• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood to Coptic Christians: Convert to Islam, or pay ‘jizya’ tax

Slyhunter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The Muslim Brotherhood and its supporters have began forcing the roughly 15,000 Christian Copts of Dalga village in Egypt to pay a jizya tax as indicated in Koran 9:29, author and translator Raymond Ibrahim reported on Sunday.Jizya is the money, or tribute, “that conquered non-Muslims historically had to pay to their Islamic overlords ‘with willing submission and while feeling themselves subdued’ to safeguard their existence,” Mr. Ibrahim explained.

In some cases, families not able to pay have been attacked. As many as 40 Christian families have now fled Dalga, Mr. Ibrahim reported.
The taxes are not unique to Egypt either.
Just over the weekend Syrian rebels went into a Christian man’s “shop and gave him three options: become Muslim; pay $70,000 as a tax levied on non-Muslims, known as jizya; or be killed along with his family,” Christian Science Monitor reported.

Read more: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood to Coptic Christians: Convert to Islam, or pay 'jizya' tax - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

They are at war with the rest of us. It is a war of survival and they are winning.

Re: Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood to Coptic Christians: Convert to Islam, or pay ‘jizya’

They are at war with the rest of us. It is a war of survival and they are winning.[/FONT][/COLOR]

The rest of us? They're not at war with me, I don't live in Egypt or Syria.

I really wish you would make up your mind here. In numerous other posts of yours on the Syrian topic you state things like
There is nobody in Syria to fight for. Therefore we should stay out of it.
and
Who gives a **** about Syria. Not our problem.

One minute what happens in Syria is not your problem, in the next breath you're apparently all concerned about Christian families in syria.

Meanwhile, some of us are consistently concerned about all of the innocent civillians caught up in the mess. Christian and non Christian.

Re: Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood to Coptic Christians: Convert to Islam, or pay ‘jizya’

The rest of us? They're not at war with me, I don't live in Egypt or Syria.

I really wish you would make up your mind here. In numerous other posts of yours on the Syrian topic you state things like and

One minute what happens in Syria is not your problem, in the next breath you're apparently all concerned about Christian families in syria.

Meanwhile, some of us are consistently concerned about all of the innocent civillians caught up in the mess. Christian and non Christian.

Your president disagrees with you. I really wish you would make up your mind.

Your president disagrees with you. I really wish you would make up your mind.

He's not my President.

They are at war with the rest of us. It is a war of survival and they are winning.[/FONT][/COLOR]

They were supported by your president.
If they are your enemy, than you have the enemy inside.
I'm starting to think that maybe Obama is an infiltrated of Al-Qaeda. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom