• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt: Appointment of new Luxor governor sparks anger

Fallenangel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
BBC News - Morsi gives Egypt governorships to Islamist allies
"Egypt's President Mohammed Morsi has appointed a number of Islamist allies as regional governors.
The move strengthens what many see as the Muslim Brotherhood's grip on power.
The Brotherhood and its allies now control 13 of Egypt's 27 governorships."

BBC News - Egypt: Appointment of new Luxor governor sparks anger
"Egypt's tourism minister has said he will quit in protest at the appointment of a governor in the city of Luxor with links to an Islamist group that carried out an attack there in the 1990s. But the prime minister said he would not accept Hesham Zazou's resignation.
There were protests in Luxor against the new governor, Adel Khayat."

Egypt tourism minister resigns over new Islamist Luxor governor - Telegraph
"Egypt's minister of tourism has resigned following the appointment of a new governor in the temple city of Luxor who belongs to an Islamist party linked to a deadly attack on tourists, state TV has announced."

Egyptian protesters besiege Hamas at Cairo hotel | The Times of Israel
"Hundreds of Egyptian protesters gathered outside the Intercontinental Hotel in Cairo Monday evening to protest the visit of a high-ranking Hamas delegation to the country.
Organized by grassroots anti-Morsi organizations including the Coalition of Army Veterans and The Free Front for Peaceful Change, the protesters chanted anti-Hamas slogans and carried signs reading “The Egyptian people reject traitors in our land,” and “Who will you kill this time?” They were referring to Hamas’s believed involvement in terrorist activity in Sinai and in stirring violence during the anti-Mubarak uprising of 2011."

Some people in the Egyptian nation apparently are trying to oppose the Islamisation of their own country - I wonder how much more they would be able to stand their ground against the influence of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafis.

Cheers,
Fallen.

Violent clashes in Egypt amid warnings of civil war - Telegraph

"The renewed upheaval follows increased discontent from Mr Morsi’s liberal and secular opponents, who accuse the president and his Muslim Brotherhood organisation of hijacking the 2011 revolution that toppled the dictator Hosni Mubarak.

Opposition forces have vowed to stage a huge rally in Cairo’s Tahrir Square on Sunday — a year to the day since Mr Morsi’s election - which they vow will be a precursor for driving him from office. Organisers claim to have collected a 15 million signature petition calling for the end of Mr Morsi’s rule."

Another potential civil war in the making....

Fallen.

Violent clashes in Egypt amid warnings of civil war - Telegraph

"The renewed upheaval follows increased discontent from Mr Morsi’s liberal and secular opponents, who accuse the president and his Muslim Brotherhood organisation of hijacking the 2011 revolution that toppled the dictator Hosni Mubarak.

Opposition forces have vowed to stage a huge rally in Cairo’s Tahrir Square on Sunday — a year to the day since Mr Morsi’s election - which they vow will be a precursor for driving him from office. Organisers claim to have collected a 15 million signature petition calling for the end of Mr Morsi’s rule."

Another potential civil war in the making....

Fallen.

It appears that Egyptians are learning their lesson. Islamists are no better than dictators.

It appears that Egyptians are learning their lesson. Islamists are no better than dictators.

Not exactly, but the elites (sometimes secular and westernized) that grew under the rule of Mubarak, indeed find it very hard to digest that "their" revolution was stolen from them.

However, the biggest problem for Egypt right now is that these "opposition" groups have nothing to offer either - their slogans haven't changed, they only replaced Mubarak with Morsi - "Down with X!", "We want democracy...!", etc.
They don't know how to feed the nation, decrease the unemployment, solve the water problems, solve Sinai problems....

A country of the size and complexity of Egypt can not be ruled by the "street", if this chaos would continue they indeed might slide into civil/sectarian war.

Cheers,
Fallen.

However, the biggest problem for Egypt right now is that these "opposition" groups have nothing to offer either - their slogans haven't changed, they only replaced Mubarak with Morsi - "Down with X!", "We want democracy...!", etc.

Why should their slogan have changed? They are still seeking democracy, the process will probably take a generation or two. I don't know where you get the impression that these things happen overnight.

They don't know how to feed the nation, decrease the unemployment, solve the water problems, solve Sinai problems....

Who does?

Why should their slogan have changed? They are still seeking democracy, the process will probably take a generation or two. I don't know where you get the impression that these things happen overnight.

Because what Egypt needs is food, water, jobs, and peace... not amorphous promises of "democracy" and "freedom".

Who does?

No one, neither Morsi nor "the street"

Cheers,
Fallen.

Last edited:
Morsi is not an Islamist or he is a false Islamist . I don't know when the obvious deception finishes

Not exactly, but the elites (sometimes secular and westernized) that grew under the rule of Mubarak, indeed find it very hard to digest that "their" revolution was stolen from them.
The elite, be it successful businessmen or even celebrities supported Mubarak during the revolution, also considering that the brotherhood initially supported Mubarak too until they realized hes going down, its fair to say that it is not "their" revolution.

However, the biggest problem for Egypt right now is that these "opposition" groups have nothing to offer either
Why do you keep using quotation marks? how about putting qualified people in government as opposed to a bunch of poorly qualified Islamists from different Islamist parties? that alone would be a huge improvement, also how do you know what their slogans are?

The elite, be it successful businessmen or even celebrities supported Mubarak during the revolution, also considering that the brotherhood initially supported Mubarak too until they realized hes going down, its fair to say that it is not "their" revolution.

So in your opinion that revolution belongs to whom exactly?

Why do you keep using quotation marks? how about putting qualified people in government as opposed to a bunch of poorly qualified Islamists from different Islamist parties? that alone would be a huge improvement, also how do you know what their slogans are?

How about offering some solutions besides the regular "Down with X!", "Put us in power instead!", and "Democracy now!" ...?

You also forgot to mention that these poorly qualified people where chosen by your own nation...what about democracy?!?..the will of the people?!? ...or it's only democracy when the candidates that you like are wining...lol.

Fallen.

So in your opinion that revolution belongs to whom exactly?
To the people.

How about offering some solutions besides the regular "Down with X!", "Put us in power instead!", and "Democracy now!" ...?
Again you are speaking about something you have no idea about, do you know Arabic? do you keep up with the Egyptian opposition? can you actually name anyone form the opposition or any of their suggestions?

You also forgot to mention that these poorly qualified people where chosen by your own nation...
what about democracy?!?..the will of the people?!? ...or it's only democracy when the candidates that you like are wining...lol.

The people did not make the choices and appointments that Morsi made, the will of the people is to have early elections.

Morsi Meter - ???? ????

Am not Egyptian btw, and am not actually for democracy as it currently stands.

To the people.
The people did not make the choices and appointments that Morsi made, the will of the people is to have early elections.
Morsi Meter - ???? ????

Ah yes "the people" and a facebook based "poll"....I loled.... the Salafi supporters, the Muslim Brotherhood supporters, the elites, the Mubarak supporters are people too you know, so I ask you again to whom this revolution belongs in your opinion? - and this time please spare me from your generic slogans.

Again you are speaking about something you have no idea about, do you know Arabic? do you keep up with the Egyptian opposition? can you actually name anyone form the opposition or any of their suggestions?

So, educate me... show me their proposals how to supply work/food, recover the economy, prevent the Islamisation, solve the water problems, solve the Sinai problems - and to do all of this in short periods of time...and btw when you name these people and their proposals show me how much support they and their proposed policies have among the overall population.

Am not Egyptian btw, and am not actually for democracy as it currently stands.

So what kind of democracy do you want/propose - that in which only those who you support are ruling the country?

Fallen.

Ah yes "the people" and a facebook based "poll"....I loled.... the Salafi supporters, the Muslim Brotherhood supporters, the elites, the Mubarak supporters are people too you know, so I ask you again to whom this revolution belongs in your opinion? - and this time please spare me from your generic slogans.
Yet again you have no clue about what you're talking about so why do you insist on embarrassing yourself? the site I linked it is not to a poll but for the president's failed promises.
The brotherhood has lost its credibility, hence the people are getting rid of them tomorrow. Those not supporting the protesters are mainly against them out of fear of increased security risk (which Morsi failed to deal with sufficiently) and not out of support for him.

So, educate me... show me their proposals how to supply work/food, recover the economy, prevent the Islamisation, solve the water problems, solve the Sinai problems - and to do all of this in short periods of time...and btw when you name these people and their proposals show me how much support they and their proposed policies have among the overall population.
Its funny that you are now asking me to provide you with the information you supposedly already have, its not how it works, if you know nothing about the opposition which you clearly don't, don't make silly claims about it and instead go educate yourself, Just because you haven't bothered doesn't mean its not there.

Last edited:
So what kind of democracy do you want/propose - that in which only those who you support are ruling the country?
Fallen.

the one Palestinian can have.

and one thing about this topic, Morsi have not been president by Egyptian Voting in a legal election?!

Last edited:
Yet again you have no clue about what you're talking about so why do you insist on embarrassing yourself? the site I linked it is not to a poll but for the president's failed promises.
The brotherhood has lost its credibility, hence the people are getting rid of them tomorrow. Those not supporting the protesters are mainly against them out of fear of increased security risk (which Morsi failed to deal with sufficiently) and not out of support for him.

Of course i don't...of course...lol.
Btw the "site" you linked is indeed relying on "polling data" from facebook - read through your own link a bit more carefully.
Our sample for the poll consists of about 3092 votes of internet users and Facebook. Distributed over most of Egypt's regions. In the period between 1.9.12 to 6.10.12.

So, instead of trying to jump around and avoid my question, simply try to answer it.
To whom this revolution belongs in your opinion?

Its funny that you are now asking me to provide you with the information you supposedly already have, its not how it works, if you know nothing about the opposition which you clearly don't, don't make silly claims about it and instead go educate yourself, Just because you haven't bothered doesn't mean its not there.

Again...of course i don't know a thing...of course...so, go ahead and educate me.

Show me their proposals how to supply work/food, recover the economy, prevent the Islamisation, solve the water problems, solve the Sinai problems - and to do all of this in short periods of time...and btw when you name these people and their proposals show me how much support they and their proposed policies have among the overall population.

Fallen.

the one Palestinian can have.
and one thing about this topic, Morsi have not been president by Egyptian Voting in a legal election?!

I really did not understand what you were trying to say here...:confused:

Fallen.

I really did not understand what you were trying to say here...:confused:

Fallen.

first part is enough clear i guess :) and for second part:

the oppositions trying to get down Morsi by democracy slogan, my question is Morsi have not been chosen by a democratic election?!

first part is enough clear i guess :) and for second part:
the oppositions trying to get down Morsi by democracy slogan, my question is Morsi have not been chosen by a democratic election?!

Yeap, unfortunately he was.
Tell this to L0neW0lf that thinks that the "people" should rule - forgetting to define who are those people exactly.

Fallen.

Of course i don't...of course...lol.
Btw the "site" you linked is indeed relying on "polling data" from facebook - read through your own link a bit more carefully.
Our sample for the poll consists of about 3092 votes of internet users and Facebook. Distributed over most of Egypt's regions. In the period between 1.9.12 to 6.10.12.

So, instead of trying to jump around and avoid my question, simply try to answer it.
To whom this revolution belongs in your opinion?

As I said, the site I linked to is about measuring the president's success, not popularity. there is no way in hell he has a 40% approval rating in Egypt atm (the poll was conducted a year ago making it irrelevant), I don't need Facebook to know what people think when I can take a stroll outside and get the picture.

As for the question I've ignored it since I already answered it sufficiently, plus its silly to keep that asking it when its probably the least important thing you've said in the original post, anyway it belongs to the people. Those who participated in and supported it not the people who condemned it and wanted to stop it.

Again...of course i don't know a thing...of course...so, go ahead and educate me.
Glad we've established that, it is not my job to educate you.

I remember when Mubarak was overthrown thinking that I was pleased the people got what they wanted... but worried because they weren't more careful what they wished for.

Pure democracy is tyranny of the majority. Unfortunately, the minorities will continue to be oppressed and have little to no voice in their government.

As I said, the site I linked to is about measuring the president's success, not popularity. there is no way in hell he has a 40% approval rating in Egypt atm (the poll was conducted a year ago making it irrelevant), I don't need Facebook to know what people think when I can take a stroll outside and get the picture.

As for the question I've ignored it since I already answered it sufficiently, plus its silly to keep that asking it when its probably the least important thing you've said in the original post, anyway it belongs to the people. Those who participated in and supported it not the people who condemned it and wanted to stop it.

The site you linked measures this success based on internet and facebook polling data, like i showed you in my previous post... lol.

You haven't answered a thing, instead providing empty slogans like "the people"... it seems that the people in your opinion are only those who you like, though.
But by your own definition, the Salafi supporters, the Muslim Brotherhood supporters are also the people - so who are you to say to them that this revolution belongs to someone else?!

So i ask you again; To whom this revolution belongs in your opinion?

Glad we've established that, it is not my job to educate you.

First of all, here is a lil definition for you - just for the sake of general education;
Sarcasm - is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."

Second, now that we established that you have nothing to say except empty slogans like "Power to the people!". Maybe instead of claiming that I know nothing about anything you'd at least try and present what you claimed you have and know so well i.e;

Show me their proposals how to supply work/food, recover the economy, prevent the Islamisation, solve the water problems, solve the Sinai problems - and to do all of this in short periods of time...and btw when you name these people and their proposals show me how much support they and their proposed policies have among the overall population.

Fallen.

I think that the Egyptians should go back to having a pharaoh. That worked for a good 3000 years, they could use a stable government again :mrgreen:

The site you linked measures this success based on internet and facebook polling data, like i showed you in my previous post... lol.

No it doesn't

http://postimage.org/app.php

Do you want a bigger picture with more colors or is this clear enough?

You haven't answered a thing, instead providing empty slogans like "the people"... it seems that the people in your opinion are only those who you like, though.
But by your own definition, the Salafi supporters, the Muslim Brotherhood supporters are also the people - so who are you to say to them that this revolution belongs to someone else?!
So i ask you again; To whom this revolution belongs in your opinion?

Again you continue to show your ignorance, the Brotherhood came late to the revolution (initially saying they will not participate) when the protesters called for civil disobedience the brotherhood went against that, even after they officially joined they didn't add Mubarak stepping down to their list of demands until February 1st, when on the first day people were asking for that, in fact they met with Omar Suleiman (the second most hated person in Egypt after Mubarak at the time) in order to negotiate a place in government.

First of all, here is a lil definition for you - just for the sake of general education;
Sarcasm - is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."
Lol sharp? since you obviously know nothing about it your "sarcasm" isn't actually sarcasm but truth, ironic no?

Fallen.
Like I said earlier it is not my job to educate you, go do what everyone else does, read a book or a newspaper or something, and stop giving your uneducated unsubstantiated opinions as facts you are not actually required to post in all threads in this section.

Second, now that we established that you have nothing to say except empty slogans like "Power to the people!".

More like that the only good thing you know how to do is use silly straw man arguments, please mention that Facebook poll again its getting amusing.

Who does?

What happened for the last 20 years?

Okay whats the answer for the last 40 years?

Just what does this Overnight BS entail? How many decades does this happening overnight count up in time!

I think that the Egyptians should go back to having a pharaoh. That worked for a good 3000 years, they could use a stable government again :mrgreen:

I would agree with you ML. IMO they should go back to their Own Gods and drop the religion of the Arabs without taking any questions!

Back
Top Bottom