• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EDL marches in Bolton, descends into foaming Islamic frenzy

Republic_Of_Public

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Wherever the EDL stages a provocative march, trouble bubbles up:

UK: Riots in Dudley, Muslim gangs reportedly attacking people - Jihad Watch

It takes two to tango. As in Birmingham or London, extremist fundamentalist Muslims don't merely stage counter-protests but launch the usual full-scale, high-octane riots in their overblown outrage.

And what's more, the riot police appear to be breaking some heads to keep order as Islamic louts try to land their own hits, and even drive cars into them by accounts.

And before the likes of Alexa chip in, I say again that I have no time for the EDL. I've even made Youtube videos slamming them as oppertunistic hooligans out for as much of a vulgar dust-up as the opposition. And I also say that most Muslims also want to avoid the destructive confrontation, which is the preserve of the EDL, radical Islamics and self-styled 'anti fascists' alike.

The EDL and radical Muslims deserve each other. Members of both those groups are gurgling for a fight. Yet the Islamic radicals are by far the worse hooligans and thugs, also with much empathy across the whole 'community' and a wide section of the leftist political spectrum.

Even so, as long as they march peacefully then they can campaign against whatever the hell the like, without having to worry about violent showdowns with the likes of each other or the UAF group. (Such may even disappoint them!)

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/68555-edl-choose-bolton.html

Race riot flared after Muslims were urged to confront right-wing protests - Times Online

Riot police called in as demonstrators clash at anti-Muslim protest - Home News, UK - The Independent , etc.

The EDL, the standard bearers of freedom in the UK....

No. But until the likes of the Express, Mail or even the Mirror carry the story, this seemingly otherwise acceptable article I'll use anyway.

Last edited:
Wherever the EDL stages a provocative march, trouble bubbles up:
The bolded is a clue.

With that said; I join you in disdain of those who fight loutishness with loutishness. That just leads to pointless violence, and the louts tend to benefit from the ensuing media frenzy (following the ancient rule of 'no such thing as bad publicity').

-- But until the likes of the Express, Mail or even the Mirror carry the story, this seemingly otherwise acceptable article I'll use anyway.

Maybe the mainstream aren't carrying this story because it doesn't exist?

I'm simply speculating here - "jihad watch" is an American blog so I doubt they'll have the resources on the ground to corroborate this story.

There's certainly been trouble up there. And even if, for the sake of argument, the real event didn't go as described, there would still be headline fodder for an eye-catching 'EDL IN RIOT CHAOS' story.

Back
Top Bottom