• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Education Master Plan Part Deux (or 3, 4, 5...)

laska

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Two part plan:

1.The creation of a site that provides amazing virtual education/jobtraining across several high volume platforms as an additional tool for students, teachers, and everyone, and 2. A re-design of k-12 in how it is structurally organized and funded.

1. Need an Elon Musk type visionary to create a virtual education/jobtraing site on STEROIDS with amazing courses at the price of an itune($.99) or of a subscription to the entire site at the price of Netflix ($9.99/M), on a myriad of high volume platforms such as Xbox, Amazon, Apple TV, etc, easily available in the comfort of the home on the bigscreen. The site would have an ipreschool, ikindargarden, ielementary, ijuniorhigh, ihighschool, iuniversity, and ijobtraining. Amazing courses that are fun, addictive, and come in several different learning styles created by teams with top talent in the academic, video game, and entertainment industries with budgets like popular video games.

The market for the ischool at the magnitude envisioned is huge. In the U.S. there are approximately 55 million k-12 students, 1.8 million homeschoolers, 20 million college students, 23 million households on foodstamps, and 2.3 million people in prison. All of these groups will want subscriptions to such a site . Government will want to subsidize the $.99/downloaded course or $9.99/M subscription for many of them. That is over $12 billion a year potential market in the U.S. alone not counting adult learning/jobtraining outside the listed demographics and a global marketabove. Let's say the ischool brings in 10 billion a year, that is enough for the site to create/buy 1000 courses a year with an average budget of 10 million per course.

2. k-12
State/local government strictly fund k-12 education throuh vouchers where parents can send their kids to any school, public, private, homeschool, that they want. The government gets completely out of creating curriculum and teaching. Solely fund through vouchers, and also finance and maintain physical facilities of public schools.

The only influence on curriculum the government will have is requiring a basic structure on the public schools as follows: 1/Parents of the students will choose from among themselves something like 12 volunteer non paid board of directors. 2/These directors will choose from a myriad of private educational companies a company to run the school, hired on a yearly contract. This company will then provide a CEO to run the school. 3/The public high school will be set up with something like eight degree programs that students can freely choose to major and minor in along with a required standard base curriculum and gifted program. Degree programs such as Science/engineering, IT/Programming/Graphic Arts, Trade school on steroids, Extreme first responders, Business/entrepreneurship, Writing/English, Music/Arts, Bachelor of Arts. 4/The CEO with help from his home company and the board of directors of the school will choose from a myriad of educational companies one to implement and teach each of the six degree programs on a yearly contract. For example to run the school the board of directors may choose Khan Academy from a myriad of educational companies that specialize in the running of schools. Then the leadership of the school may choose from many options a MIT educational company for the science/engineering program, a Cal Tech company for the IT/graphic arts program, Elon Musk's Ad Astra "to the Stars" for the gifted program, etc. The virtual ischool will be an important resource for teachers, students, and the educational companies hired to implement and teach each degree program.

Two part plan:

1.The creation of a site that provides amazing virtual education/jobtraining across several high volume platforms as an additional tool for students, teachers, and everyone, and 2. A re-design of k-12 in how it is structurally organized and funded.

1. Need an Elon Musk type visionary to create a virtual education/jobtraing site on STEROIDS with amazing courses at the price of an itune($.99) or of a subscription to the entire site at the price of Netflix ($9.99/M), on a myriad of high volume platforms such as Xbox, Amazon, Apple TV, etc, easily available in the comfort of the home on the bigscreen. The site would have an ipreschool, ikindargarden, ielementary, ijuniorhigh, ihighschool, iuniversity, and ijobtraining. Amazing courses that are fun, addictive, and come in several different learning styles created by teams with top talent in the academic, video game, and entertainment industries with budgets like popular video games.

The market for the ischool at the magnitude envisioned is huge. In the U.S. there are approximately 55 million k-12 students, 1.8 million homeschoolers, 20 million college students, 23 million households on foodstamps, and 2.3 million people in prison. All of these groups will want subscriptions to such a site . Government will want to subsidize the $.99/downloaded course or $9.99/M subscription for many of them. That is over $12 billion a year potential market in the U.S. alone not counting adult learning/jobtraining outside the listed demographics and a global marketabove. Let's say the ischool brings in 10 billion a year, that is enough for the site to create/buy 1000 courses a year with an average budget of 10 million per course.

2. k-12
State/local government strictly fund k-12 education throuh vouchers where parents can send their kids to any school, public, private, homeschool, that they want. The government gets completely out of creating curriculum and teaching. Solely fund through vouchers, and also finance and maintain physical facilities of public schools.

The only influence on curriculum the government will have is requiring a basic structure on the public schools as follows: 1/Parents of the students will choose from among themselves something like 12 volunteer non paid board of directors. 2/These directors will choose from a myriad of private educational companies a company to run the school, hired on a yearly contract. This company will then provide a CEO to run the school. 3/The public high school will be set up with something like eight degree programs that students can freely choose to major and minor in along with a required standard base curriculum and gifted program. Degree programs such as Science/engineering, IT/Programming/Graphic Arts, Trade school on steroids, Extreme first responders, Business/entrepreneurship, Writing/English, Music/Arts, Bachelor of Arts. 4/The CEO with help from his home company and the board of directors of the school will choose from a myriad of educational companies one to implement and teach each of the six degree programs on a yearly contract. For example to run the school the board of directors may choose Khan Academy from a myriad of educational companies that specialize in the running of schools. Then the leadership of the school may choose from many options a MIT educational company for the science/engineering program, a Cal Tech company for the IT/graphic arts program, Elon Musk's Ad Astra "to the Stars" for the gifted program, etc. The virtual ischool will be an important resource for teachers, students, and the educational companies hired to implement and teach each degree program.

Pay me and I will do it for you. ;)

My cut and paste skills from notebook are going down hill, forgot to add the closer "I think this system would cut about 2/3 of the costs of current system with drastic improvements in quality."

I think that's like a half a trillion dollars a year saved.

Pay me and I will do it for you. ;)

Maybe when Tesla becomes a trillion dollar company I'll cash in some stock. I've given Musk and Richard Branson keys to eternal life in 140 characters or less. You'd think they'd do this little favor for me.

I know, the totality of it is mind bottling.

Back
Top Bottom