• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EDL choose Bolton

I don't know enough about the UAF, I think if you look at my posts on this thread I've criticised them as much as praised them.

One of the reasons I began the thread was because I wanted to learn more about them and I certainly was not praising them in the OP ;)

One of the reasons I began the thread was because I wanted to learn more about them and I certainly was not praising them in the OP ;)

alexa, I wasn't suggesting you were. They are an interesting organisation, as were their forebears the ANL and RAR. They all have (had) the right aim, I believe, of fighting the resurgence of the neo-Nazi far-right. I applaud that. Unfortunately they are a broad church which includes violent element of Trotskyists and anarchists who think in terms of a class war, and all the things that war entails. A bit like the right-ists, in fact.

You can praise their aims while criticising their strategy. It doesn't make their aims any less valid, or their methods any less counter-productive. Mind you, I suspect that their violence is directed at their opponents rather than at the innocent passers-by at their demos, which is more than can be said for the EDL.

alexa, I wasn't suggesting you were.
no, I didn't think you were but I think I did find myself defending them more than I would have wanted the way the thread went.

They are an interesting organisation, as were their forebears the ANL and RAR. They all have (had) the right aim, I believe, of fighting the resurgence of the neo-Nazi far-right. I applaud that.
I agree with you there

Unfortunately they are a broad church which includes violent element of Trotskyists and anarchists who think in terms of a class war, and all the things that war entails. A bit like the right-ists, in fact.

I cam across someone talking about that yesterday. Will need to look a bit more.

You can praise their aims while criticising their strategy. It doesn't make their aims any less valid, or their methods any less counter-productive. Mind you, I suspect that their violence is directed at their opponents rather than at the innocent passers-by at their demos, which is more than can be said for the EDL.

Yes, I agree with you there too. I have been wondering what would be better against these very threatening looking EDL people and I have not yet come up with an answer.

Back
Top Bottom