on Monday ordered the Muslim Brotherhood to be banned and its assets confiscated in a dramatic escalation of a crackdown by the military-backed government against supporters of the ousted Islamist president Mohammed Morsi.

The ruling opens the door for a wider crackdown on the vast network of the Brotherhood, which includes social organizations that have been key for building the group's grassroots support and helping its election victories. The verdict banned the group itself — including the official association it registered under earlier this year — as well as "any institution branching out of it or ... receiving financial support from it," according to the court ruling, made public on Egypt's state official news agency MENA.

The judge at the Cairo Court for Urgent Matters also ordered the "confiscation of all the group's money, assets, and buildings" and said that an independent committee should be formed by the Cabinet to manage the money until final court orders are issued. The verdict can be appealed.....snip~

Egypt bans Muslim Brotherhood group

yes.gif
Egypt has taken the necessary steps with the MB. Now all everybody else need do is classify them as Terrorists. Hunt these bastards down to the very last one of them. Which means we could end up chasing the MB out of Egypt and into Qatar. Which I think this is a great idea. This way the MB starts anything anywhere else. We can go put our Boots on the Back of the Neck with those in Qatar. Then we don't have to take our boot off of their necks ever again.

Note Right away how the MB says they wont be going anywhere unless it is with Gods will. Can someone puuuuleeeeeeeeze smack the living **** out of this fool. Have they figured out yet......that God may have turned his back on them. Thus telling the whole planet. Do what you will with them. Time to give the MB a personal introduction to their God. Each and every last one of them.

I got a question for them and all their Sunni brethren.....hows it feel now? Can you smell the coffee yet? Is there really any good reason to not terminate all of the MB?

"I support freedom so much that I'm willing to make it illegal to freely assemble and associate with other likeminded individuals."

No its not good.

:D Aloha.

No we can't. We have literally zero projection going on into Egypt right now to protect Christians, just as we aren't trying to protect Christians in Syria.

Yeah.... this is the Middle East. They're still very, very pissed about 1918. I somehow doubt that the MB or their supporters is going to forget any time soon. Nor is it possible ti kill them all.

Yeah, except that doesn't discredit them. In fact it does the exact opposite. It discredits the SCAF in particular, democracy in general, and validates the claims of the MB.

Think about it. If back in 2009 Democrats had used their overwhelming ownership of the national government to round up and publicly execute Republican leadership, would moderates have responded to that by forgetting about the Republicans and continuing to support Democrats? Or would Democrats have overnight lost public support? How do you think the Tea Party would have responded? Do you think that their response would have been "Gosh, I guess they are right. Higher taxes and centralized control of an economy really is better"? Or do you think that they would have become radicalized and begun a long campaign of assassinating Democrats?

what money?

Our current fecklessness has left us with much reduced ability to influence the Saudis, who are now pursuing a foreign policy independent of our own in the region.

Ah.....I meant that we could put it out on video that's what they were doing. Massacring Christians, Burning their churches down, Going after western women.

It might not be possible to kill them all. Plus it doesn't just have to be SCAF.....this could be declared open hunting season. No way to know unless it is tried. Put to the test so to speak.

Now as for the money.....they have Good-n-Plenty. Here is an example.

Federal Judge Overturns Freeze of KindHearts Assets

A federal judge has ruled that the Treasury Department acted unconstitutionally when it froze the assets of KindHearts, a Muslim Brotherhood-linked charity suspected of helping to raise money for Hamas. According to a New York Times report.

Investigative research posted on GMBR detailed some of the links between KindHearts, the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood, and Hamas:....snip~

The Global Muslim Brotherhood Daily Report » Federal Judge Overturns Freeze of KindHearts Assets

You can find that they have all kinds of charities.....as well as monies for political adventures. Bank Accounts all leading to a MB members. They never figured on all of them being taken down. Hence the breakup. Thought out if one has all the money and caught. Then they have none. So it was always broken up. Course they have grown far above their numbers in the 50s. So money can be hidden in some places.

"I support freedom so much that I'm willing to make it illegal to freely assemble and associate with other likeminded individuals."

No its not good.

Glad, you recognize that with the MB. ;)

Glad, you recognize that with the MB. ;)

No I don't, if you can't see the irony in protecting freedom by banning association, speech, assembly, basically everything in our 1st amendment than you don't understand what freedom really is.

Ah.....I meant that we could put it out on video that's what they were doing. Massacring Christians, Burning their churches down, Going after western women.

It might not be possible to kill them all. Plus it doesn't just have to be SCAF.....this could be declared open hunting season. No way to know unless it is tried. Put to the test so to speak.

Sure, and the same is true of surrendering and giving in to Shariah law. We don't know until we try it how it will work out for sure.

....But we can use reason and some basic history to make some pretty well-informed guesses. Just like we can with the SCAFs current short-sighted policies.

Now as for the money.....they have Good-n-Plenty. Here is an example.

Federal Judge Overturns Freeze of KindHearts Assets

A federal judge has ruled that the Treasury Department acted unconstitutionally when it froze the assets of KindHearts, a Muslim Brotherhood-linked charity suspected of helping to raise money for Hamas. According to a New York Times report.

Investigative research posted on GMBR detailed some of the links between KindHearts, the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood, and Hamas:....snip~

The Global Muslim Brotherhood Daily Report » Federal Judge Overturns Freeze of KindHearts Assets

You can find that they have all kinds of charities.....as well as monies for political adventures. Bank Accounts all leading to a MB members. They never figured on all of them being taken down. Hence the breakup. Thought out if one has all the money and caught. Then they have none. So it was always broken up. Course they have grown far above their numbers in the 50s. So money can be hidden in some places.

Uh... yeah, they are absolutely connected, deeply, to Hamas. But you didn't say Hamas, you said al-Qaeda.

Sure, and the same is true of surrendering and giving in to Shariah law. We don't know until we try it how it will work out for sure.

....But we can use reason and some basic history to make some pretty well-informed guesses. Just like we can with the SCAFs current short-sighted policies.

Uh... yeah, they are absolutely connected, deeply, to Hamas. But you didn't say Hamas, you said al-Qaeda.

Bit different on the semantics I would say.....I would still disagree.

Yeah that was just to show you that the members are tied with the money to charities. That one was to Hamas. They have hundreds maybe even more. Money for their branches. Money like for the Golden Shield Brigade in Syria. To move Foreign Fighters around. Money taken in by all their Clerics, Everywhere they are at. So again its following the money around. Which I am sure they will be moving too.

No I don't, if you can't see the irony in protecting freedom by banning association, speech, assembly, basically everything in our 1st amendment than you don't understand what freedom really is.

Perhaps you should explain that to the MB when it comes to Womens Rights.....and that of those Christians.

Do you think that is something they understand.....why you pop off with that garbage about what I don't know. Or were you going for the hypocrisy roll out? :roll:

Heya CPW.....check some of these out. All links. Let the MB tell all themselves.

RECOMMENDED READING: “Rise And Fall Of Muslim Brotherhood In UAE”

Leader of Swedish Muslim Brotherhood Organization Resigns From Social Democrats Over Bias Allegations

GlobalMB on BREAKING NEWS: Salah Sultan Listed As Speaker At French Muslim Brotherhood Conference

The Muslim Brotherhood in Belgium

Muslim Brotherhood in the Netherlands

Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)

Perhaps you should explain that to the MB when it comes to Womens Rights.....and that of those Christians.

Do you think that is something they understand.....why you pop off with that garbage about what I don't know. Or were you going for the hypocrisy roll out? :roll:

You know what we do in the US when a group or individual uses their free speech rights to demand that rights be taken from other folks? We rely on our laws that define and protect our freedoms to prevent that but we don't ban the group or arrest the person for speaking.

The MB in Egypt is not friendly towards individual rights as we define them but it was democratically elected and Egyptian people have a different idea of what they want their society to look like. Violently overthrowing them has not taken the country further towards democracy but has basically installed a military dictatorship

You know what we do in the US when a group or individual uses their free speech rights to demand that rights be taken from other folks? We rely on our laws that define and protect our freedoms to prevent that but we don't ban the group or arrest the person for speaking.

The MB in Egypt is not friendly towards individual rights as we define them but it was democratically elected and Egyptian people have a different idea of what they want their society to look like. Violently overthrowing them has not taken the country further towards democracy but has basically installed a military dictatorship

Well, now just maybe they can try and get it Right.....and actually go with what the people of Egypt wants and not what the MB wants and without their being round to influence the masses otherwise.

Having some real freedom to choose. Considering that SCAF says they will hold Elections after the rounding up and breaking down of the MB. Consider it a temporary set back.

Heya CPW.....check some of these out. All links. Let the MB tell all themselves.

RECOMMENDED READING: “Rise And Fall Of Muslim Brotherhood In UAE”

Leader of Swedish Muslim Brotherhood Organization Resigns From Social Democrats Over Bias Allegations

GlobalMB on BREAKING NEWS: Salah Sultan Listed As Speaker At French Muslim Brotherhood Conference

The Muslim Brotherhood in Belgium

Muslim Brotherhood in the Netherlands

Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)

I'm aware of the trans-regional presence of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Egyptian Branch is the original, the parent-organization.

But none of this actually disputes anything I said, or demonstrates anything that you said... that the Muslim Brotherhood is connected to Islamist networks throughout Europe (lots of educational societies in particular) does not demonstrate a financial relationship with Al-Qaeda, nor does it make them less capable of appealing to popular opinion (quite the opposite).

Well, now just maybe they can try and get it Right.....and actually go with what the people of Egypt wants and not what the MB wants and without their being round to influence the masses otherwise.

The MB were legitimately elected - they were what "the egyptian people wanted". The way that you allocate legitimacy in representative government is through elections. The idiots in Tahiri Square no more delegitimized Morsi than the anti-war protests in 2006 meant that Bush wasn't really president any more.

Having some real freedom to choose. Considering that SCAF says they will hold Elections after the rounding up and breaking down of the MB. Consider it a temporary set back.

Yeah, real freedom to choose. Unless you choose something that the military leadership doesn't like. Then you get hunted down and killed. :roll:

But it's okay! Because it's only "temporary". Because if there is one thing that narcissistic autocrats are known for, it's willingly giving up power that they seized during crises. :roll:

Dude, I get that you don't like the MB. Dittos. But don't take the logic and stance of the opposite side simply because you oppose Islamism.

I'm aware of the trans-regional presence of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Egyptian Branch is the original, the parent-organization.

But none of this actually disputes anything I said, or demonstrates anything that you said... that the Muslim Brotherhood is connected to Islamist networks throughout Europe (lots of educational societies in particular) does not demonstrate a financial relationship with Al-Qaeda, nor does it make them less capable of appealing to popular opinion (quite the opposite).

I kinda figured ya did.....plus you have seen some of the Strafor Analysis. Still many others aren't aware.

That's why I mentioned things like the Golden Shield Brigade, moving foreign fighters around. How the money is branched out. Course now it will be even harder to discover some direct link to AQ with all the Ansar al Shariah groups that have sprung up from Yemen to the Maghreb. Moreover, I think an investigation into the Clerics of the MB will give more of a certainty as to that connection to AQ.

I kinda figured ya did.....plus you have seen some of the Strafor Analysis. Still many others aren't aware.

That's why I mentioned things like the Golden Shield Brigade, moving foreign fighters around. How the money is branched out. Course now it will be even harder to discover some direct link to AQ with all the Ansar al Shariah groups that have sprung up from Yemen to the Maghreb. Moreover, I think an investigation into the Clerics of the MB will give more of a certainty as to that connection to AQ.

Stratfor is smart people.

Having driven MB underground, you are correct, collecting on them will be much harder now. But I think the likelihood of demonstrating a historical financial relationship with AQ is.... unlikely. Especially given their 2007 denunciation of Al Qaeda, and AQI's returning the favor.

Stratfor is smart people.

Having driven MB underground, you are correct, collecting on them will be much harder now. But I think the likelihood of demonstrating a historical financial relationship with AQ is.... unlikely. Especially given their 2007 denunciation of Al Qaeda, and AQI's returning the favor.

That was when OBL was still alive. Al Zawahiri was always the influence.....and I think that was all done for show. The Mb wouldn't want to be classified as terrorists and put on that list. Affect their monies while freezing personal assets. Plus AQ wouldn't want to throw away any money source at that time. That was my thinking on that. As they needed revenue back then. Coincydincy like too. ;)

That was when OBL was still alive. Al Zawahiri was always the influence.....and I think that was all done for show. The Mb wouldn't want to be classified as terrorists and put on that list. Affect their monies while freezing personal assets. Plus AQ wouldn't want to throw away any money source at that time. That was my thinking on that. As they needed revenue back then. Coincydincy like too. ;)

:shrug: Well if you're going to go with a baseless conspiracy-ish theory, there really is no answer to that. But it does indicate that you are unlikely to be able to convince the Arab populace.

:shrug: Well if you're going to go with a baseless conspiracy-ish theory, there really is no answer to that. But it does indicate that you are unlikely to be able to convince the Arab populace.

Its not baseless nor conspiracy-ish.....when you have the MB providing arms, supplies, food and aid, and tech, and most of all Foreign fighters for other countries. Like I said most seem to think if we follow the money and get to those clerics. We will have the answer we should have been looking for. But wasn't for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom