• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EDL choose Bolton

alexa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
for their latest little encounter with UAF. Why am I not surprised.

The EDL says it opposes "militant Islam" and Sharia law.

BBC News - Police battle to control EDL and UAF protest in Bolton

:2rofll:

But who are the two children fighting? Muslims :2no4: Just the EDL and the UAF.

Are the UAF necessary? Is it good that they are there because they send out a message to ordinary Muslims that people would not stand by if anyone tried any fascist activity, or do they encourage the EDL?

But this does pose an interesting question - the far Left are quick off the blocks to protest the BNP or EDL, but where are they when the likes of Anjem Chouderay come out to play?

Aren't those supremacists undeniably fascist? Or perhaps they are the 'wrong' fascists, vehemently anti-West, anti-US and anti-Democracy as they are and so thus worthy of patronage.

Hmm, thought as much: The modern left and Islamic fascism

And that's the modern Left's intellectual leadership, wanting in self-hate as it is since their beloved 'misunderstood' USSR collapsed!

But this does pose an interesting question - the far Left are quick off the blocks to protest the BNP or EDL, but where are they when the likes of Anjem Chouderay come out to play?

Pathetic. Your belief that to be against the EDL is 'far left' shows just how extreme right you must be.

You do though make a fair point in linking the BNP and the EDL - The BNP and EDL

and you fail completely in your belief that people who you believe are 'far left' have not criticised Anjem Chouderay, even in this very section.. but hey live your fantasies, provided they do not harm anyone.;)

Last edited:
Ooo, don't pelt me with any more of your creamy patronising wank! Can't stand the smell any longer!

As usual I'm misrepresented by some of the more aloof patrons of this panel. I didn't say that to be anti-EDL equals being far-Left, nor that Lefties haven't criticised Choudray.

But I give you full marks for your deluded hyperbole though. That's all that's left if you're not able to marshal the facts. And I also praise your high-handed way in completely ducking the question, well done.

So will the 'anti-fash' come out onto the streets in force to protest people like him?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73ePf_2KVw"]YouTube- Anjem Choudary talks of 7.7.[/ame]

Or is it only the 'bad' fascists they make the effort to fight?

Last edited:
UAF accuses the EDL of being a far right party but it describes itself as a peaceful, non-political group.

So that's all it takes to hold a riot in the UK today? Just the belief that someone might be "right wing" and not "left wing".

Issues are no longer seriously discussed, symbols are sufficient.

Ooo, don't pelt me with any more of your creamy patronising wank! Can't stand the smell any longer!

As usual I'm misrepresented by some of the more aloof patrons of this panel. I didn't say that to be anti-EDL equals being far-Left, nor that Lefties haven't criticised Choudray.

But I give you full marks for your deluded hyperbole though. That's all that's left if you're not able to marshal the facts. And I also praise your high-handed way in completely ducking the question, well done.

So will the 'anti-fash' come out onto the streets in force to protest people like him?

YouTube- Anjem Choudary talks of 7.7.

Or is it only the 'bad' fascists they make the effort to fight?

So is this Islamofascist wacko, Anjem Choudary, right wing or left wing?

He must be left wing if he's not being attacked by the UAF.

Aren't those supremacists undeniably fascist? Or perhaps they are the 'wrong' fascists, vehemently anti-West, anti-US and anti-Democracy as they are and so thus worthy of patronage.

And that's the modern Left's intellectual leadership, wanting in self-hate as it is since their beloved 'misunderstood' USSR collapsed!

There was no ducking question.

1, Anyone who compares people who are anti EDL as being far left as you did show themselves up to be the supporter of tactics used before by the National Front and now by EDL.

2. You linked together the BNP and EDL and as I have been suspecting there are indeed links - to the point that UAF are now suggesting the possibility of this being the thug army that is typical of Nazi's. Nick Griffin himself did begin in this way with the National Front.

They are linked.

3. You made an erroneous claim.

However you have also taken this off topic.

I am interested in what people think about the UAF's involvement. I asked because before someone, possibly Infinte said some negative things about the UAF.

Personally I do like seeing the UAF stand up to them because it fels like someone is making it clear we will not stand for fascists and secondly because I believe that they may deflect from what might otherwise involve the EDL in more attacks on Muslims.

I am just interested in what others think on this.

Bolton was not a surprising choice for the March as has a strong history of racial tension so the EDL would have been hoping for some Muslims to come out to engage.

I think I like the UAF being involved but I am not sure if it is the best thing. That is what this thread is about.

Do you believe that the UAF is a helpful response to the EDL or should everyone just stay home and let the police deal with these thugs.

It's a difficult one for me to decide.

-- Are the UAF necessary? Is it good that they are there because they send out a message to ordinary Muslims that people would not stand by if anyone tried any fascist activity, or do they encourage the EDL?

Good question, I remember when my parents returned to the UK in the 70's seeing a BBC news article about ordinary citizens grouping together in some ghetto areas to defend immigrant homes from people like the National Front who were attacking their homes at night. Many of the volunteers were martial artists - the police were around but called in only when violence had started.

I don't see the UAF movement as a direct descendent of those volunteers in the 70's but some of the sentiment among some members may be the same. There are other groups too - ANTIFA for one and to a large extent you have to wonder whether there are elements who simply want some aggro.

Just as deliberate however is the EDL choosing areas with large immigrant populations for their protests, equally is the high incidence of attacks on ethnic minorities in places where people like the EDL and the BNP have marched. I suppose at a human level, some people don't want to sit by until some horrendous attack has happened on an immigrant but would rather protest or stop the attacks happening.

Why don't the EDL march in Wooton Basset for instance? Why don't they march in areas with few if any migrants?

Had a look at your mark humphreys link... was interested to read about celebrities responses and who he claimed as part of this evil one-eyed monster and surprised to read Desmond Tutu there.

Tutu's credentials for being part of the "modern left" (won't bother to put all your rubbish in but you know the stuff you spout about the "evil reds")?

Mark Humphreys link said:
On the day after Christmas, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Anglican Primate of South Africa and holder of the Nobel Peace Prize, standing before the memorial at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem to the millions of Jews murdered by Hitler, prayed for the murderers and sermonized the descendants of their victims. "We pray for those who made it happen, help us to forgive them and help us so that we in our turn will not make others suffer" (New York Times, 27 December 1989). This, he said, was his "message" to the Israeli children and grandchildren of the dead.

Moral obtuseness, mean spite, and monstrous arrogance do not make for sound ethics and theology. Neither Tutu nor the Israelis he lectured can "forgive" the Nazi murderers. Representatives of an injured group are not licensed (even by the most unctuous of preachers) to forgive on behalf of the whole group. In fact, forgiveness issues from God alone. The forgiveness Tutu offers the Nazis is truly pitiless because it forgets the victims, blurs over suffering, and drowns the past.

So a Christian, acting in the way his messiah (Jesus Christ) asked followers to act i.e. forgive those who betray / wound / hurt us - is somehow left wing...

The link given for whatever Desmond Tutu is supposed to have said that enraged our modern "Redwatch" righties could be this - Desmond Tutu speech in London

In essence, he talks about how the goodwill shown to the US after 9/11 has largely around the world become deep mistrust and hostility. Hmm, anything to do with the lies that took us into Iraq and left Afghanistan (where Osama Bin Laden was supposed to be) alone to fester and the world ignored the pile up bodies of Western troops.

Or could the good archbishop have angered our Redwatch buddies by saying this? "forgive but don't retaliate"

Was Jesus a leftie? Is Tutu only doing what the leader of the faith he is part of has asked of him? Hmmm.. doesn't take much to be a "leftie" it seems. Anyone to the left of Hitler must be a communist I think.
:lol:

Good question, I remember when my parents returned to the UK in the 70's seeing a BBC news article about ordinary citizens grouping together in some ghetto areas to defend immigrant homes from people like the National Front who were attacking their homes at night. Many of the volunteers were martial artists - the police were around but called in only when violence had started.
I don't see the UAF movement as a direct descendent of those volunteers in the 70's but some of the sentiment among some members may be the same.

this may indeed be why they have decided on this course of action. It does seem to me that if they did not, then it would be much more likely that sooner or later some Muslims would get fed up and the EDL might have the chance to create the reality it is trying to.

There are other groups too - ANTIFA for one and to a large extent you have to wonder whether there are elements who simply want some aggro.
Did you have some negative things to say about this group before?I guess people need to be prepared for aggro when doing anything like this but I would agree nothing would be gained if the UAF were as interested in an afternoon's fight as I hear the EDL are.

Just as deliberate however is the EDL choosing areas with large immigrant populations for their protests, equally is the high incidence of attacks on ethnic minorities in places where people like the EDL and the BNP have marched.

You say 'just as deliberate', do you have any evidence that the UAF is wanting deliberate violent confrontation with the EDL.

I suppose at a human level, some people don't want to sit by until some horrendous attack has happened on an immigrant but would rather protest or stop the attacks happening.

I think not just attacks but the psychological goading. I know earlier marches I looked at were all off to Mosques and so on.

Was Jesus a leftie? Is Tutu only doing what the leader of the faith he is part of has asked of him? Hmmm.. doesn't take much to be a "leftie" it seems. Anyone to the left of Hitler must be a communist I think.
:lol:
so true, so true ;)

this may indeed be why they have decided on this course of action. It does seem to me that if they did not, then it would be much more likely that sooner or later some Muslims would get fed up and the EDL might have the chance to create the reality it is trying to.

They have been fed up before and defended themselves. I remember some incidents in Slough some years back. About 8 years ago, I knew a young Pakistani up here who would (if threatened) be able to call on friends in Lancashire to come and get involved in defence of the community.

However there as in Birmingham, once the far right threat went away some of the gangs turned to other activities - usually crime.

-- Did you have some negative things to say about this group before?

:rofl

Sorry, you may have read my "debates" with wazzockman - he was very much against groups like Antifa.

I guess people need to be prepared for aggro when doing anything like this but I would agree nothing would be gained if the UAF were as interested in an afternoon's fight as I hear the EDL are.

True - the alternative however is to allow the EDL to cause tensions and then the migrant community creates its own gangs where there are large communities with young men to draw upon.

-- You say 'just as deliberate', do you have any evidence that the UAF is wanting deliberate violent confrontation with the EDL.

None particularly - however ANTIFA certainly proudly talks of taking the fight to people like the BNP and probably soon, the EDL.

They have been fed up before and defended themselves. I remember some incidents in Slough some years back. About 8 years ago, I knew a young Pakistani up here who would (if threatened) be able to call on friends in Lancashire to come and get involved in defence of the community.[/qu

However there as in Birmingham, once the far right threat went away some of the gangs turned to other activities - usually crime.

Oh I am not denying that Muslim's can defend themselves. I believe that these marches are indeed a provocation to try to get Muslims involved even down to the meeting for the fight. This they can then use to show the terrible situation the poor whites of the UK have to put up with from violent Muslims.

In that way I think the UAF forms the Buffer and hopefully the Muslim community can pay them as much attention as they did Wilders.

True - the alternative however is to allow the EDL to cause tensions and then the migrant community creates its own gangs where there are large communities with young men to draw upon.

agree, so I am thinking that certainly at the moment the UAF seems to be doing a needed job.

There was no ducking question.

1, Anyone who compares people who are anti EDL as being far left as you did show themselves up to be the supporter of tactics used before by the National Front and now by EDL.

3. You made an erroneous claim.

I think I like the UAF being involved but I am not sure if it is the best thing. That is what this thread is about.

Do you believe that the UAF is a helpful response to the EDL or should everyone just stay home and let the police deal with these thugs.

It's a difficult one for me to decide.

1. No I didn't. Not as you're trying to present it, as if that's the sole criteria. I made a Youtube video on the EDL myself, holding those troublemakers as bad as the Muslim rioters in places like Trafalgar Square. Both seek to barney with each other, with the UAF also doing their bit to confront people.

2. No. Militant extremist Islamists are always seeking an end to freedom and democracy in this country, converting people to Islam by force using all the tools of the state to do it. Sounds very much like a form of fascism to me, yet the placard wavers are strangely silent.

If any 'protester' is involved in violent scuffle when all they should apparently be doing is holding a placard, then they should be arrested. UAF people have been as responsible for disturbance as anyone else. But obviously if there's no attempt at a riot then both sides should be allowed to protest what they like as noisily as they like. I just take the worst offence when I see pro-Islamic 'protesters' not be arrested for their incidendiary sloganeering but ordinary people are themselves threatened with arrest for speaking against them, for example in Leeds and London.

But all in all, for a quiet life, "everyone just stay home and let the police deal with these thugs". Sounds good to me, especially if thugs from BOTH sides are sorted out.

SATIRE: JOHNATHAN LEFTWINGER MP, MUSLIMS AND THE EDL:

INTRODUCTION:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQuZZfeVyo"]YouTube- Who's Afraid of the EDL? (Well, apart from those just like 'em?!) (demo) a[/ame]

TROUBLE AND MAYHEM AT TRAFALGAR SQUARE AS ANTI-ISRAELI LEFTISTS AND PRO-PALESTINIAN MUSLIMS UNITE:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfAjD4HF5Q8"]YouTube- Who's Afraid of the EDL? (Well, apart from those just like 'em?!) (demo) b[/ame]

Hear the dopey character defend extremists as real life whiny Leftists do.

Last edited:
1. No I didn't. Not as you're trying to present it, as if that's the sole criteria. I made a Youtube video on the EDL myself, holding those troublemakers as bad as the Muslim rioters in places like Trafalgar Square. Both seek to barney with each other, with the UAF also doing their bit to confront people.

You went off on your usual one. You said

I responded appropriately on all three points. Your wished perhaps that Chouderay had not come up for discussion but sorry, he had.

I did not bother with the rest of what you had to say as you seemed to be off topic but after seeing Infinites reply to you I had a look and, to be honest Republic, you would need to be a bit sick or completely uneducated to believe that link :roll:

I have no interest in your you tube videos. On the rare occasion someone points to something of substance I may look but I find your gluttony of such videos nauseous.

With respect to everything else you have to say I can only refer you to the Link Andalublue provided on the Wilders thread

This is England: On the trail of the English Defence League | Mail Online

and indeed the comments he makes in that post as they seem very pertinent to your writing.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...m-film-sparks-protests-27.html#post1058631114

Sick? Gluttony? Nauseous? Oooo, the insults! Ooo, the smears! Ooo, the high-handed arrogant Leftiness cripples me to my bones! I don't think I can take any more of your disciplinary. :)

I asked a question which you refuse to answer. It was pertinent. I'll ask again:

DO YOU THINK THE ANTI-FASCIST PEOPLE WILL BE AS QUICK TO PROTEST NOISILY AGAINST EXTREMIST ISLAMIC GROUPS?

Yes or No?

And the more you shuffle and dodge the question, the more I'll ask. And answer it too.

Last edited:
Thanks. And about time too.

Let's hope the condemnation spreads and hits the likes of John Pilger and others, who say that Islamic extremism is merely a reaction to Western barbarism. I certainly can't find any UAF statements against extremism, never mind plans to march against it.

Plenty of UAF and Leftist apology though, far outweighing any apparent common sense by some in condemning Islamofascism.

[ame=http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=uaf+islamic+extremism&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8]uaf islamic extremism - Google Search[/ame]

Islam, Islamism and the Far/Hard Left: Images of IslamoFascism

Thanks. And about time too.

Let's hope the condemnation spreads and hits the likes of John Pilger and others, who say that Islamic extremism is merely a reaction to Western barbarism. I certainly can't find any UAF statements against extremism, never mind plans to march against it.

Plenty of UAF and Leftist apology though, far outweighing any apparent common sense by some in condemning Islamofascism.

uaf islamic extremism - Google Search

Islam, Islamism and the Far/Hard Left: Images of IslamoFascism

It isn't really the topic of the thread. I don't find I can read too much of your posts - if you remember I did put you on ignore. However I started this thread so thought I would respond to you for a bit.

You have thread upon thread upon thread in which you post your extreme versions of Islam and BNP/EDL stereotypes on them. It was not my intention to provide another outlet for your propaganda.

Here you are supporting a group of thugs and that they are can clearly be seen from the photo in the link I gave.

However if you did proper research you would find that Muslims themselves organised protests against Islam 4 UK for both the proposed but cancelled Trafalgar Square march and the proposed and cancelled Wooton Basset one. For these they were the most appropriate people to do this.

For National Front/EDL thugs, it is I think best to keep Muslims out of it. At the present point in time I think that the UAF is providing that service.

Yes, you did put me on Ignore. And I choose to ignore that.

It's interesting that had you decided not to trade in insults at the expense of facts, you would have indeed discovered that I spoke out against the EDL in my video. And been sharply criticised by EDL fans.

I asked a supplementary question to your main topic. And it was answered by somebody else.

"Muslims themselves organised protests against Islam 4 UK"

Yes, Muslims organised a protest.. not the Unite Against Fascism group with much better funding, organisation and media backing.

I wonder why..

(And yes, Muslims are better placed to protest peacefully and calmly against extremism, which is why it's a pity they rarely do. And I also agree with your sentiment to keep ordinary Muslims out of it and let extremist rioters clash amongst themselves.)

Last edited:
Yes, you did put me on Ignore. And I choose to ignore that.

It's interesting that had you decided not to trade in insults at the expense of facts, you would have indeed discovered that I spoke out against the EDL in my video. And been sharply criticised by EDL fans.
Well if you are now providing home movies that you put up on youtube, let me enlighten you that I remember Tasha telling someone such things don't go down too well on Debate Politics. If you think I am going to watch all your you tube offerings including home videos you are quite wrong.

I look at your words. Here is your first post

Not one single word against the EDL, quite the opposite, so if you have had a little tiff with your EDL mates over a slight difference in how you want to go about things, it makes not a bit of difference to me. They are thugs, like the National Front and you have said not one word against them.

Yes, Muslims organised a protest.. not the Unite Against Fascism group with much better funding, organisation and media backing.

I wonder why..

Wonder how you would have felt if they had not. If you believe that Islam4UK are a threat to the UK you have been attending too many EDL/BNP meetings. Infinite has pointed out that
Antifa did. My belief is that the people who needed to were Muslims themselves and they did. Now if Islam 4 uk ever was a genuine threat then of course the situation would be different. The likelihood that Islam 4 UK would ever recruit anyone but Muslims is also more or less non existence, so again, the people to oppose them are primarily Muslims.

Your friends in the BNP/EDL though are to some extent. They want to provoke Muslims. They want to cause problems. It is therfore appropriate that they are supported. People of my age have seen this before. It is Muslims today, but your little defence league will be after the Hindus, blacks and Jews later.

(And yes, Muslims are better placed to protest peacefully and calmly against extremism, which is why it's a pity they rarely do. And I also agree with your sentiment to keep ordinary Muslims out of it and let extremist rioters clash amongst themselves.)

I think I will need to put you on ignore again as you are being disingenuous. I never said anything of the sort. I said that I believe the EDL is trying to provoke Muslims and for that reason it is best they stay out. Annoying to a BNP/EDL supporter maybe because confrontations with Muslims is exactly what they want, but tough.

Last edited:
Once again you disregard the facts in favour of emotional intuition. You do women worldwide a disservice with such stereotypical behaviour!

You can watch what you like. If you don't want to see evidence of my real views when you ask for it then you can always ignore me again. Not that the complaint is valid anyway, seeing as you expect me to trawl through your hyperlinks whilst sniffily disregarding mine!

You claim the EDL are my friends and that I don't speak a word against them. What's this aversion to facts and truth here? Does it sting you or something? I just thought it curious that often the only way to drag out criticism of Islamofascism from Liberals is to nag them incessently. And even then that won't work often because hypocrisy is only supposed to cut one way.

I don't care if the UAF yobs riot with EDL yobs. They deserve each other, especially as Muslim youths can keep themselves whipped up as much as extremists on the other side. I just asked my question and was silly enough to expect a quick, no-fuss answer.

Last edited:
[/I]

Rop, why are you concerned [obsessed] with the legitimacy of the far left, whoever that might be, if as you suggest you hold both extremes Right/Left in equal contempt?

Paul

Last edited:
I don't think they do have much legitimacy. I just think the dangerous influence the radical Left has in society needs to be highlighted more often.

UAF is part-funded by the unions and has copious free publicity in the left wing press. Yet they are selective in who they target and expose, with many supporters and insiders having links with or sympathies for terrorists.

[ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&ei=A2emS4KwCIKQjAfUx9n7CQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA8QBSgA&q=uaf+islamic+extremism+list+links&spell=1]"]uaf islamic extremism list links - Google Search[/ame]

As a mass these Islamic extremists are a damn site more dangerous and influential than the tiny EDL.

Last edited:
Once again you disregard the facts in favour of emotional intuition. You do women worldwide a disservice with such stereotypical behaviour!

This is insulting enough to deserve a report. You are back on ignore and please stop ruining this thread with your pathetic propaganda.

You claim the EDL are my friends and that I don't speak a word against them
You say not a word against them in your posts. If you choose always to support their point of view in your posts then that is obviously the view which I will take you have. You said you had made a video and EDL fans disagreed with you. I understood this to mean you were in conversation with them. You would only be in conversation with them if you either opposed or really shared their views. You certainly do not oppose their views as can be seen by your posts so I assumed it was the other...and still do.

A forum is for writing your views not expecting people to spend days watching your home videos. You will be judged on what you write.

You present consistently their and the BNP propaganda. You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

You are on ignore where you should have stayed. Please stop taking this thread off topic. As I have said before you have thread upon thread upon thread where you show your extreme anti Islam views.

I don't think they do have much legitimacy. I just think the dangerous influence the radical Left has in society needs to be highlighted more often.

UAF is part-funded by the unions and has copious free publicity in the left wing press. Yet they are selective in who they target and expose, with many supporters and insiders having links with or sympathies for terrorists.

uaf islamic extremism list links - Google Search

As a mass these Islamic extremists are a damn site more dangerous and influential than the tiny EDL.

I see the UAF as more of a reactionary group. And, as its name suggests 'Unite Against Fascism' that must represent a cause the majority of the population would back, dont you think?
Being funded, or a member of, the Union does not make someone far left or far Right. Of course the Union has far left and far Right elements but there's much more to belonging to the Union than being extreme. The ideological footprint you have assigned the Union [far Left] is not conducive with the membership as a whole, you follow? I could go onto offer the many services the Union offers its membership but that would take me on a tangent and a derailment too far.

Paul

Last edited:
This is insulting enough to deserve a report. You are back on ignore and please stop ruining this thread with your pathetic propaganda.

Stop playing the victim. If you're going to make absurd suggestions without the faintest whiff of hard fact, for example that I'm in conversation with the EDL or being in league with the BNP, you'll just have to suffer my usual pointing out where you're wrong.

I don't mind if you ignore me. Probably just as well if you think a follow-up question ruins the nice, tidy topic you present to the world. If it keeps your blood pressure down, please do so by all means, particularly if it stops you from launching into personal attacks in leiu of evidence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom